IGNORED

"Cop Murders Unarmed Civilian" Thread

LimpyLoo

he's dead now.

He was “absolutely a threat when going down,” Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark said at a news conference.

Sheriff’s Capt. Billy McKelvey claims the arresting officers were not aware Harris had been shot, despite the gunshot noise and Bates’ admission. Sgt. Dave Walker told the Tulsa World that police “would not investigate the death unless the sheriff’s office asked them to, and they have not asked us to.”ramedi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand Paul? Say it ain't so, my friend.

Yeah, for the moment he's the only person I would vote for, but I'm definitely open to hearing why I should hate him. So far nothing is very compelling coming from the left.

You shouldn't hate him, but you shouldn't vote for him either. His budget plan would absolutely cripple the poor and middle-class families in the US. For example, he wants to implement a flat tax. The rich are salivating already.

He boasts about his tax plan being the largest tax cut in history, and then says he will balance the budget in 5 years.

Since revenue will be reduced greatly, gotta look elsewhere to balance the budget. Oh what's that? Cuts you say? Why yes thank you, the Senator will make some cuts.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/7/8360691/rand-paul-budget-president

I think the majority of those cuts are great. He also said he's willing to discuss the actual flat tax rate %. I don't want a centralized government for the most part, and I don't want to fund a bunch of people who think they are royalty. I also don't think it's appropriate that I have to pay income taxes. I will support sacrifices to shrink our government. In the long run I believe that it will beneficial to all of us as tough as it may be in the meantime.

Rand Paul? Say it ain't so, my friend.

Yeah, for the moment he's the only person I would vote for, but I'm definitely open to hearing why I should hate him. So far nothing is very compelling coming from the left.

You shouldn't hate him, but you shouldn't vote for him either. His budget plan would absolutely cripple the poor and middle-class families in the US. For example, he wants to implement a flat tax. The rich are salivating already.

He boasts about his tax plan being the largest tax cut in history, and then says he will balance the budget in 5 years.

Since revenue will be reduced greatly, gotta look elsewhere to balance the budget. Oh what's that? Cuts you say? Why yes thank you, the Senator will make some cuts.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/7/8360691/rand-paul-budget-president

I think the majority of those cuts are great. He also said he's willing to discuss the actual flat tax rate %. I don't want a centralized government for the most part, and I don't want to fund a bunch of people who think they are royalty. I also don't think it's appropriate that I have to pay income taxes. I will support sacrifices to shrink our government. In the long run I believe that it will beneficial to all of us as tough as it may be in the meantime.

I'm gonna answer in the how the world views america thread, don't want to get this one to far off topic.

Rand Paul tried to get Abby fired from Russia Today when she asked him walking into the Capitol building why he endorsed Mitt Romney while his father was still technically running in the presidential primaries. Rand Paul is a liar, a coward and it turns out from a lot of his recent media appearances (and originally brought up by his treatment of my sis) a misogynist too. Guy's a piece of shit, and it's not even worth going into the 'but hes better than hillary' garbagey lesser of two evils logic. They're all fucking cunts

I just want us to elect Rand Paul so we can defund the police.

Brandon is in prison and will remain there until July on charges of assault and battery against a police officer and resisting arrest.

“They arrested me, never Mirandized me or Brandon, and they sent me off with a summons. When I went back to my car, my phone had been brought off the dashboard and was on the drivers seat. I asked the cops who deleted the video, after looking for it in my folder, and they all started laughing. It was sickening. I later found it in my recently deleted folder,” Griffith told The Free Thought Project.

why did this idiot think being 17 would prevent him from being arrested?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3hTWLHUOU

This is made creepier by the backdrop of a basic radio station.

bumping with more dead black people

Video of Florida Cop Shooting Unarmed Black Man Holding Cell Phone. Dashcam video reveals Florida cop gunned down unarmed black man and lied about it: lawyer
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Dashcam video shows unarmed man being shot by PBSO deputy
(NBC5) PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - Exclusively-obtained dash-cam video shows Dontrell Stephens, 20, talking on a cell phone while riding his bike on a Friday morning in September 2013. He can be seen turning onto Norma Elaine Road near Haverhill Road and Okeechobee Boulevard as PBSO deputy Adams Lin trails him.

