IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That little robot fella sounds enough like a mogwai. This is not a good thing.

Oh, FFS - you're really complaining about what a robot sounds like? If he sounded like R2, you'd be complaining there was no innovation, etc.

Personally, I think he sounds fine - please realize he's there for the younger kids, just like R2 was.

The cross guard lightsaber still looks goofy to me, plus nothing is subtle.

I like how rough and unrefined it looks, like Kylo barely managed to put it together and get it working, but not as smooth and elegant as an actual Jedi-designed lightsaber...

yeah the Japanese trailer was alarming as shit, the r2d2/wall-e voice of the new droid is sounding pretty 'off'

Kylo Ren's voice sounds awkward as fuck too

His voice does bother me - hopefully that was only in context of a voiceover for the trailers, and not what he sounds like during the movie. Again, until actual scenes from the movie come out, we can only speculate.

Oh, FFS - you're really complaining about what a robot sounds like? If he sounded like R2, you'd be complaining there was no innovation, etc.

Would I? That's good to know.

hehe ... /waits for youtub rip of film with r2 noises overdubbed over new blot (on the landscape). /dleetr actually didn't notice any noises in the trailers, was only half arsedly watching them cause he stands by his earlier comment to not give a fuck until the film proves itself worthy of fucks.

TV Trailer from yesterday with new footage:

Hypothesizing spoilers

So, I'm assuming Rey is Han & Leia's daughter from the juxtaposition between the "I know your eyes comment" in the trailer.

Also looks like she is piloting the Falcon too. Han gonna bite it as some rumors have stated? (also going back to the footage of her crying over somebody, somebody which looked to have Han's jacket.) Not sure how I feel about that if true.

Anyone got the skinny?

I just read your spoilers. With the toy and soundtrack spoilers I am sure the whole plot is complete now

That would rather suck.

We can relax. JJ says Disney hasn't shown any secrets. whew...

Abrams says Disney has been just as protective as him when it comes to preserving “Episode VII’s” secrets, which came as something of a surprise to him: “When it came to marketing, I was expecting Disney to want to put out an overabundance of material. But they’ve been incredibly reluctant to do that. They want this thing to be an experience for people when they go to see the film. And I’m grateful for that … But I don’t want to destroy too many illusions. We’re walking a tightrope. If you fall on one side it’s no good, because we’re showing too much. If you fall on the other side it’s no good, because we’re not showing anything and we look like arrogant jerks.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers-jj-abrams-episode-7-1201637218/

?

oh the creature, not the post-rock band

So I finally got around to seeing the redlettermedia prequel reviews and I must say it got me even more pumped for episode VII

they are works of art those reviews, they have never gotten so good since, think he diversified too much, it was the obsessive attention to detail that made the reviews such rewarding viewing.

Kathleen Kennedy giving more hints Rey & Kylo Ren are twins, the absolute lamest setup they could conjure.

Methinks we'll see a very tearful lightsaber dual circa Episide IX. "But mom and Dad loved you!"

"They are not my parents, Vader was!"

This shit writes itself.

A new game disc for The Force Awakens Infinity set shows a "Resistance Tactical Strike" with an awfully large looking red beam weapon. So might we see some planet killing on planet killing action in the finale? Two planet sized space weapons facing off would be cool, but how do you top that? Or is this a setup for a later climax?

A new game disc for The Force Awakens Infinity set shows a "Resistance Tactical Strike" with an awfully large looking red beam weapon. So might we see some planet killing on planet killing action in the finale? Two planet sized space weapons facing off would be cool, but how do you top that? Or is this a setup for a later climax?

i thought red letter media did a pretty good job of speculating. On the ice planet shot you can clearly see a Death Star like trench (at first I thought it was a giant wall) during the xwing battle and you also see the forrest of the same ice planet burning, which implies that the rumor that it's a new death star disguised as an ice planet is true, and that it somehow cracks open revealing the weapon. apparently the new weapon can destroy entire star systems not just planets. If any of the speculation 'beat for beat' rhyming stuff Red Letter speculated is true, we're kind of in trouble tbh and I really hope JJ watched that ( as he watched the Phantom Menance review, hell thats how I heard of it when he tweeted it out). They basically speculate convincingly that The Force Awakens will be a studio safe beat for beat recreation of the story themes and events from New Hope. Actually makes a lot of sense for Disney not to allow something more weird and JJ/red herring to come out of the Episode VII

Yeah it sounds like Starkiller literally kills the sun for a solar system, going nova and killing entire said system. Now, the Resistance could be trying to take control of it for their own targets, we'll see how the action ratchets up as the trilogy progresses. Nice shot of the Falcon on Srarkiller:

FC0F5B54-CBDE-44ED-8918-E25470636F74_zps

Yeah it sounds like Starkiller literally kills the sun for a solar system, going nova and killing entire said system. Now, the Resistance could be trying to take control of it for their own targets, we'll see how the action ratchets up as the trilogy progresses. Nice shot of the Falcon on Srarkiller:

FC0F5B54-CBDE-44ED-8918-E25470636F74_zps

That's fucking beautiful - see, George would have never just sat the Falcon in snow and trees like that - he would have CGI'd the shit out of those trees, and put little crows with Jar Jar's head on every branch, etc.

it's beautiful right until the point that the actors start striding out of that ship. By that point in the film you will be like, "argh, not these clocks again". (and it's probably in the first five minutes as a set up but through myriad trailers you have come to unlike these people.)

I was never huge into Star Wars vast Expanded Universe, read some of the novel adaptation via comic book mostly, but I was familiar with many of it's major characters...all of whom no longer "exist" anymore officially. It just dawned on me that Disney officially wiped the slate clean back in 2012 when it comes to canon.

Episode VII is exactly 1 month away now! And we have Fallout 4 to pass the time. If you listen closely you can hear the mass nerdgasms happening worldwide. I can hear them really loud and clear... probably because I'm contributing though.

Archived