IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chalybs I'm never clicking on any link you post again. Ever. Don't care what it is.

C'mon please, just this once. It would make my day.

Guest Gravity

Best to always have your volume low when clicking on a live vid, ya never know how loud it's going to be. Shit gets crazy on the youtubes.

Best to always have your volume low when clicking on a live vid, ya never know how loud it's going to be. Shit gets crazy on the youtubes.

There should be a volume limiter. That's the loudest I've ever heard something on youtube.

It's just a clipping video, it's your fault that you have your speakers up so high that that would be an issue. E-; lol at the image of you freaking out back into your chair over this. And then extra lol at the angry keyboard mashing you would have been doing to hammer the indignancy into your post. hehe . ;-]

Most of the music I've been listening to the past 5~10 years, has been interwebnet peoplez musics. Because there is a lot of unpolished goodness there and also total gems. "Proper releases" tend to be pinnacles of bandwagon achievement, or in the worst+best case, bandwagon creation.

And that's what is going to happen upon the next Aphex Twin release. One album/EP that is super good-- thousands of bandwagon jumpahz making horrible copies. It could very well be the biggest sigh fest since the peak of breakcore.

I hope at least the release is exceedingly advanced, so all the copycats can get some skill honing and learn something new. If it's just another acid release, I think I will have to stop listening to soundcloud et al for at least 2 years.

And that's what is going to happen upon the next Aphex Twin release. One album/EP that is super good-- thousands of bandwagon jumpahz making horrible copies. It could very well be the biggest sigh fest since the peak of breakcore.

Since the peak of breakcore? Examples plz I'm curious.

It's just a clipping video, it's your fault that you have your speakers up so high that that would be an issue. E-; lol at the image of you freaking out back into your chair over this. And then extra lol at the angry keyboard mashing you would have been doing to hammer the indignancy into your post. hehe . ;-]

I heard the audio for about half a second then paused the video then facepalmed.

It's not my fault because I didn't post a clipping video :) Also, the entire video is loud. Usually it's just a random scream in the live videos.

You know I'm thinking about starting a new trend. Take beloved songs, turn them up as loud as they can go, and post them to youtube. That'll make lots of people happy, or perhaps in the comments they'll admit it was their fault because it was 'just' a clipping video :emotawesomepm9: Then I'll get lots of likes, lots of subscribers, and ad revenue. THEN I'M RICHard

Don't worry man, it's happened to me before, and i've what the fucking fucked about it too. heh. I just felt like being a smart arse whilst deflecting your ire against chalybs.

Against chalybs? No. Some guy on the internet thought uploading that video was a good idea. That it had a reason to be up on youtube. That somehow it translated the music being played well enough to warrant uploading. I'm not irritated anymore. It blows my mind clean off.

but but, aphex throws something into the crowd. it's amazon. the health and safety implications alone of the flying object falling into an inattentive and inebriated crowd. pheh. Of course he could have just used the video and edited elevator music over the top. the girl from ipanema finds a new home.

Since the peak of breakcore? Examples plz I'm curious.

You want examples of the shit music that came from the breakcore bandwagon? Unless you were theeere myaaaan, anything I write is about as helpful as Fred Durst discussing the Vietnam war. (Or did you want good tracks from the peak of breakcore? Uh- 2004~7 Planet Mu? And I consider around 2006 the peak, because it was when it gained pop scene coverage and coincided with more public knowledge of advanced turntablism and realtime sampling triggering performances; turned into major tangent in more pop scenes as "mashup". This era was also the maturing of "modern breakcore", and everything since is basically from that time.)

I'm sure examples still exist. But at the same time, you remember the most recent acid bandwagon from about 5 years ago? If you do, well-- good. But you might also notice that those tracks have either been deleted from the many producers online, or you have to search a shitload of unheard musics.

The point I was making with "breakcore" bandwagon cringeworthiness (and this goes for drill n bass popularity), is that it became apparent just how many people didn't realize that rhythmic flow was part of the "chaos". It was sad to know how many people thought Venetian Snares et al was just random noises. The same kind of people who think Aphex Twin is "weird music, whoa so weird dude, but I like it cuz it's quirky and out there oh, it's so weeeeird dude, but it suits me cuz I'm so weird and random LOL."

but but, aphex throws something into the crowd. it's amazon. the health and safety implications alone of the flying object falling into an inattentive and inebriated crowd. pheh. Of course he could have just used the video and edited elevator music over the top. the girl from ipanema finds a new home.

A bit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w0iN_xG0U

Guest skibby

What if it's rubbish?

*reads rules*

what rule on the forum needs to be read that common sense doesnt cover?

what if this new shit will be so profound that it changes a line or two of the watmm forum rules?

that would be actual revolution for music, to affect the rules of internet forums with music.

ugh now you're just talking nonsense! Aphlax Twat can't throw amazon into something because amazon.com is a website! wtf.

You want examples of the shit music that came from the breakcore bandwagon? Unless you were theeere myaaaan, anything I write is about as helpful as Fred Durst discussing the Vietnam war. (Or did you want good tracks from the peak of breakcore? Uh- 2004~7 Planet Mu? And I consider around 2006 the peak, because it was when it gained pop scene coverage and coincided with more public knowledge of advanced turntablism and realtime sampling triggering performances; turned into major tangent in more pop scenes as "mashup". This era was also the maturing of "modern breakcore", and everything since is basically from that time.)

I'm sure examples still exist. But at the same time, you remember the most recent acid bandwagon from about 5 years ago? If you do, well-- good. But you might also notice that those tracks have either been deleted from the many producers online, or you have to search a shitload of unheard musics.

The point I was making with "breakcore" bandwagon cringeworthiness (and this goes for drill n bass popularity), is that it became apparent just how many people didn't realize that rhythmic flow was part of the "chaos". It was sad to know how many people thought Venetian Snares et al was just random noises. The same kind of people who think Aphex Twin is "weird music, whoa so weird dude, but I like it cuz it's quirky and out there oh, it's so weeeeird dude, but it suits me cuz I'm so weird and random LOL."

I want to hear good and bad breakcore from the mid 2000s, please. Also, I don't know anyone who would like something for a reason like that. Do these people actually exist, or are they like the lowest denominator people can think up? :P

I've met a guy who was crazy into trap a few years back. I talked to him and told him what I was listening to at the time and he said it was all old news, and that the new stuff was trap, and that he used to like what I liked, but then trap came along and was just crazy revolutionary for him. I have no clue what was going through his mind for him to just abandon everything he had heard before for a specific type of music. It was weird. He was a DJ and kept linking me to various trap tracks and mixes. Was strange. Very strange. Now that I think about it the weirdest experience I've had when talking about musical tastes.

Archived