IGNORED

Who is your favorite band / artist?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Parker is probably my number one. Shortly followed by Squarepusher, Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Lapalux, Dimlite, Funki Porcini.

I actually like so many artists that that list would probably change a bit every now and then.

YMO and all related projects.. Is that cheating?

If so, either Grouper, Real Estate, or 0PN.

Oh, YMO are great! Technodelic and BGM are mindblowing. I'm a big fan of Sakamoto's work with David Sylvian too.

early 90's me: Soundgarden

mid 90's me: NIN

early 00's me: Elliott Smith

After that my musical interests branched out into far too many directions to choose one favorite artist... though if a gun were put to my head I guess I could go with the most predictable choice ever (The Beatles)

I used to have favorite artists. Pasts have been Aphex Twin, anything Edward Upton, Nine Inch Nails (mid Nineties) and Plaid. I always used to say "this is my favorite band" or "artist", now i just collectively love all good music.

Guest Zwei Kreise

Dead Can Dance...

Followed by Talking Heads.

Even considering the obvious (RDJ, Ae) I'm liking some of the above picks a lot (yay Grouper !)

Guest Frankie5fingers

Solar Fields

RDJ

BoC

ae

Back in the days of old The Beatles were my number one but then i got into these 4 and things have never been the same since.

Archived