IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

Nah it can't be the Twin. He mentioned having some difficulty finding the right place to master it didn't he? That was only a few weeks ago, and it must now live up to his 'anal' standards! Flying Lotus mentioned that the record was finished a few months before the final pressing came in the mail.

That said I have no idea about the process and how long it should take. Anyone care to enlighten?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

He mentioned having some difficulty finding the right place to master it didn't he? That was only a few weeks ago, ..

Did he? I missed this ??

You know, Joyrex never posted those email conversation bits on this thread, where most people probably found out about 'new shit is imminent' did he?

Just in case:

Joyrex, on 01 Jul 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Another interesting tidbit from our conversation:

Richard: gunna release a lot of my old back catalogue in the nr future on Warp.

Me: So you're planning on releasing some of your back catalogue on WARP? I recall the last time we spoke (when I made you aware of that cassette that was taped off one of your DATs got circulated around), you were saying something similar - are there any concrete plans in the works?

Richard: -yeah but theses just so much of it, and the effort of getting the right master, best transfer, mastering etc, its even harder than it used to be coz im more anal -now, +id always just rather make new stuff which im always doin, used to just chuck stuff out and make mistakes etc..i keep finding better copies of loads of -released stuff etc. woops..

-saying that time seems right now as ive been listening to me old stuff loads recently and its fun trying out different playlists of all this stuff+not listened to -some of it -in years which is nice for being bit more objective,
-new shit is imminent :)

Guest sonnyskare

You know, Joyrex never posted those email conversation bits on this thread, where most people probably found out about 'new shit is imminent' did he?

Just in case:

Me: So you're planning on releasing some of your back catalogue on WARP? I recall the last time we spoke (when I made you aware of that cassette that was taped off one of your DATs got circulated around), you were saying something similar - are there any concrete plans in the works?

Richard: -yeah but theses just so much of it, and the effort of getting the right master, best transfer, mastering etc, its even harder than it used to be coz im more anal -now, +id always just rather make new stuff which im always doin, used to just chuck stuff out and make mistakes etc..i keep finding better copies of loads of -released stuff etc. woops..

-saying that time seems right now as ive been listening to me old stuff loads recently and its fun trying out different playlists of all this stuff+not listened to -some of it -in years which is nice for being bit more objective,

Damn that's some concrete evidence that new shit is coming. Maybe joyrex shouldn't have shared this, so it would have been a surprise....

Just stick all of your old shit in a vault for the time being and focus on new shit ONLY

afx pls

I'm surprised that not everyone has seen it! It's in another thread on here, but it's a random thread for it to be in. Heh. Here's the other thing he posted:

Here's a bit (for context):

Me: I appreciate you agreeing to release the Caustic Window LP via the Kickstarter, etc. The fans (and myself) are very appreciative - gotta say though, why didn't you release this? There are some fucking fantastic tracks on it, my personal favourites are Mumbly and Squidge in the Fridge - overall though it's a great release - is there some reason (mundane or not) why this got shelved? Always interested in those kind of tidbits!

Richard: The caustic window stuff was all very amazing, I was touched by all the fan appreciation, well done for the idea, it was really top.
-thanks, you should have just said yeah,..its quite good, i bet you were just itching to :)))

- I think i wanted to swap 1or2 of the tracks for better ones shortly after making the test press and just never got around to it or had moved onto other things.

Me: Of course the big question on everybody's mind (including mine) is when your next release is coming out - it's been ages, and while the Caustic Window LP was a nice trip into the past, a full-fledge Aphex Twin or AFX release of your current material would be amazing! I know you probably call them by other names, but my personal two favourite tracks of yours I'd love to hear in full quality are the "Metz" track and the "Manchester" track - a quick Google/YouTube search will turn up live recordings of these you've played in the past.

Richard: -new shit is imminent :)

Joyrex: I know you probably call them by other names, but my personal two favourite tracks of yours I'd love to hear in full quality are the "Metz" track and the "Manchester" track - a quick Google/YouTube search will turn up live recordings of these you've played in the past.

Richard: -new shit is imminent :)

Joyrex = gentleman and a scholar

Richard: you should have just said yeah,..its quite good, i bet you were just itching to :)))

Haha, nice.

omg, richard lurks here!

*puts on cologne, puts on best dress shirt*

Richard: you should have just said yeah,..its quite good, i bet you were just itching to :)))

Haha, nice.

omg, richard lurks here!

It's possible that he just remembers that comment (and the miscommunication behind it) all these years later...

Haha, nice.

omg, richard lurks here!

It's possible that he just remembers that comment (and the miscommunication behind it) all these years later...

naw

Archived