Moments later, Stephens realizes he’s being followed. He pulls over, gets off his bike with a cell phone in his right hand and walks toward the deputy. For approximately four seconds Stephens is out of frame only to be seen again when being shot four times.

Stephens, who is black and has a criminal record for possessing cocaine, is seen running from the bullets then dropping to the ground.

Stephens was armed with nothing but a cell phone.

A short time later, an admittedly shaken Deputy Lin is heard talking to another deputy.

"He starts backing away," Lin explains. "I said, ‘Get on the ground, get on the ground.”

Then, the other deputy is heard saying, "I got your back man. I got your back. Hey, you hear me?”

Deputy Lin responds, “Yeah, I know.”

That day, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw went on TV to defend the shooting.

"Stop what you're doing and comply with us,” he told reporters. "There's nothing in the rules of engagement that says we have to put our lives in jeopardy to wait to find out what this is to get killed."

Lin was cleared to return to work four days later. Months later, investigators from the State Attorney's Office and PBSO ruled the shooting justified.
West Palm Beach attorney Jack Scarola is suing the sheriff and the deputy on Stephens’ behalf. Scarola says he discovered issues with the deputy’s statements after requesting and viewing all the video and audio recordings from the incident.

"There are no records of any commands ever made to Dontrell Stephens," explained Scarola.

"The deputy's recorded statements following the shooting were absolutely false. Internal affairs completely ignored that evidence,” he said.

Today, Stephens is paralyzed from the waist down.

While Sheriff Bradshaw was on the record the day of Stephens’ shooting, he’s not talking about the case now. The Sheriff’s policy is to not comment on pending litigation.

Stephens' shooting reveals a pattern of problems with how deputy-involved shootings are investigated.

video footage caught on tape cellphone camera surveillance raw dash cam air live tv share comment like most popular speech

holy fucking shit, that news is almost so amazing its hard to believe. Its still early but there had to be some kind of really damning piece of evidence, maybe even a surveillance video of them beating him to death rodney king style. Wow

looking through the charges themselves, most of the officers were charged with manslaughter by vehicle. I mean besides the ridiculousness of being like 'whoops we don't know how he turned into a pretzel on the way over' it makes me wonder how these charges came out so quickly

That cop at least the one charged with 2nd degree murder needs a serious ass raping in prison. Hopefully with a free STD to boot. My co-workers in UK think we are bat shit insane. We are. There is no need for civilians to own firearms, and no need for the police to murder its own citizens. They are scared now to even vacation in US. Who can blame them? Getting randomly killed for no reason? The US is killing it's own tourism trade, making itself look like the clown land of planet Earth. The National Guard has become an occupying army. They're not chartered for that. To threaten their own citizens? It's a seriously fucked up situation, and the US media keeps its viewers so isolated from the rest of the world, they don't even realize how far their standard of living has fallen. It depresses me to no end. My girlfriend can't even watch the news anymore bc she can't deal with seeing that shit. There is no end game. A cycle of violence feeding itself. I can't imagine what it will be like a generation from now. The kids today are growing up fearing law enforcement, that will damage them forever. I know the last decade of US war has damaged Millenials, there's no way it couldn't. If you grew up in a constant state of war, you will have a siege mentality, distrust authority, despair that there will ever be peace again. I fear for my nephew and the world we leave him and his generation. There is no end game. Civil war? Feudal society? Wild West? It's too late to turn it back, it just is. Guns & violence are so entrenched in US culture, it's an unstoppable wave. The people who are police now grew up in that decade of war, they have a military attitude towards peacekeeping. Give them surplus military gear, and you compound the problem, and make them feel justified in acting that way, and even fuel that attitude in officers who wouldn't have turned out violent in a normal situation.

