IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

I think he should keep rolling with the kickstarter thing and take the most gigantic piss of all time.

For donations £50,000 and above:

all items from previous tiers plus a personal tour of Cornwall in me tank (travel to and from Cornwall not provided).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFX releases - Analogue Bubblebath series... Analords. Smojphace.

Aphex releases - Selected ambient works 1 and 2, ICBYD, RDJ Album, Drukqs.

I see a distinct difference in the stylings of those releases. Yes there are many more releases, I know.

Sorry, I guess I'll have to agree to disagree here. I see no greater variation in style between Aphex Twin and AFX than between SAW1 and Drukqs, or AB1 and Smojphace.
But I don't care what moniker he uses, just as long as there's new shit!

I should have placed particular emphasis on the word Anal (as in analogue) for the AFX releases, but I get what you're driving at for sure.

Also yes! New shit!

So excite.

Guys stop talking in this thread cause I keep checking it for updates, but then it's just you guys talking about nothing.

Guest Phonejack

unless Joyrex states otherwise, I think the best answer is that the alias has nothing to do with the type of music other than a sort of title-sound that might reflect the mood.

add the legal weirdness into the mixture, and it further dillutes any significance, all educated people agree on that wouldn't you agree?

I see a distinct difference in the stylings of those releases. Yes there are many more releases, I know.

What about Hangable Auto Bulb? That one is a lot more like Drukqs and RDJ and its an AFX release.

Also that was an AFX release on Warp. The plot widens slightly.

unless Joyrex states otherwise, I think the best answer is that the alias has nothing to do with the type of music other than a sort of title-sound that might reflect the mood.

add the legal weirdness into the mixture, and it further dillutes any significance, all educated people agree on that wouldn't you agree?

What about Hangable Auto Bulb?

Forgot about HAB!

I realize there will be exceptions to my thinking, but as a generalization I think it's pretty solid.

Also, maybe Hangable Auto Bulb was produced on analog equipment, and that's why he used AFX?

Not sure.

My guess is AFX was usually sloppier / more experimental / meandering and freeform and Aphex Twin denser, more polished and assured.

HAB was his first "jungle" record, maybe he wanted to test the waters safely without ruining his top name if the record had been poorly received.

Guys stop talking in this thread cause I keep checking it for updates, but then it's just you guys talking about nothing.

welcome to the last 5+ years of the AFX subforum :crazy:

My guess is AFX was usually more sloppier / experimental / freeform and Aphex Twin denser, more polished and assured.

HAB was his first "jungle" record, maybe he wanted to test the waters safely without ruining his top name if the record had been poorly received.

There is no jungle on hab, none

There is also no sex in the champagne room

Don't make the drummachine god angry

Guest Phonejack

What about Hangable Auto Bulb?

Forgot about HAB!

I realize there will be exceptions to my thinking, but as a generalization I think it's pretty solid.

Also, maybe Hangable Auto Bulb was produced on analog equipment, and that's why he used AFX?

Not sure.

I was under the impression that HAB was his first major dive into computer experimentation.

Aphlax Twat = IDM/BRAINDUNCE?
AFX= HE CAN;T SPELL SOMETIMES?
The TUSS = WRITTEN w/ A TUSS IN HAND?

I think those are all the aphex genres :D. I do hope he sees this thread. So we will never get another release ever!

You all know that AFX is short for Aphex Twin. Under AFX, Aphex Twin & others monikers (Power-Pill, The Tuss, Bradley Strider, Martin Tressider, Polygon Window, Caustic Window), his music ever sounds acid... pH < 7 = acid. It's the same thing with Richard's music, measure all the titles and see the diversity of degree, one of the musical riches...

Archived