IGNORED

Aphex Twin: New Album 'Syro'

Joyrex

Everybody be safe IRL so you don't die before Sept 22.

Exactly, be careful out there people, stay indoors (more than usual) if you have to.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody be safe IRL so you don't die before Sept 22.

Exactly, be careful out there people, stay indoors (more than usual) if you have to.

Be careful kids, you're not even safe inside. Look what's happened to Assange

Sat down in front of the pc with an icecream after dinner on my birthday, saw watmm, freaked, pre-ordered vinyl + cd, getting mad over the price of the ltd. edition, lol'ed over the press release, getting mad over the idea of a ballot for the ltd., lol'ed at the artwork (?)

icecream has now completely melted, as well as my brain :mu-ziq:

Party^2!

edit: so all the ridiculous "hand made screen printed" blabla about the limited edition has me confused, does it contain extra music or just more cardboard stuff?

no extra music. just 180g vinyl (standard version is not 180g), Intaglio tDR print on posh paper, and an acrylic case that is screenprinted.

Pre-ordered normal vinyl, ltd edition can't be bothered with and CDs don't mean much to me anymore. And it comes out two days before my birthday! :w00t:

The album artwork reminds me of V/vm Test releases, which is kind of funny imo.

if there is a good time to make your avatar chartreuse its now

pls help

im incompetent at photoshop

edit: (gifs are a bous)

upload your pic here:

http://www160.lunapic.com/editor/

use the filter "color tint", make a custom colour with 223 red, 255 green, 0 blue.

dont mess with the hue etc.

Guest amnesiac

Can't decide if I should order it on Bleep or wait until a US site puts it up. Shipping is expensive and it might take awhile to get to me. How good does Bleep package vinyl? Average record mailers or superb packaging?

if there is a good time to make your avatar chartreuse its now

pls help

im incompetent at photoshop

edit: (gifs are a bous)

upload your pic here:

http://www160.lunapic.com/editor/

use the filter "color tint", make a custom colour with 223 red, 255 green, 0 blue.

dont mess with the hue etc.

thanks man! :D

Is there going to be a limited cd version? One that isn't $400? Is this coming with a second vinyl called syrobonkus?

Joyrex, what about closing one of the SYRO threads? Or merging them?

Yes, please.

if that is the actual album cover it's the biggest shit i ever seen as a recordcover, congrats phex

Seriously? I'm not saying I love it, but I've seen far worse in both directions - a nasty mess of poor design or way more minimal than this. A few Autechre LPs, for example. This is a fine cover. Doesn't excite me or disappoint me. It's pretty fitting for Aphex I think. Now I will say that most (myself included) probably expected that spliced image to be part of the cover in some way. That would have been cool too.

one buttfucking ugly cover by tdr again

Well I guess if you don't like TDR, that explains it all.

When Drugs came out, I was heavy into Aphex. But I haven't been for a long time. It will be interesting to see how his music has changed.

I'm the same, this will be very interesting. Even though we've heard The Tuss since then, it's been quite some time. I still enjoy his tunes on occasion but I'm not obsessed like I was back then.

Archived