IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno what the other tracks are like but the one on mine sounds like a layer of a track, to be played with other tracks at the same time like Zaireeka by the Flaming Lips

dunno what the other tracks are like but the one on mine sounds like a layer of a track, to be played with other tracks at the same time like Zaireeka by the Flaming Lips

On the bonus CDr? The second track does, definitely.

Got!

I got Heaves Heavy Heart too, hmm so the cdr is even more special 'cos there's different ones ;)

WTF you got three tracks you cunt!

no i didnt am afraid, I got Cruel to a hearts that true and Lions Manor... didnt get the heavy heart one.. I am still a cunt tho to be fair!

Hello watmm

Got mine in the post today and it has Cruel To Heart That's True & Lion's Manor. Hopefully I'll get to hear these other bonus tracks on youtube or something later. Good album, definitely better than his last few albums :)

Cruel To Heart That's True (04:49) is one of his classical type pieces, no beats.

Lion's Manor (05:24) is just silence until 3 minutes 36 seconds into it, from there its a funky jazzy rhythm with dubby vocals saying "when you are all alone" (or something like that). Strange - sounds like it could just be a layer of a track.....

I imagine one version of the cdr has one layer of the track, and the other version has the other layer?

how do all the songs compare in length? does it look like 2 should be played over top each other?

I imagine one version of the cdr has one layer of the track, and the other version has the other layer?

how do all the songs compare in length? does it look like 2 should be played over top each other?

I think you're onto something here, investigate!

Heaves heavy Heart is 2:08 and is a nice guitar piece like 8am Union Station.

Lions Manor defo sounds like a layer track, it stops and starts abruptly and is beatless with violins and stuff, it's 5:23 long.

"Shaky Sometimes" is my fave from the album... Total masterpiece imo. Huge emotion in those synths and when the god damn xylophone cuts in after the first "BWOOOOOWWWWWW BWOOWWW BOWWWW" then it goes "DINGGGGGG DEENNNNGGGGG" it almost caused me to veer into ongoing traffic.

Overall... such a badass album. I feel like he included virtually all the styles he's ever used into this one, in small does. "She Runs" has a nice hospitality feel in some parts which was dope. I can't wait to check the bonus cd out!

It does seem a bit weak sending everyone out a printed CD with just 9 minutes of music on, but whatever it's pretty cool anyway.

Not had time to listen to the album yet been drinking all day and just finished a mammoth BBQ session

Its also a bit annoying that there are more than 2 bonus tracks but you don't get them all!

Just re-reading the thread thought you got 3 tracks ya cunt was aimed at me, but did some people get 3 tracks?

lol soz, it was aimed at you cos I misread that you had 3 tracks, was meant to be funny oops.

I'm also a tad disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD, but it would be worth it if we could put them all tpgether like a puzzle to make the full tracks, if that is what it is.

No worries matey! No offence taken. Looking forward to listening to the album more think it could end up being 1 of his best but need some more spins to know for sure!

disappointed... about a few minutes of bonus material...

what?

The album is 55 minutes long on it's own, more than most artists are putting out these days. See: OPN, Plaid, Patten, etc etc

disappointed... about a few minutes of bonus material...

what?

The album is 55 minutes long on it's own, more than most artists are putting out these days. See: OPN, Plaid, Patten, etc etc

Shit, the title track has more work put into it than some artists entire catalog.

Not at all dissapointed with the album or the bonus CD, just seemed a bit strange going to the lengths of printing up a label and burning a load of discs just for 9 minutes that is all. Could have easily stuck the 20 minute acid track from SoundCloud a few months back on there

Not at all dissapointed with the album or the bonus CD, just seemed a bit strange going to the lengths of printing up a label and burning a load of discs just for 9 minutes that is all. Could have easily stuck the 20 minute acid track from SoundCloud a few months back on there

That makes sense, no worries lol. It was this from Lesley "I'm also a tad disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD" I found strange =P

Its dissapinting in the sense that I was expecting a lot more than 2 tracks on the CD. Its bonus stuff tho so aint a big deal and the albums a beuaty so overall I am more than happy with this new Snares.

That makes sense, no worries lol. It was this from Lesley "I'm also a tad disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD" I found strange =P

But how is it strange when we both said exactly the same thing?

A bonus CDR with one 2 minute track and a weird track that might be a layer track, yes not exactly what I expected., what's "strange" about that?

Would you expect that when you hear there is a bonus cdr?

Anyway also like I said earlier it would be great to find out that tracks are meant to played on top of eachother, that would be very cool.

Also the album is amazing as I've said many times.

pls tell me what you find strange about what I said.

But how is it strange when we both said exactly the same thing?

A bonus CDR with one 2 minute track and a weird track that might be a layer track, yes not exactly what I expected., what's "strange" about that?

Would you expect that when you hear there is a bonus cdr?

Anyway also like I said earlier it would be great to find out that tracks are meant to played on top of eachother, that would be very cool.

Also the album is amazing as I've said many times.

pls tell me what you find strange about what I said.

You're disappointed that you got bonus/free material.

You said you're disappointed when you only got 9 minutes of bonus/free material, like you're entitled to more/something else. If this is confusing to you, I don't know how to help you.

I'm not disappointed that I received bonus/free material.

Rather than feel "entitled" to something more/else, I was "a tad disappointed" that a CDR contained one two minute track and a weird track.

Probaly due to the fact that it came on a CDR perhaps I expected more, if this is confusing to you, I don;t know how to help you.

Archived