IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

The opening long shot was fantastic!

The Jimmy copying montage was pretty sweet as well. Who knew replacing 2 numbers could look so cool.

The opening long shot was fantastic!

The Jimmy copying montage was pretty sweet as well. Who knew replacing 2 numbers could look so cool.

ha yeah the house customs

I'm pretty sure Hector will get disabled because of Mike.

the old rubberhose spike strip gag to hector's car perhaps...

it certainly looks like a contraption to stop a car, can't think of another use.

thought it's for the truck, as the ep started with the truck and ended with the hose.

is "the old rubberhose spike strip gag" actually a thing?

but yeah there will be some Hector/Mike climax thing

Edited by Guest

it certainly looks like a contraption to stop a car, can't think of another use.

thought it's for the truck, as the ep started with the truck and ended with the hose.

Yea, could also be for the delivery truck as well.

Don't know if it's actually a thing, but if we see a rise in home made spike strip use, we'll know where it came from.

Yea, could also be for the delivery truck as well.

Don't know if it's actually a thing, but if we see a rise in home made spike strip use, we'll know where it came from.

i can imagine something pressurised is going to happen with it, it won't be good for the plants

Had a dream last night that I was in the Better Call Saul universe. I hitched a ride with Jesse from (BB). I was like dude, you're in this show now?!? He was in a shitty red econoline van. They wanted him to look younger so he grew long hair & wore it in a pony tail. They also gave him a touch of acne. I guess those were supposed to make him seem young...

We went off to visit Hector. He was a cool guy. Nice crib.

Edited by olo

^Dave Porter's score was excellent there. Part of me wishes the ambient sound effects had been mixed quieter, so I could focus on the jam.

This is the first time I've really noticed the music in the series because it was so good !

EP9 Nailed - Jimmy & Mike's stories are both brought to the tipping point. Each thinking that their plans were achieved without any fallout, only to get a kick in the nuts. Kinda going back to the "No half measures theme" that was introduced in BB. Thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Some really strong scenes that lead up to what should be an equally strong season finale from the looks of it.

It seemed too convenient that Jimmy showed up to the copy store right as Chuck's lackey was there, in the middle of the night. When will the mid season break be? BB and WD were 8, then 8 more. Unless this is another short season.

It seemed too convenient that Jimmy showed up to the copy store right as Chuck's lackey was there, in the middle of the night. When will the mid season break be? BB and WD were 8, then 8 more. Unless this is another short season.

Yea, a couple things were too convenient, but that's because the finale is next week. Only 10 episodes.

Things moved a tad fast last night, but it kind of has to, to finish the story this season.

GIlligan wanted more episodes, but not enough zombies, so he only got 10.

is chuck dead????? this season have been amazing.

Mike's plan didnt go as plan: the "good samarithan" got killed because of him.

Also jimmy, his plan may have injured or even killed chuck.

I hope Chuck makes it. I enjoy his character (McKean has done some strong work imo). But, it could work either way for the show depending where they want to take it...Dead or alive that is.

so good

holy shit sniper Mike - but DON'T - must've been Guz...?

then in the end the voice recorder made chuck a far more efficient assassin.

amaze

so good

holy shit sniper Mike - but DON'T - must've been Guz...?

then in the end the voice recorder made chuck a far more efficient assassin.

amaze

knew he was recording from from the previous scene in the garage, so thats the end of season 2 :( ?

Edited by pyramidpanes

^ Yes, the end.

Quality episode all around. McKean was awesome throughout the episode. He brought it. The scene when he's on the gurney especially, his terror was palpable. Going back to Mike, it's a testament to the creative team that you still feel tense as hell during his attempted assasination scene. You know he's in no true peril, but when the insects go quiet, I was all "Turn the fuck around Mike". One of Fring's boys no doubt.

They did a talking Saul after the finale, Jonathan Banks is just a badass. It's also amazing how many easter eggs are in this show & how many layers are built into it that I miss. I appreciate their craft. Bow.

Hmmmm. The first season was really excellent but this one was lagging pretty hard. It had about 3 episodes worth of actual content if you compare it to the pace and purpose of season 1.

yeah i did find my attention slipping during several episodes...which i put down in part due to the slow pace, in part due to me just having less interest in TV as time goes on

but at the same time it's very well made, so i kinda appreciate it 50% for BrBa reasons, 50% as ambient television that I can drift in & out of. good example of the latter was the sniper sequence in last night's episode - it went on so long & not much happened, but it was very enjoyable to look at & listen to

Love the slow pace and subtlety of the show. Great season, just wish there was more. Chuck's hospital scene was amazing, as intense as anything on BB.

Love the slow pace and subtlety of the show. Great season, just wish there was more. Chuck's hospital scene was amazing, as intense as anything on BB.

yep, 100% agree. only problem with this season was there wasn't enough episodes.