IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

I can't see the department being that worried about 1 officers pension costs tbh, especially knowing this would most definitely make it into the media (and they would be hyper scrutinized). 

It's probably just a shitty coincidence. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

• 1 month later...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/11/16880126/florida-herpes-b-virus-monkeys-silver-spring-state-park-rhesus-macaques

Of course there's now wild rhesus monkeys in Florida with herpes.

To be honest with you, we found feces on children’s slides, and in the playground

I'm going to sleep on this. I can't fucking process these two sentences right now.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/11/16880126/florida-herpes-b-virus-monkeys-silver-spring-state-park-rhesus-macaques

Of course there's now wild rhesus monkeys in Florida with herpes.

To be honest with you, we found feces on children’s slides, and in the playground

I'm going to sleep on this. I can't fucking process these two sentences right now.

I feel you on that one. It's like when you say a word over and over again because it just looks wrong spelled out.

• 2 weeks later...

pri_64610389-e1515149376559.jpg

Love comes in all shapes and sizes, and for Noorul Mahjabeen Hassan, 20, the building blocks of love are all falling into place.

The 20-year-old Florida student, who prefers to be known as Fractal Tetris Huracan, told InsideEdition.com she has fallen in love with Tetris and has been in a relationship with the video game for more than a year.

“I do plan on unofficially marrying Tetris,” she said. “Obviously I can’t actually marry an object, but it is possible to have a commitment ceremony."
Huracan explained that she identifies as objectum sexual (OS) and has had an attraction to inanimate objects for years.

“When I was a kid, I was first attracted to monorails, and — I don’t know — iPods, treadmills,” she said. “I would have these dreams about them in my mind and I was like really shy around them.”

Her relationship with Tetris began shortly after her mom bought her a calculator at 16 years old.
She said she fell in love with the calculator, which she named after mathematician Pierre De Fermat because of her love for math and geometry and even took the tool to prom.

Huracan fell in love with Tetris nearly two years ago after playing the game on the computer, her phone and Gameboy. She spends up to 12 hours a day playing Tetris.

“I like to give him a personality,” she explained. “I love him a lot.”

Her relationship with Tetris is also physical, she said, and she will often sleep with Tetris-themed cushions and hard drives. She also wears Tetris necklaces and t-shirts and has Tetris-shaped lamps around her home.

She also affectionately sings Johnny Cash’s “You Are My Sunshine,” to her game, according to a video by Caters News.

While many family members claim she has autism or Asperger's, Huracan said she doesn't see the problem with her relationship with Tetris as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

https://www.wsls.com/inside-edition/woman-20-falls-in-love-with-tetris-plans-to-have-commitment-ceremony-after-college

Edited by Nebraska

• 3 weeks later...

Read article about how the Florida NRA is trying to forbid Sheriffs and police officers from testifying for any form of gun control and regulation. I am 99% sure they will proceed with it. Fucking absurd. 

That said, and perhaps to reinforce there are great people who trudge through the nuttiness of this state, I'm just going to leave this. 

z22pe7ko5kg01.jpg

Srry Joshua those are all fake people, crisis actors for the dems.

:facepalm:

I posted a vid in the orange potato thread that had a comment section full of beyond fucktard comments like that. I'm all for shutting down social media & comment sections at this point. I'm fascist like that.

(CNN)

Russia-linked bots are promoting pro-gun messages on Twitter in an attempt to sow discord in the aftermath of the Florida school shooting, monitoring groups say.

