nature

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legowelt – As yet Untitled(not like terence Trent d’arby style but I still have to think up one)
Legowelt – Taping a Broken Heart
Felix Schmidt – Vision Factory Cracktro + Rhythm

The Satin Valves – Vacancy For A Freak
Esplendor Geometrico – Chile al Dia

Clan of Xymox – Stumble & Fall
CrusHerr – Slijptol

Caramel Chameleon – Peanut Butter
Savantorix – The Hordes

Ben Wodanski – Shutdown 2020 01 Simple
Chevalier de Barbaras – I ride my Horse

Fatima Yamaha – Day we Met Legowelt remix
Simoncino & Merwyn Virgo 4 – Dancefloor Legowelt remix

Legowelt – A Plan Comes Together
Gladio – Sequential Sensualis

SPK – Walking on Dead Steps
Mike Rogers – Just a Story

Esplendor Geométrico – Trybuna Robotnicza
Ricardo Laine – Pain and Reward
Mike Mareen – Here I Am

Ratsnake – Home 08 Last Call
Legowelt – ??????
Mängelexemplar – Urlaub im Bett
Traxxman – Acid Tripping (reworked acid issshh)
Nao Katafuchi – Wasure Banashi

Edited by manmower
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^yeah that newest Smackos release is top notch. at least what i've heard of it so far, it keeps putting me to sleep... (this is a b i g compliment!)

came here to post this: http://legowelt.org/drumwizardrysamplepack/

Created over the years with various samplers & sources like the Amiga 1200, EMU EMAX II, Soundblaster, AKAI S900, S612, Prophet2000, CHEETAH SX16,  EMU Emulator II and lots more. Sampled with all the buzz,digital artefacts and xtreme noisefloor to add that magic dust to your tracks.

and he mentions there on the page but it's a totally free download so maybe consider buying some of his tunes or donating directly or something of the sort is always a great thing of course. 

• Like 2

This latest installment of the Cyberzine really shows the Shadow Wolf oozing confidence, doubling down on his hatred of tech house and downright refusing to spell 'quinoa' anywhere near correctly... aspirational stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Dear fans & freaks

A little blurb of things happening on the North Sea coast:

Almost all releases are set to pay what u want for the coming time

and

I am happy to announce the 2021 Legowelt Art Competition!

Some of you might remember the last one in 2016 with lots of entries, you can check a few of them here: legowelt.org/fan-art/

I am doing a new one & you can win cool prizes!

All you have to do is make some art inspired by my music world: Songs,albums,the website,videos,synths,the cyberzine. Anything goes. Use anything: Paint,draw,computer,graffity on a wall,collage,embroidery etc.

Just make a pic/scan of the art & send to:

legoweltartcomp @ gmail.com

Before 5 April 2021

Prizes:

1 signed vintage CASIO SK1 Sampling synth
2 signed vintage YAMAHA PSS390 FM synth
3 Electro acoustic Kalimba
4 Smackie SM23, misty synth of unknown origin
5/6/7 prizes: T-shirts, LP's,CDs, postcards etc.

For more info about the comp&prizes check www.legowelt.org!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

https://polyend.com/polyend-tracker-x-legowelt-artists-edition/

Owyeahhhhh I am very excited to anounce the POLYEND TRACKER LEGOWELT EDITION! The Polyend Tracker is a full self contained hardware tracker sampler sequencer with MIDI from Poland. If you are not familiar with Trackers, they were software sequencers back in the 1990s on computers like the Commodore AMIGA and PC in which you can sequence samples on 4 to 8 channels. The most famous of these were OCTAMED and PROTRACKER, These trackers gave an unique groove and sound and played a vital role in the development and creation of certain music styles (Like oldschool Jungle, Gabber and Bunker sewertechno and electro for example).  This Polyend tracker can read .mod files and import & export wav. audio via SD cards and has lots of other bells and whistles! You can sequence MIDI and you can set everything to 12 or even 8 bit for extra crunchyness and punch! Also inlcuded are filters, wavetable & granular synthesis, an FM radio(!) . And it’s also super easy to use & FAST, especially if you are familiar with trackers, like me I didn’t even had to read the manual ?

This special edition comes with an unique faceplate designed by myself. Also inside there are 5000+ sounds from my sample archive (1000+ new fresh specially designed ones for this tracker!), 26 project files with finished songs you can play and study, including preset loaded drumkits so you can jammmm instantly.

It comes in a limited edition of 300 pieces, you can pre-order the unit here. 
Also included is an LP (which will be send later this year) with some of my tracks made on the Polyend tracker.

• Farnsworth 1

20210331_104237-1536x1152.jpg

https://www.stampthewax.com/2021/04/01/talking-tech-with-legowelt/

What inspires you outside the world of music?

My unbounded loathing for mankind yet also having an unfounded faith in it at the same time. Books, things I see and experience.

me and Legowelt, we are alike.

lots of gear chat and pics of his new studio. he lives next to a scary forest now instead of the sea (?!? why would anyone leave a seaside view?!?!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 6:46 AM, auxien said:

20210331_104237-1536x1152.jpg

https://www.stampthewax.com/2021/04/01/talking-tech-with-legowelt/

me and Legowelt, we are alike.

lots of gear chat and pics of his new studio. he lives next to a scary forest now instead of the sea (?!? why would anyone leave a seaside view?!?!)

i like what he says about low res and how the brain likes to fill in the missing info. very intriguing. i def agree with him that a lot of new effects (strymon big/blue sky ugh) are just so polished sounding and pristine that they really get on my nerves. they obscure the character of a lot of things imo.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

i like what he says about low res and how the brain likes to fill in the missing info. very intriguing. i def agree with him that a lot of new effects (strymon big/blue sky ugh) are just so polished sounding and pristine that they really get on my nerves. they obscure the character of a lot of things imo.

yes re: low res/brain filling in....often had that feeling with plenty of tunes over the years, i think there's a lot be explored there if one can tactfully navigate the lo-fi aspects of sound without getting lost in it fully. there's a whole liminal world there where the brain hears x and y but fills in z... Danny's Smackos' stuff gets to that realm for me mostly, not so much Legowelt....yeah, literally thousands of musicians are buying up pristine effects and then trying to make them sound shittier (not saying i'm immune from this but)

• Like 2

TRACK LIST:

Chevalier de Barbaras – My Name is Chevalier
הברווזים החבוטים – Into the Valley of Smack
Legowelt – Novation Circuit Tracks build in Demo
Mono Junk – Won’t u leave love to me
Delroy Edwards – Killer Charlie
David Vunk – Kievietslaan 25
Dickie Smabers – Pompy The Robodoll
Legowelt – Edelweiss Reingold
Chupacabras Acid Freq. – Shitting the Floor
Chevalier de Barbaras – The Chevalier Challenges