IGNORED

Aphex Twin: New Album 'Syro'

Joyrex

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So afaik this hasn't been posted yet, but someone at FACT posted this about the artwork:

Update: As pointed out by Thomas Houthave in the comments, the numbers in the cost rundown are possibly a nod to the way streaming services like Spotify are collected on digital sales reports (or, indeed, simply copied from Aphex’s royalties).

Pretty interesting (or was this blatantly obvious? I didn't have a clue anyway) combined with his TOR link, makes a lot of sense (isn't the Spotify logo chartreuse as well? :emotawesomepm9: )

the warp website mentions it as known as the manchester track.

also, where can i preorder the japanese CD but know i'm doing it correctly because theres english text on the page?

yeah warp mentions it on their website

the warp website mentions it as known as the manchester track.

also, where can i preorder the japanese CD but know i'm doing it correctly because theres english text on the page?

also this

So afaik this hasn't been posted yet, but someone at FACT posted this about the artwork:

Update: As pointed out by Thomas Houthave in the comments, the numbers in the cost rundown are possibly a nod to the way streaming services like Spotify are collected on digital sales reports (or, indeed, simply copied from Aphexs royalties).

Pretty interesting (or was this blatantly obvious? I didn't have a clue anyway) combined with his TOR link, makes a lot of sense (isn't the Spotify logo chartreuse as well? :emotawesomepm9: )

I don't really get him, what does Spotify have to do with sending out promos and organizing listening parties for instance, or am I taking the comparison too literally?

Also, how does "Digitisation from tape archive copy of The Making of Windowlicker" relate to the new album, or is that just something he always wanted to do, lol.

.tor = nod to piracy

listing royalties, expenses = record label cutting into his share of his art

Don't pirate music. Fuck record labels. Independent musicians forever.

just my thoughts.

.tor = nod to piracy

listing royalties, expenses = record label cutting into his share of his art

Don't pirate music. Fuck record labels. Independent musicians forever.

just my thoughts.

Kind of in line with what he's doing with Rephlex these days... yeah.

Update: As pointed out by Thomas Houthave in the comments, the numbers in the cost rundown are possibly a nod to the way streaming services like Spotify are collected on digital sales reports (or, indeed, simply copied from Aphexs royalties).

I don't really get him, what does Spotify have to do with sending out promos and organizing listening parties for instance, or am I taking the comparison too literally?

Also, how does "Digitisation from tape archive copy of The Making of Windowlicker" relate to the new album, or is that just something he always wanted to do, lol.

Amount/effort spent on promoting / pressing / making a track/video/album ≠ cash that artists receive from Spotify, at all. Good way of mocking that through this I thought.

Making of Windowlicker ties in with imagining how much effort/people/cash was needed for that video and how little he gained from it since the streaming services? Something like that? Thinking out loud here.

Archived