IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Hi, hope u (you) r (are) well

someone just informed us via watmm, was planning to release a load of afx old unrel (unreleased) trx (tracks), – don’t do that! they will come out with a load more on a box-set or something at some point, best quality. If they r (are) bootlegged prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best regards

Grant & Richard”

:trollface:

So do all threads die vulgarly like this?

Not all threads, just those with the taint of richard about them. ;-p You should have seen the BoC mania thread last year, it was like hanging out in bible class or something.

Also, it's just mainly this thread, the speculation and the photo threads bopped along nicely for years without much profanity, was mostly digression and such to pass the time, perhaps they were vulgar to begin with, i cannot remember, but over time people calmed down and settled into a routine, this will happen to this thread as it's left to the diehards, because unlike the BoC and the AAMA threads there's no actual content to anchor this thread on. I mean the word that dude, heeh. seriouslahr

pls afx etc.

god, now i'm going to be tarred as impatient and needy. hah, i'm prepared to wait till the official announceementez, don't take what i say as having a direct relationship with what i think, it's more a linguistically explorative exercise in procrastination.

He stated that he's constantly working on new stuff, so him doing remakes doesn't make sense. He's just finding better versions of some of the old stuff. Which is kinda weird. Does he really have better versions of stuff he released on WARP 13 years ago, or like... the analord or Tuss stuff.

you people asking for remakes of old stuff or new stuff that sounds like old stuff need to go jump in a fire.

what are you going to do if you get some of this phylum? Manchester is old stuff sounding to me, and there's nowt wrong with that, be like complaining because you had a decent meal yet again, oh no it wasn't sous vide hedgehog testicles in jellyfish and nettle carbonara sauce, i'm so underwhelmed by how wonderful it was.

he had 6 finished albums years ago so maybe he has more than 10 now

Yeah, I've stolen his laptop. He has all of the tracks in these folders labelled 'Richard D. James Album 2-11'. Also, Metz is phenomenal.

Guest skibby

Joyrex, would you be willing to consider setting up kickstarters (for production costs pr or whatever) and letting them run until the album is announced? Maybe it could be called "you know what this is for" or something?

it's pretty hard to decide when you have to choose 1 album out of 10 or more and all of them sound like afx,
If I was him I would just drop a more hardcore and experimental release at first, with the first one he can sell whatever and tell a story

Not all threads, just those with the taint of richard about them. ;-p You should have seen the BoC mania thread last year, it was like hanging out in bible class or something.

Also, it's just mainly this thread, the speculation and the photo threads bopped along nicely for years without much profanity, was mostly digression and such to pass the time, perhaps they were vulgar to begin with, i cannot remember, but over time people calmed down and settled into a routine, this will happen to this thread as it's left to the diehards, because unlike the BoC and the AAMA threads there's no actual content to anchor this thread on. I mean the word that dude, heeh. seriouslahr

pls afx etc.

god, now i'm going to be tarred as impatient and needy. hah, i'm prepared to wait till the official announceementez, don't take what i say as having a direct relationship with what i think, it's more a linguistically explorative exercise in procrastination.

Yeah. All of the potential speculation at this point are just the few tracks he's played live the past few years. That's it really. Besides that just general excitement that was destined to go nowhere. Heh. He's just starting to put playlists together, so even if he rushed it, and there's no reason to do that, he's probably well away from releasing anything still. If it's going to be on warp, I imagine they'll want a video to come out along with it before the album hits anything, so yeah. Still many things to do, even when he probably doesn't have any finalized playlists yet.

you people asking for remakes of old stuff or new stuff that sounds like old stuff need to go jump in a fire.

what are you going to do if you get some of this phylum? Manchester is old stuff sounding to me, and there's nowt wrong with that, be like complaining because you had a decent meal yet again, oh no it wasn't sous vide hedgehog testicles in jellyfish and nettle carbonara sauce, i'm so underwhelmed by how wonderful it was.

the same thing i did with CAT023... ignore the fact that i even own it ha. (not that i don't appreciate the lengths this forum went to obtain it!) I've always seen RDJ as an innovative sound designer that can make you feel more uncomfortable and weirded out than anyone else could. i want to see what groundbreaking material he has waiting for us, not something that sounds like ground he has already covered!

none of his music has ever made me uncomfortable, it ranges between really pleased, interested, bored and annoyed. I spose you could call annoyed, uncomfortable heeh. heheh

Why does the font change whenever you quote something? are you doing that for emphasis or separation?

i have no clue. I don't forum much, so I just make a quick reply, press the quote button, and copy+paste. It isn't changed in my format. It's weird

Also, i run the same gamut of emotions when I listen to his stuff xD. Never uncomfortable though. Noise music sometimes does though.

skip it next time, doctors orders. Fucking hell checked youtub and the first video that came up with it was pretty annoying too. This track doesn't annoy me though, bore would be the correct territory.

Archived