IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

The fringe isn't fringe-y if it runs the show.

The whole point of your saying this was "fringe" in the first place was to convey that it's no big deal.

Fringe or no, the effect is the same.

the discrepancy gap between the kind of cunts who loudly preach the sort of pc-bs advocacy debated in the video above & what they actually do to further the plight of folks with (for example) trauma conditions tends to be of galaxy-sized proportions

"The petition got 350 signatures".

George Washington's student population (undergrad and graduate) is approx 25,000.

So just over 1%. In other words,pretty fringe.

yet they still managed to ruin an event for everyone else.

The fringe isn't fringe-y if it runs the show.

The whole point of your saying this was "fringe" in the first place was to convey that it's no big deal.

Fringe or no, the effect is the same.

One event cancelled doesn't mean the "run the show", the event still went on, it didn't have this one performer. Yeah it's shitty, and students let them (GW Admin) know about it on their twitter. But it's hardly running the show.

Now if for example, GW University was not allowed to teach Huckleberry Finn, or if they weren't allowed to have classes on world history, then yes, you would be on to something. But from my experience with professors, any one of them worth their salt wouldn't give these ass clowns the time of day.

So yeah, still fringe, still no big deal.

Here's an interview with the 'white dude with dreads'

The interviewer [towards the end of the vid] is like "yeah yeah you were assaulted or whatever...but still white people shouldn't wear dreads because privilege and cultural appropriation..."

This shit is mind-numbing

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=E4hEL3AoKCM&annotation_id=annotation_2532161161&src_vid=JQSJnE1dmG4

White people shouldn't wear dreads because they look like utter tools.

Cultural appropriation is a problem, but not necessarily in this particular case.

Cultural appropriation is a problem, but not necessarily in this particular case.

"Not necessarily" lol

That boy's culture is Korn and Slipknot, he didn't appropriate shit!

"Not necessarily" lol

Korn

Exactly what I was thinking.

Apparently this campus SJW stuff has exploded in the last 2-3 years

It's actually very interesting from a sociological and psychological perspective

Anyway, this dude knows what's up:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4TkZdPrdv4k

it's pretty amazing how such a young girl can intellectually wipe a floor with a professor that should supposed to be an expert in such fields. and yes i totally mean it, she seemed way more intelligent and forward thinking than he is and had better arguments.

i don't believe you're capable of understanding why she did much better than him in that exchange. but if you want to go point-by-point i'll explain.

You make it sound like I'm the only one who disagrees with you

But yeah, I'm interested to hear you defend her case

let's start with you first, worry about others later, what point of hers doesn't sit well with you?

Well lemme start by saying that I generally agree with SJ end-goals

I simply think that things like safe spaces and content warnings don't actually serve those end-goals

My criticism is kinda that simple

I think Haidt's point about Pavlovian exposure therapy is correct, and that over-protecting students from certain information will do more harm than good

I mean, so what happens to these kids when they're no longer in University? How can you be an effective doctor/lawyer/English teacher/social worker etc if you're triggered by mention of certain topics?

My girlfriend is a sexual assault survivor and she had sever PTSD for a few months

But she didn't shy away from anything (e.g. she resolved to walk the route where she was attacked everyday, she read up about others' experiences, etc) and she healed pretty quickly IMO

I've known a few people permanently scarred by trauma, and shielding their wounds seemed to prevent them from healing

I dunno, I could be wrong

Edited by LimpyLoo

On a dare, I had cornrows for approximately 36 hours

(If it matters, a black girl did my hair)

It looked especially grotesque with my weirdo mosquito face

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

*zing!

i don't believe you're capable of understanding why she did much better than him in that exchange. but if you want to go point-by-point i'll explain.

Yes, please do a point by point. I dare you! I really want to see you bullshit your way out of this bullshit position.