IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

Guest bitroast

i feel more inclined to consider star wars + empire + return + space balls + the great heep = CANON while prequels still kind of fall under deranged old mans fan fiction from a perspective that has lost touch with what made star wars ' star wars ' .

i mean. there's no way that^ is actually what a female memeber of yoda's race is supposed to look like that's just fucking stupid..

shadows of the empire and dark forces/jedi knight/misc. pc games are also canon.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These trilogies will probly go on forever now that Disney is in charge, but I hope one day, decades from now we'll see a movie about the origins of The Force, which according to Clone Wars canon, involves The Ones, and The Celestials, both very metaphysical concepts even for Star Wars. "Overlords" was one of my fav CW episodes. It also marked the debut of Qui Gon Jnn's Force Ghost.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

I 100% hope this doesn't happen. what was actually cool about the force was that there was absolutely no explanation

this maybe has already been mentioned in here, but only 1% of theaters in the united states are actually showing the 70mm reel. If you can find one probably best to see it that way even if its not 3d since the movie wasnt even shot in 3d (its a conversion).

These trilogies will probly go on forever now that Disney is in charge, but I hope one day, decades from now we'll see a movie about the origins of The Force, which according to Clone Wars canon, involves The Ones, and The Celestials, both very metaphysical concepts even for Star Wars. "Overlords" was one of my fav CW episodes. It also marked the debut of Qui Gon Jnn's Force Ghost.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

I 100% hope this doesn't happen. what was actually cool about the force was that there was absolutely no explanation

I really hope they do go that route. There's still a lot of mystery involved, because not much is known about the Celestials/Architects. And what is known is basically just theory/stories, nothing concrete. It would be really difficult to explain the fully detailed origins of the force and I think it would be too much of a task for someone to come up with all the answers. There would be way too much room for failure. So as long as they do keep a good level of mystery to it, I think it would be pretty cool.

As for "The Ones", their story would make a great movie as it wouldn't fully explain the origins of the force, but would help viewers to understand the balance of the force. It's their story that explains how the force becomes unbalanced.

To me, what was actually cool about the force was all the awesome stuff people can do with it, not that it didn't have an explanation. And the limited explanation of the force given in the lore is actually really cool, imo.

A new major spoiler has hit the net concerning possible flashback scenes:

According to a report by Star Wars Underworld, one of the scenes in the movie shows Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyong’o) leading Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Daisy Ridley) down the stairs towards the catacombs of a castle. Maz will tell the events of the original trilogy and the scene will later cut to a flashback during this conversation.

In the flashback scene, Luke returns to his “academy” and will find that everyone there has been killed. The report speculated that this is the work of the mysterious group called the Knights of Ren. The scene in the trailer of a hooded figure putting his arm on R2-D2 is apparently Luke saying “goodbye” to the droid, before going into hiding.

Luke’s lightsaber is said to be picked up by a character called Naka in the next scene in the flashback. Naka will supposedly sell the lightsaber to a trader in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” The lightsaber will eventually be purchased by the leader of a clan.

Rey’s parents belong to this clan and they escape in a battle against the Knights of Ren after being defeated. Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) sees Rey during the battle with the clan.

Kylo is able to get the lightsaber, but it gets stolen by Maz later. Meanwhile, Rey’s parents drop her off on the planet Jakku and don’t come back to see her. This suggests that Rey is not the daughter of Han Solo, as some fans have been speculating.

The report said that the scene of The Knights of Ren in a battle during a rainy night in the trailer is the scene after they defeat the members of the clan. The shadowy group also uses red lightsabers as weapons, just like the Sith.

If true, it will be interesting to see the events of the original trilogy told from an outsider's perspective.

Guest bitroast

pic unrelated to anything other than .. STAR WARS (vaguely related to my recent post in comics thread about reading dark empire)..

1KH6A0E.jpg

Couldn't be arsed going through 45 pages but......

Han being killed off by his offspring in their journey to the dark side has been hinted for ages so the Kylo theory has some gravity to it and Luke is speculated to be a bad guy throughout the film (ties in with the fleeing the murder site theory). After Kylos big invasion with the first order, which sets the scene and fits in the new characters, the search for Skywalker begins by both sides however the last Jedi has in fact gone into isolation on 'that island' only to guard the secret tomb of a certain Darth Plagueis the wise (cue the JJ Abrams twist and cliffhanger for EP8)!

Also the Falcon has apparently been taken from Han during a raid on a rebel convoy shortly after Ep6 and obviously gets found again "Chewie, we're home".

Plagueis is the most badass Sith ever who could stop death and trained Sidious who killed him in his sleep the night of his election as the Munn wanted to research deeper into the dark side rather than follow the megalomaniacal ambition of the Empire. Sidious then entombed the body as he couldn't risk him coming back for revenge in any form.

Plagueis could just be a powerful ghost like figure but there are theories Snoke (played by Serkis and is the voice on the trailer) could also be Darth Plegueis or Snoke is just using Kylo to unlock the tomb for his own gain or that this could all be complete bullshit!

Yeah, I can't say that it was worth my time, though. I was only half paying attention to it, and that was easily twice what it merited.

is anybody planning on seeing this on an actual 70mm film reel? I just got my tickets for San Jose, CA showing

http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/extra-details-about-the-force-awakens-70mm-imax-3d-release/

apparently it was only actually shot on 70mm for one scene though, i guess kinda like Dark Knight rises

Archived