IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

so now that the super posh ltd version of SYRO has gone out.

has anyone had a snfff at what that perspex etched bonus track is? will anyone ever be able to hear it. the only way i can think to play it would be with one of those vx camper van record players

Those things are bad enough for damaging regular vinyl, it would probably shred the bonus track thing to pieces...

has anyone had a snfff at what that perspex etched bonus track is? will anyone ever be able to hear it. the only way i can think to play it would be with one of those vx camper van record players

Those things are bad enough for damaging regular vinyl, it would probably shred the bonus track thing to pieces...

totally. the sound quality is shit too. hopefully it will come out in some format eventually though

I was shuffling through my tracks and Drukqs came just after Syro.

I mean, I can't compare. Drukqs touches me in a very different, much deeper way than Syro.

Is something similar to hearing Geogaddi, MHTRTC or The Old Tunes right after Tomorrow's Harvest.

Not saying that Syro is "less" or "worse than" Richards earlier work, just different.

IMO most aphex releases are like a blowjob from your lover, but in comparison syro is a blowjob from this really hot chick that means nothing to you but still does it good.

Guest BunnyRabbit

totally. the sound quality is shit too. hopefully it will come out in some format eventually though

Yeah, there has to be a better way. People have scanned records and then converted the image into a playable waveform. Something like that is doable.

I mean, I can't compare. Drukqs touches me in a very different, much deeper way than Syro.

Is something similar to hearing Geogaddi, MHTRTC or The Old Tunes right after Tomorrow's Harvest.

Not saying that Syro is "less" or "worse than" Richards earlier work, just different.

IMO most aphex releases are like a blowjob from your lover, but in comparison syro is a blowjob from this really hot chick that means nothing to you but still does it good.
lol, that's a good way to put it

Maybe it's because she didn't give you a blowjob for 13 years, you forgot who she was and didn't see how she evolved.

Impossible for me to analyze this record, all I know is it's playing almost non stop at home.

Maybe it's because she didn't give you a blowjob for 13 years, you forgot who she was and didn't see how she evolved.

Impossible for me to analyze this record, all I know is it's playing almost non stop at home.

That's pretty much how I feel. I know I really enjoy it now. Where will this fall 5 years from now? I'm not sure.. but I'm preeeetty sure XMAS EVE will be one of those classics (in the Flim, Alberto Balsalm kind of way.)

it is pure aphex. with that magic aphex dust. in true fashion, a change from everything before. what a talent.
i think if we hadnt heard at least 4 of the tracks on the album for years now it would be a huge release for fans. with non of this remember drukqs guys? wah!
glad i got the Japanese release too.

Edited by marf

I think if I hadn't heard the live recordings this album would have made a bigger splash. I remember listen to xmas on loop and feeling a deep emotional response to it. I guess overall I was let down, partially due to my (perhaps unreasonable) expectations. The whole 13 years thing really got my hopes really high. Although not my favorite RDJ release, it's pretty damn good.

Joyrex, you saucy such and such, give us some aphex news, pls.

it is pure aphex. with that magic aphex dust. in true fashion, a change from everything before. what a talent.

i think if we hadnt heard at least 4 of the tracks on the album for years now it would be a huge release for fans. with non of this remember drukqs guys? wah!

glad i got the Japanese release too.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the 4 known tracks. I wish that was somehow my first time hearing them. Even listening to minipops officially before the album sort of disrupted it for my obsessed self. I look forward to hearing this in a few years where alllll of that has passed and its just another aphex album in the collection.

Joyrex... Maybe you could post the news with a disclaimer in front. Something like "THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN, IN FACT WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY IS A COMPLETE FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION buuuuut wouldn't it be neat if... (covertly insert huge news here).

This is my first Aphex Twin release, felt the need to go all out and purchase the different formats. I received my Japanese copies today, might try and keep that CD sealed ha. God I wish I was around for the Druqks LP!

This is my first Aphex Twin release, felt the need to go all out and purchase the different formats. I received my Japanese copies today, might try and keep that CD sealed ha. God I wish I was around for the Druqks LP!

Believe it or not, when Drukqs came out a lot of ppl felt pretty deflated. I remember loving the fast stuff, reallly not liking the slow stuff. (I was young and now eat my words ;) It wasn't treated like it is today, even by huge fans.

I'm waiting for a drukqs repress (Warp pretty plz with sugar on top?). I was a fan when drukqs came out, but didn't collect vinyls back then.

Edited by Mcdergbit

I can't believe people are hating on 180db and PAPAT. For me, the first few tracks have a very relaxed vibe (which I love) but then when the kick drum comes fading in for 180db it's like "oh shit, here we go." And that detuned polysynth is like techno for a sports stadium in your nightmares.

And PAPAT? Man every snare hit is like a dream realized. I have to confess, I've been a bit tired of the Amen break the past few years. Just felt like people have done everything that could possibly done with it. But of course Richard injected new life into it like only he can.

There's not a track on this album that I don't like. I still think it might be his best.

Edited by LOL Alzado