Hashtags, topics, and URLs related to the shooting overwhelmingly feature in the tweets pushed by these automated Twitter accounts in the past 48 hours, according to Hamilton 68, a tool launched by the Alliance for Securing Democracy to track what it describes as "Russian propaganda and disinformation efforts online."
The Alliance is a group housed at The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) think tank to "defend against, deter, and raise the costs on Russian and other actors' efforts to undermine democracy and democratic institutions," according to their mission statement.
The group does not disclose which accounts it tracks and CNN has not independently verified its findings.
Among the hashtags and topics related to the shooting are #falseflag, #fbi, #gunreformnow, #fbigate, #parklandschoolshooting, the name of the shooter -- Nikolas Cruz -- and Florida.
Another bot-tracking website, Botcheck.me, reports that all but one of the top two-word phrases used in the past 24 hours by 1,500 political propaganda bots were connected to the shooting: "gun control," "Nikolas Cruz," "school shooting," "school shooter" and "fake news." The exception was "President Trump."
Related: Hundreds of new Twitter accounts push #ReleaseTheMemo
Hashtags calling for gun reform and gun control are also topping the list. Unlike Hamilton 68, which targets bots related to the Russian government, Botcheck.me tracks accounts that generally spread political propaganda.
Cybersecurity and media experts are not surprised that trolls and bots are leveraging the Florida school shooting to cause divisions.
"This pattern of divisive propaganda is becoming a staple in information warfare fueled by social media, but it isn't exactly new," Marco T. Bastos, researcher at City, University of London and co-author of a paper on a network of pro-Brexit bots, told CNN. "Similar campaigns can be traced to at least 2014."
In 2014-15, a large number of accounts controlled by Russian quasi-state units were mostly focusing on reinforcing domestic opinions, according to Christo Grozev, senior researcher at New Bulgarian University's Risk Management Lab and an author at investigations website Bellingcat.
Grozev has been tracking approximately 400 Twitter "troll" accounts that were disclosed as part of a Russian leak in 2014.
The "identities" of the accounts have changed over time. Currently they contain a mix of French and Spanish/Catalan identities, suggesting they had been repurposed as needed, Grozev said.
The reason why these accounts seize on shootings like the Parkland school one is not ideological, but to amplify "extreme and divisive causes" in a bid to create "a distracted and weakened US government," Grozev said.
"Gun control is simply one of those causes," he said. "It is not in any way an ideological preference for Russia to have less gun control in the US. It is, however, the perfect divisive cause."
If the intent is not ideological but to sow discord in American society, that could help explain why Russian-related bots are spreading hashtags calling for gun control laws and reforms.
"Such hashtags serve mostly as bait: they serve to attract 'opposing view' readers, which results in explosive and discordant online mutual shouting -- in place of any reasonable debate, which would not be in the interest of Russia," Grozev said.

Russia...just release the goddamn piss tape already and stop the fucking around.

• 3 weeks later...

Dayanna Volitich suggests Muslims be eradicated from the earth, believes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories ... and teaches middle school social studies.

She says it's satire...uhm...maybe

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-public-school-teacher-white-nationalist-podcast_us_5a99ae32e4b089ec353a1fba

• 2 months later...

A South Daytona man is accused of setting his neighbor’s car on fire after making disparaging racial comments but police said Monday there is not enough evidence to charge him with a hate crime.

Joseph Minor, 56, was charged with arson causing damage to a structure and criminal mischief and damage to property of $1,000 or more. He was being held without bail on Monday.

Sweet told police that after an argument with Minor, he and his girlfriend Cecilia Jones went indoors. About 10 minutes later, Sweet said he heard a “boom” and when he looked out of the window, he saw Minor walking away from his vehicle that had its front end on fire.

Jones also reported hearing Minor make the racial slurs and a threat to blow up Sweet’s car, police said.

“I hate you N*****,” Minor said to Sweet, who is black, according to the report.

The car, a silver 2002 Mercury, sustained $5,000 in damages, investigators said.

Another resident, Charles Corey, said he went outside to move his vehicle away from Sweet’s burning car and saw Minor walking away from Sweet’s car holding a bag that he threw in a dumpster behind the apartment complex, investigators said.

After he was arrested, Minor told police that he was there to protect his father and that he was not doing anything that was out of the confines of the law, police said.

When asked what he meant, Minor responded, “That as long as nobody witnesses it, you won’t get in to trouble for it,” officers wrote in their report.

The State Fire Marshal was called to investigate the fire but initially, it appears Minor used an accelerant to burn the car, police said.

In Minor’s pocket police found miscellaneous lists written on paper, a scrap of wood, a napkin and a disposable lighter, the report detailed.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180604/police-s-daytona-man-follows-up-on-racial-slur-by-burning-neighbors-car

• 1 month later...

Florida's "stand your ground" law is being tested again after a 28-year-old father was mortally wounded in front of his young children following an argument with another man over a handicapped parking space.

Surveillance video taken from the Circle A convenience store in Clearwater last Thursday showed Markeis McGlockton, his girlfriend Britany Jacobs and their three young children pulling into a handicapped spot. McGlockton ran into the store with their 5-year-old son.

As Jacobs stepped out of the car, McGlockton came out of the store and shoved Drejka to the ground. In response, Drejka pulled a gun out of his pocket.

Drejka could be seen firing at McGlockton as the young father stepped away. McGlockton was wounded in the chest, and ran back into the store, where surveillance footage from inside showed him falling to the ground in front of his 5-year-old.

McGlockton later died at the hospital.

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1020378070946074625

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-s-stand-your-ground-law-under-scrutiny-after-father-n893646