IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Syro Listening

jhonny

Guest cult fiction

The fuck is with no Seattle, Vancouver or Portland?

I thought there was a 'listening party in Seattle' :cry:

I really hoping for a second wave. Bit bizarre for Warp to fly somebody to Seattle, put them up in a hotel, and have nothing come of it. Maybe the potential venue wasn't good enough, although there's loads of good venues they could do it at.

Would have been extra baller to have a listening party coincide with this friday's Bonkers

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Via the Warb websiteit says you just have to turn up with your ticket and give yer name and email address.

Seems dead simple. What's the fucking worst that can happen, eh?

*posts Blerp emoticon via jasondonervan*

:beer:

#TotalFuckingCynic

#DoesntGetIn

#KillsEntirePopulaceOfEastLondon

I think a lot of people are going to get caught out here - it doesn't tell you on the ticket that you have to RSVP, or the email address to send your details to. I was only notified to do this by the guy at my local record shop writing it on the back of the card for me. The link on the card is just a redirect to the application page for the draw.

The PDF I was sent was quite insistent that I bring the card and a separate form of ID (as well as telling me security would kick my bollocks off if I don't hand over my phone to go into a secure locker). I have this bad feeling that some lucky punters who picked up a card from a record shop might think that's all they need, don't register and end up screaming at the door staff from the pavement on the night...

Thanks for the info, Sir.

Brilliant idea to insist you take your passport/driving licence out on the Friday night piss with you. Brilliant. Can't see owt going wrong with that. :wtf:

Guest Crackest

same, I thought about emailing warp but didn't want to seem like a twat. they might have let us know if there was going to be a delay... or they're just being dicks.

Guest jasondonervan

Brilliant idea to insist you take your passport/driving licence out on the Friday night piss with you. Brilliant. Can't see owt going wrong with that. :wtf:

You're welcome.

I know, it sounds like a recipe for disaster! I'm expecting the security to be fairly heavy-handed as well, body frisking to pinch anyone dumb enough to try and slip a recording device in, for example... I don't know how many numbers we're talking for the venue - you know, the one Warp haven't even told us about yet - but I plan on getting there as early as I can...

You're welcome.

I know, it sounds like a recipe for disaster! I'm expecting the security to be fairly heavy-handed as well, body frisking to pinch anyone dumb enough to try and slip a recording device in, for example... I don't know how many numbers we're talking for the venue - you know, the one Warp haven't even told us about yet - but I plan on getting there as early as I can...

i'm expecting fabric depth of search, pulling your trousers up and feeling, making sure nothing is hidden between your balls and anus

You're welcome.

I've just spoken to someone at Rough Trade East - they didn't get any other email address or info with their allocation of tickets, apparently.

Guy at RTE said he has a Warp contact, who he's ringing now...

Guest trananhhung

Anyone got a ticket from the warp lottery? I got mine from sister ray but I'm still waiting for a friend to receive the confirmation from the lotery.

Otherwise, I'll be going alone so it would be cool to go with other people from here. I'll be in staying near the oval space that weekend so I can show up whenever. Who's going? Can we all meet before?

Via the Warb websiteit says you just have to turn up with your ticket and give yer name and email address.

#TotalFuckingCynic

#DoesntGetIn

I think a lot of people are going to get caught out here - it doesn't tell you on the ticket that you have to RSVP, or the email address to send your details to. I was only notified to do this by the guy at my local record shop writing it on the back of the card for me. The link on the card is just a redirect to the application page for the draw.

The PDF I was sent was quite insistent that I bring the card and a separate form of ID (as well as telling me security would kick my bollocks off if I don't hand over my phone to go into a secure locker). I have this bad feeling that some lucky punters who picked up a card from a record shop might think that's all they need, don't register and end up screaming at the door staff from the pavement on the night...

Confirmed. You have to RSVP by email & bring the ticket and ID.

#TotalFuckingCynic

#DoesntGetIn

Confirmed. You have to RSVP by email & bring the ticket and ID.

This is ridiculous.

Nice chap from RTE got back to me after getting word back from someone at Warp. He said you should just be able to turn up with the ticket and get in. No mention of ID.

(Or the venue...he forgot to ask, lol)

Warp closed the RSVP bit on Wednesday he said, which doesn't really make sense...I got my ticket on Tuesday and went to RSVP right away - it was just the ballot thingy, which I entered when it was announced.

Is Richard trolling us by ordering Warp to be inept / mysterious /contrary /delete where applicable?

Guest jasondonervan

I understand they want to attach some secretive alure to the whole thing, but we're steadily approaching 24hours until the event and we've not even been told where it's being held.

If we're not told today, I don't think I can blindly commit to getting over to London on Friday evening, I need to plan stuff out. C'mon, Warp! Throw us a bone here.

as jason said, people need to plan these things, especially if they don't live in london....leaving stuff too late runs the risk of those who are successful on the lottery thing not turning up, leaving loads of unused tickets which others would have killed to get hold of...

Guest jasondonervan

Good point by BCM there. I mean yes, it's a free event so I'll cut Warp some slack, but it's hard enough for local people getting across London and back for a night out, let alone those of us coming from further afield. I need to know what the score is to decide whether I can grab a train into the city (and if I'm even able to catch the last one out), or drive in... which is an absolute last resort.

7:40 in the AM and I still haven't heard anything for the Chicago date.

So, what I'm reading from all of this is. I need to drive to Indianapolis to a record store, get a ticket, then drive another couple hours on Sunday and hope that I get in to the Chicago listening event?

Something definitely doesn't seem right. I don't have that kind of time, nor do I feel like taking that sort of risk.

You have to email Warp to RSVP. They will then put your name on a list. On the night you have to bring your ticket and photo ID.

They confirmed a new time for London of 20:30.

Archived