Your standard of living might have fallen relative the country's idealized past, but compared to a lot of places in the world you're still doing alright.

I agree with you about the militarization of the police though. Ridiculous way to worsen the fabric of civil society.

Also like Robbie I was pretty amazed at both the fact they decided to prosecute and the speed with which the decision came about.

apparently all the cops are out on bail now and right wingers are using the idea that 2(?) of the cops being black is 100% proof that we don't have a racial problem with it comes to policing in the US.
I guess they haven't seen this before

I'm not an expert on this so sorry if it's a dumb question. but how much of this is related to training and the requirements needed to get into the police (I heard it can be super easy to get into the force some places)? Do the attitudes between precincts differ radically? I also wonder how many of the total amount of cops are more brutal than not. I get creeped out every time I hear someone yelling "i cant breathe!"

I'm not an expert on this so sorry if it's a dumb question. but how much of this is related to training and the requirements needed to get into the police (I heard it can be super easy to get into the force some places)? Do the attitudes between precincts differ radically? I also wonder how many of the total amount of cops are more brutal than not. I get creeped out every time I hear someone yelling "i cant breathe!"

it is very much about the institutional way police are trained to respond to threats. In the United States cops are taught to 'shoot to kill' when they draw a weapon. Police are not primarily trained (in some instances they are, like if they lose a gun or are doing hand to hand combat) on how to disarm an assailant with a weapon. So for example if a person is holding a knife and runs towards the police (because officer safety is #1 priority) by default the police will shoot to kill that assailant, instead of say shooting them in the kneecaps or arm. Shooting 6 bullets straight in front of you without knowing how to be a really good shot under pressure is essentially easier for officer safety. And over time this has become the default protocol.

So maybe in like the 1950s when cops would shoot 50 bullets into a suspect it was because of a pack mentality sort of rageful vengeance kind of thing, now its more murky because i'm sure this type of pack mentality still happens often times the reaction of riddling a suspect with 50 bullets is taught at an institutional level.

Yeah I see. I've just been surprised by the lack of empathy and seeming complete disregard for people in the numerous police brutality videos for a long time. I mean it's either like 5 people on top of someone completely choking them out, or 8 people kicking and sending the baton into someone seemingly without end. What normal person doesn't know that a few hits at most hurt enough to incapacitate most people. and a lot of the time the person is on his stomach, completely unable to move. I can understand shooting someone who's running towards you (even though the police should bear the highest burden of proof and get the most sophisticated training since they can legally use force), but I don't understand the brutish sadism often on display. But then again there's lots of videos of good cops too :P

My cousin tried to get into highway patrol for years before giving up. The hierarchy in US goes like this:

Apply to the armed services

If rejected, apply to Blackwater type private co

If rejected apply to law enforcement

If rejected, apply to be a security guard

Yeah I see. I've just been surprised by the lack of empathy and seeming complete disregard for people in the numerous police brutality videos for a long time. I mean it's either like 5 people on top of someone completely choking them out, or 8 people kicking and sending the baton into someone seemingly without end. What normal person doesn't know that a few hits at most hurt enough to incapacitate most people. and a lot of the time the person is on his stomach, completely unable to move. I can understand shooting someone who's running towards you (even though the police should bear the highest burden of proof and get the most sophisticated training since they can legally use force), but I don't understand the brutish sadism often on display. But then again there's lots of videos of good cops too :P

for me the most disturbing example of the lack of empathy and sadism is when cops continue to beat on or act like a man handcuffed and bleeding to death is a threat (weapons still drawn, no concern for the health of the victim )

• 3 weeks later...

But cops have this rare privelege to fuck with people and get away with it in a primitive sort of way. Human nature, but smartphones might be the thing that turned the tides in history thanks Steve Jobs for thinkin different and lettin us video this shit homie rip

Archived