IGNORED

Moments in Autechre albums that blew your mind

Lost in Amber

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0:36 in paralel Suns. It always reminds me of how many people on WATMM hate this album and it brings a tear to my eye.

P.S. Sell me your Quaristice steel case CD, thanks.

The soundboard isnt great quality but it really does not matter.

I don't know if you have a different copy to me or what but my copy is perfect, especially for a live recording

The climax of Treale; how everything comes together and finally "makes sense" after the chaos before it.

The final few minutes of Piezo.

The beginning of recks on (mostly because it was so unexpected).

The jarring shift in Simmm.

Yeah Treale is one huge buildup, Qplay too and OsVeix. I like how those tracks did that. T1sa is similar to those where it comes together at the end.

Oh yeah, the ending of Simmm is lushness, did they say in the ama that that bit was like a dream where you're flying? Anyway I love the ending lushness.

3:30 onwards on "Lentic Catacheresis"

That last 45 seconds of "Gantz Graf"

Around 3:20 on "Sublimit"

Very good moments. I'd like to add the transition parts of Surripere.

Oh I totally forgot 1:45 - 2:10 of netlon sentinel, that epic pause before the beat drops in again.

And the Softballet remix, from about 4:05 - 5:10, when it deconstructs and reconstructs itself. Love those tempo changes.

Guest Redialer

The climax of Treale; how everything comes together and finally "makes sense" after the chaos before it.

The final few minutes of Piezo.

The beginning of recks on (mostly because it was so unexpected).

The jarring shift in Simmm.

Yeah Treale is one huge buildup, Qplay too and OsVeix. I like how those tracks did that. T1sa is similar to those where it comes together at the end.

Oh yeah, the ending of Simmm is lushness, did they say in the ama that that bit was like a dream where you're flying? Anyway I love the ending lushness.

I didn't make it that far into the AMA (read about 20 pages worth, though), but that's a really nice way to put it. I always thought of it like, being in a massive crowd, and it's really stressful, but then (when it changes) you blink and everybody vanishes, and you realise that the surroundings were beautiful and tranquil.

Ahh, I love Simmm.

Not an album, but when I listened to Stop Look Listen for the first time, middle until the end part, I was like... no words can describe. I mean no child birth moment can compete.

Not an album, but when I listened to Stop Look Listen for the first time, middle until the end part, I was like... no words can describe. I mean no child birth moment can compete.

I'd laugh if you actually had kids.

I don't know if you have a different copy to me or what but my copy is perfect, especially for a live recording

Maybe I should look for a different version but as far as I know there are only two, and I have the one I prefer. The one I have is 192kbps and it has that real dusty tape transfer sound.

Yea, Stop Look Listen blew my mind when I first heard it too.

Also tge beginning of 11 is on headphones

And the breakdown in Flep

Actually I just put this on for the first time in a while and it sounds a lot better than I remembered. Must have had a dodgy copy at one point.

Ohhh yeeah.

It's emote time at 2:50 when that thing comes in, The bit at 3:21 when those two notes play louder always makes me cry inside. I love the bit at 3:35 as well, it's like the finale of the emote part that started at 2:50.

The melody coming in in VI Scose Poise

Definitely. Every time I hear it, so lush.

That moment when the drums and everything except the melodies drop out of Second Scepe, and you know you still have like 2 minutes of slowly quieting melodies to sustain that feeling. It's perfection. One of my favorite tracks.

I once played a prank on a repairman and told him he and caused a power surge that fried my stereo. To prove it I started playing Second Bad Vilbel. He was like "oh shit!" until the melody kicked in.

lol I had the experience of someone who kept restlessly fiddling with their CD player trying to get it to stop skipping when I gave them Draft 7.30 to play.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived