IGNORED

Aphex Twin: New Album 'Syro'

Joyrex

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleep

fuck what an idiot sorry :P

No worries, dude. This shit is all moving so rapidly now; it's hard to keep up.

Guest chunks

i get the impression that this alum will sound very tuss-like

is that a bad thing?

Tuss sounds fresh to my ears. Hell, I'm sinking a beer to RDJ album and marvelling at it being 18 years young - still engages and surprises.

is that a bad thing?

Well, I get the same impression. If it does include all these "previously unreleased/live only" tracks indeed I don't know how possible it is it changes direction along the way. Not the biggest Tuss fan here (excluding Rushup Edge's last 3 tracks which I genuinely like) so I hope this is not the case even though I guess I am the minority in this one.

If Syro doesn't bring something completely fresh/original in the table which frankly doesn't necessarily have to (who does that anyway these days?) I'd much rather have it dive into Drukqs or 1995-2001 territory. Or if it has to be acid, I'd like my acid punishing ala "Humanoid must not escape"/"2 remixes by AFX". But that's just me. Nevertheless, Tuss-like or not it's RDJ we're talking about and I couldn't be more excited for his return, bring it on! :beer:

Woohoo, also just ordered the Japanese CD from Amazon.jp thanks to jasondonervan :beer:

Let's see which arrives first, Blerp UK package or the Japan one :)

Same here : LP from Bleep, CD from Amazon.co.jp... €69 for the whole, ouch. But eh, it's Alexx Taco !

is that a bad thing?

a bit would be great but not 100%

i personally wish some ballads like Alberto Balsalm, a couple of melodic ambient stuff, a hit style like windowlicker, a birthday track and one or two advanced rhythm to squizz my brain a bit

is that a bad thing?

Well, I get the same impression. If it does include all these "previously unreleased/live only" tracks indeed I don't know how possible it is it changes direction along the way. Not the biggest Tuss fan here (excluding Rushup Edge's last 3 tracks which I genuinely like) so I hope this is not the case even though I guess I am the minority in this one.

If Syro doesn't bring something completely fresh/original in the table which frankly doesn't necessarily have to (who does that anyway these days?) I'd much rather have it dive into Drukqs or 1995-2001 territory. Or if it has to be acid, I'd like my acid punishing ala "Humanoid must not escape"/"2 remixes by AFX". But that's just me. Nevertheless, Tuss-like or not it's RDJ we're talking about and I couldn't be more excited for his return, bring it on! :beer:

Euh, last time I checked, impressions were based on real world experiences. There aren't any snippets or clips that have been available, right? I could understand one could have certain expectations, but impressions? Impressions can't come out of your own thinking mind without any real world stimulae.

You're meaning "expect" instead of "have impression" , right? RIGHT?

:sparta:

is that a bad thing?

Euh, last time I checked, impressions were based on real world experiences. There aren't any snippets or clips that have been available, right? I could understand one could have certain expectations, but impressions? Impressions can't come out of your own thinking mind without any real world stimulae.

You're meaning "expect" instead of "have impression" , right? RIGHT?

:sparta:

I think he's basing it on the Manchester, Metz and Singapore tracks, which are probably all on there. They sound a lot like the tuss.

I can't see him releasing his "major" albums on Rephlex. Warp lets him release anything he wants whenever he wants, does all the boring stuffs (all the countless legal stuffs, PR, distro etc...) pretty well (they have an amazing "force de frappe" for great marketing/promo), and I bet he has a juicy deal with them.

I can't help thinking most of his contract talking in interviews is BS, or a smart way to then negotiate an even better deal with Warp by making it all public... I have no clue, just my $0.02.

I love Rephlex, but releasing his come-back album through it would have been tons and tons of work for such a small label (compared to Warp at least). Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see follow-ups on Rephlex, to make the most of the huge (and deserved) hype around Syro.

About Syro being Tussey : the most recent unreleased RDJ tunes got that same Tuss groove and synth works, with incredible melodies. If Syro is anything like that, I'm super happy.

Archived