IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

Thought the Kim/Jimmy fight scene was a little...unbelievable?

Yea, basically done to move the story. It didn't feel right. But, I've never really bought their relationship as a couple. It's been my biggest drawback with the show.

100 emoji. It isn't even a good platonic sell because most friends will have more physical contact just by accident than these 2.

I'm also out altogether on the show. The AMC app and their web streaming site were fucking up on me so I got behind. I got the kinks worked out and began catching up but goooodddddddaaaaaaaammmnnnnnnnnn is this show slow. I abandoned it somewhere after the piñata scene even though everything was working fine.

I might regret it because there's some enjoyable parts for sure and I really liked seasons past. I can't hang on this pacing anymore though.

Follow through - for real. Otherwise it's like infinite edging...

I don't mind they don't have the exposition of the relationship, it's pretty clear they're doing the fucking. Just the argument in the latest episode didn't seem well acted - I think Odenkirk might be reaching the limit of his dramatic chops.

This season seemed like it was padded with substantial filler, to justify a season 5. I mean, last season the two big events were Hector's stroke, and Chuck's suicide, but this season what was the big plot point? Gus was digging his lab out of the ground, and...? Jimmy and Kim just seemed to be in a holding pattern until they finally reveal if she dies or just leaves Jimmy. I'm kinda ready for it to end, but definitely want to see Gene's ultimate fate.

Basically the major plot point was Jimmy becoming Saul Goodman. Kinda a bland season for me minus some really strong scenes here & there.

I assume Gene (Jimmy, Saul) is gonna do what he always has done & follow his nature to take the situation into his own hands, good or bad. Whatever that is...we shall see.

Didn't like the opening sequence of the final episode, and there were some points where I wasn't sure whether it was Jimmy acting poorly (like at the grave) or Odenkirk acting poorly (like when he's talking to the girl who applied for the scholarship, and afterwards in the car), but he did nail the scenes at the hearing. The Jimmy stuff was hit and miss this season generally. I loved all the Mike stuff though, even if the plot of digging a hole doesn't sound that exciting on the face of it, it was still all executed really well.

Edited by caze

This season seemed like it was padded with substantial filler, to justify a season 5. I mean, last season the two big events were Hector's stroke, and Chuck's suicide, but this season what was the big plot point? Gus was digging his lab out of the ground, and...? Jimmy and Kim just seemed to be in a holding pattern until they finally reveal if she dies or just leaves Jimmy. I'm kinda ready for it to end, but definitely want to see Gene's ultimate fate.

This also describes seasons 2and 3. .... ... ... ... something happens... ... ... ... yawn... ... ... ... um... ... ... yeah

yeh dunno it was still good overall but less so than the other seasons. Didn’t really like the „German Engineers“ plot. Was a bit on the nose with Mike being the cool baseball coach basically having to deal with Kindergarten of bad actors having no script other than “act like a German - yeh beer! That’s good yeh, the way u drink beer looks very German, ur nailing it man!” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the Lalo guy is good tho

I loved all the Mike stuff though, even if the plot of digging a hole doesn't sound that exciting on the face of it, it was still all executed really well.

Seriously, I could watch anything involving Mike endlessly. I don't do engineering work but I work in surveying so I'm familiar enough with construction to find that subplot technically fascinating.

Mike killing Werner reminded me of Mice & Men, this noble but remarkably tragic endgame where Mike decides the least he can do is kill Werner himself instead of letting faceless henchmen do the deed.

Can't believe that was it for this season

yes, feels like it ended before it really started

Agree with the fact that it was great but very much a transitional season. Even though Saul is here there's still the question of Kim's departure. She was ironically getting an itch to do shady stuff again but I suppose it was one last hurrah more than anything.

I loved all the Mike stuff though, even if the plot of digging a hole doesn't sound that exciting on the face of it, it was still all executed really well.

Seriously, I could watch anything involving Mike endlessly. I don't do engineering work but I work in surveying so I'm familiar enough with construction to find that subplot technically fascinating.

Mike killing Werner reminded me of Mice & Men, this noble but remarkably tragic endgame where Mike decides the least he can do is kill Werner himself instead of letting faceless henchmen do the deed.

I thought I remember him saying at some point they were to do a concrete pour, would that even cure properly underground?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Mike killing Werner was done to show three things: that Mike is really capable of doing the dirty, that Mike is paying good on his fuck-up, and that Mike is truly under the control of Fring.

I thought I remember him saying at some point they were to do a concrete pour, would that even cure properly underground?

Yes.

Nice, this is what I was hoping for; the movie will be a Jesse-centric follow up to season 5. Maybe he'll hook up with Badger & Skinny Pete as who else does he have to turn to? Logically, I'd say the plot should be run for the Mexican border asap, and avoid being arrested or killed.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/07/breaking-bad-is-getting-a-feature-film

• 9 months later...

The BB movie is finished, and will air on Netflix October 11, 2019:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-movie-confirmed-debut-224239689.html

"Set to be called El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, the synopsis reads as follows: “Fugitive Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) runs from his captors, the law and his past. Written and directed by Breaking Badcreator Vince Gilligan.”

It will air before S4 of Saul, set to return in 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...