IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next album: an album made only using an iPad, by iPhex Twin.

Wasn't the last Gorillaz album created entirely on an iPad?

Yes it was. But it kinda sucked imho.

But hey, who knows what RDJ could do with korg apps on an ipad...

Next album: an album made only using an iPad, by iPhex Twin.

Wasn't the last Gorillaz album created entirely on an iPad?

Yes and as StocKo said, it sucks big time hehe. It sounds cheap. They did it a while ago, when there weren't as many music apps as today so indeed, who knows what Aphex would come up with.

P.S. - talking about guessing the new shit, Aphex seems to have quite a few old photos / flyers / gems posted in the Noyzelab interview and now in this file. Could it be related to this?

FACT: photos, cataloging, boxing, shipping.

Regarding all the old photos and flyers it just occurred to me, 2015 is a rather significant anniversary if indeed some of the SAW I tracks date back 30 years to 1985..

P.S. - talking about guessing the new shit, Aphex seems to have quite a few old photos / flyers / gems posted in the Noyzelab interview and now in this file. Could it be related to this?

FACT: photos, cataloging, boxing, shipping.

Regarding all the old photos and flyers it just occurred to me, 2015 is a rather significant anniversary if indeed some of the SAW I tracks date back 30 years to 1985..

Nice one, that didn't even cross my mind once. His comment just now on soundcloud mentions he's at it for 30 years now too. Who knows :)?

@kidcloudkicker: my computer plays the notes i send it also but I thought seeing as ive been doing that for the last 30 years Id try something different. Also with real instruments I don't have to program in the tiny variations to the sound, hence keeping the structure simple, that is why i originally started making very detailed programming as my brain got bored of the same samples being re-triggered over and over again.

Guest progben

Personally I think the best thing would be a huge hardback AFX book with photos and stories and explaining how he made certain tracks and his inspirations for titles/samples etc.

Personally I think the best thing would be a huge hardback AFX book with photos and stories and explaining how he made certain tracks and his inspirations for titles/samples etc.

I used to think this was going to be the New Shit. I love books like that.

30 years since 'I' was recorded (assuming that's the oldest track from SAW)

new shit is a 10 minute long alt version of it

I'd love this so much.

@ thread: SAWIII, a hardware experience.

Something similar may be in the works...

that rephlex book that guy was making? i forgot about that. is that still happening?

may be?

You're working off of rumours just like the rest of us Joyrex?

It's ok we still like you.

Wait, so my suspicion on the previous page wasn't wrong?

post-25584-Thats-a-Bingo-gif-vhCc.gif

:emotawesomepm9:

that rephlex book that guy was making? i forgot about that. is that still happening?

That one has been finished for years afaik, only to be shelved instead of printed. Still hope it will be published one day!

please jesus!

afx diaries on kindle you heard it here first

"The Making of Windowlicker" doesn't have to be the making of the music video...

with this new album i got the friggin musick i sacrificed many virgins for so i don't care about the new shit or the badger anymore

for now.... :doge:

Ha. I sort of feel the same way. Really everything is gravy at this point. All I wanted was new interesting music from the Phex anyway and just got it. Color me satisfied.

Archived