IGNORED

Heterotic - Rain

cear

• 4 weeks later...

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16684-heterotic-rain-ft-vezelay/

Best new track on Pitchfork for what it's worth

That's cool that they gave them a nod, they rarely give Best New anything that isn't a calculated trend-setting move or blatant payola obligation. They've dug most of µ-Ziq's projects lately but skirted around full-blown acclaim.

That's cool that they gave them a nod, they rarely give Best New anything that isn't a calculated trend-setting move or blatant payola obligation. They've dug most of µ-Ziq's projects lately but skirted around full-blown acclaim.

them?? lol youre talking to mike on that one hehe

them?? lol youre talking to mike on that one hehe

LOL oh man

:facepalm:

Congrats Mike! On the pitchfork nod and effectively posting anonymously and infrequently enough to fool me (for what it's worth) :emotawesomepm9:

You mean like Tim Hecker, Angel Olsen, Lambchop, Uncle Tupelo and Songs Ohia?

You mean like Tim Hecker, Angel Olsen, Lambchop, Uncle Tupelo and Songs Ohia?

They still herald worthy acts (and two those are no-brainer reissues), but they are still promoting the fuck out bands producing songs like this irrelevant mediocrity. Or this, while a fun listen, seems hardly worth noting over so, say, any EKT release or your average decent bandcamp album.

I actually quit reading it regularly, only aware of pfork reviews watmm or twitter now. Basically, anytime Pitchfork gives high praise to someone who isn't a writer's friend, artist from Brooklyn, or anyone they deemed "rising" I'm pleasantly surprised.

Lol at the track being considered "fully formed". High praise yindeed.

haha fully formed (i'm not saying that it isn't paranoid people, i'm just laughing at that review adjective, given the presumption that it should be fully fucking formed, that's why it was mastered and even released with a video, guy. Perhaps it was because vocal, gives it that je nes sais quoi to some brains (that ironically probably aren't 'fully formed'.)

No offence to the reviewer, i just felt inspired to review a section of his review. I personally don't really mean anything mean, well except for that one gaff, which i made pretty clear my opinion of.

haha fully formed (i'm not saying that it isn't paranoid people, i'm just laughing at that review adjective, given the presumption that it should be fully fucking formed, that's why it was mastered and even released with a video, guy. Perhaps it was because vocal, gives it that je nes sais quoi to some brains (that ironically probably aren't 'fully formed'.)

No offence to the reviewer, i just felt inspired to review a section of his review. I personally don't really mean anything mean, well except for that one gaff, which i made pretty clear my opinion of.

I think that a lot of people actually think music without lyrics is incomplete.

I think that a lot of people actually think music without lyrics is incomplete.

A lot of people have absolute shit taste in music too. Nearly everyone just listens to the radio or whatever act is "popular," just because it's popular. People want to be socially accepted (by the endless sea of other idiots, I can't wrap my head around that one) and don't actually know what they like to listen to. The average person doesn't seem to be as emotionally invested in music as the people on this forum.

On topic: The artwork for this release is cool AF and I can't wait for the full album!

The art looks like something from a guy I follow on tumblr, Adam Ferriss. But it could just be from someone of a similar style. No matter, if you like that sort of art find him at adamferriss.tumblr.com, or he's got a real website too.

The title track on this release sounds superb. Very '80s.

The art looks like something from a guy I follow on tumblr, Adam Ferriss. But it could just be from someone of a similar style. No matter, if you like that sort of art find him at adamferriss.tumblr.com, or he's got a real website too.

The title track on this release sounds superb. Very '80s.

It is him, but that tumblr doesn't seem all that similar.

Archived