IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest setanor

Just heard this. It's ok.

actually the same exact words used by someone else pretty trustworthy that said they had heard it

Except for Analord and The Tuss, when you think about it, Aphex's music was ALL released within a decade or so. Such a short time and look at the long term impact it had... This time around, everything must be thought through. 5 or 6 new albums in the next decade, a couple of concerts here and there. Should be enough for him to secure enough money for the rest of his life. Remember?

"If a fan got it [mp3 player with 282 unreleased Aphex tracks], I would have got nothing against it. It's a nice present for somebody I reckon. I would like that, as long as they don't put it into the net and ruin my salary for the next decade."

Source: http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/10033212818976.shtml

Edited by MassfreeKid

my favourite idea - that seems to have sadly run out the steam - was that SYRO was an anagram for aphex saying "SORY" for the wait

^lol

LOL

all of the leak collections I've heard have been laughably shit. I'll admit that oddly, the hype wagon hasn't been as slick as say boc's... an odd move. I'm guessing that yes, there'll be two or more records... Personally I think the metz minipops connection might be spot on.

and now we wait. also, first post. hello wattm :)

Here's my track by track review

1. minipops 67 (source field mix) - ok
2. XMAS_EVET10 (thanaton3 mix) - ok
3. produk 29 - ok
4. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 - ok
5. 180db - wtf oww? ok?
6. CIRCLONT6A (syrobonkus mix) - Weird. ok.
7. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 - slightly less than ok. The manchester track.
8. CIRCLONT14 (shrymoming mix) - OMFG THE METZ TRACK! MY BODILY FUNCTIONS HAVE STOPPED. ALL OF MY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN LIFTED FROM MY BEING! I AM SLIPPING UPWARD INTO A CONSCIENCENESS UNKNOWN TO ANY MAN! It's ok. Maybe even quite okay...nah it's the worst on the album. The live version is much better, the one with the ear piercing screaming.

9. syro u473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix) - Tipper rip off. Ok.
10. PAPAT4 (pineal mix) - ok
11. s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix) - ok?
12. aisatsana - It's Metz played backwards. Shpongle rip off. ok.

Pitchfork will give it a 'why do all musicians who play this kind of music have short hair' out of 10 and WATMM will give it a 'time to get rid of the Aphex Twin subforum and replace it with a The Flashbulb subforum' out of 10.

The numbers weren't BPM's either. They were your intended heart rate while listening to the Album by track. I'd say it was pretty accurate.

Edited by Brisbot

Damn. Im stoked. My old account from before 2012, became inactive...

I just had to register again and read about this new album. Its awesome news!

Wonder when it will be available to order...

Cant see nothing on warp yet.

Edited by temp1

Ivan, what if you forget how to read though? Why don't these 'moduratours' think these things through!

lol if you forgot how to read it'd be useless being on a text centered forum lol

unless you're here to wank to the "post your most recent picture" thread !

lol if you forgot how to read it'd be useless being on a text centered forum lol

unless you're here to wank to the "post your most recent picture" thread !

Oh no no, I just wank to Ivan's picture! And sometimes late 1800 oil paintings. mmm.

Edited by Brisbot

I am looking forward to this. I have moved all the furniture out of my living room, apart from an Asus ultrabook (white and silver, of course), a brand new corduroy bean bag, and my bi-wired B&W Nautilus floorstanders, Marantz Ken Ishiwata cd player, and Musical Fidelity X−A1 amp. I managed to find a Japanese girl to come round for the listening session, as long as she wears her Hysteric Glamour baseball jacket and sucks a lollypop like in a Trevor Brown picture.

Just need to wait for the cd to turn up in Fopp or Record Collector.