IGNORED

WARP.NET 4.0

cear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh - for us desktopusers - all these site redesigns r quite weird, blown out for the tablets n phones, 2clunky to hit small links etc. easier dev-decision

buteh formalistically i quite like this design.. and the purple man THE PURPLE

3aMt7ya.jpg

also http://p.autechre.ws/proxy?lnk=warp.net

It looks like a real mess underneath the newsletter sign up box. I still can't handle these Tumblr style sites. But who am I, the one still mourning this one:

Warp-Records.jpg

this one was the best by far. the new one looks like it was made by autechre while the site actually made by autechre actually works: http://autechre.ws/

in addition the layout is pretty much unusable at 1280x1024 but hey nobody has a screen this small nowadays right? right?

It looks like a real mess underneath the newsletter sign up box. I still can't handle these Tumblr style sites. But who am I, the one still mourning this one:

Warp-Records.jpg

this one was the best by far. the new one looks like it was made by autechre while the site actually made by autechre actually works: http://autechre.ws/

in addition the layout is pretty much unusable at 1280x1024 but hey nobody has a screen this small nowadays right? right?

there are still many laptops out there that are 1366x768. Not quite the same dimensions, but still quite cramped.

WERP.NET

Warp-Records.jpg

Oh man, I'd love to have a coffee table book of just old screen caps from the old Warp site.

Warp-Records.jpg

Completely agree--that was their best webpage design, no question. That new one is a mess. And the purple isn't even right: so are they going to change that now? This lighter colored shit? Why don't we go with all-pastel versions of proper colors, like some early 90s NBC Weekly Murder Mystery design aesthetic? I guess Angela Lansbury's style is in now. It's "retro" or something.

91NimPFAvOL._SL1500_.jpg

I got excited (and scared) thinking they brought back the WARP forums when I saw this thread title.

I honestly can't say I like this redesign - I think the last one was good in how it organized information; this one is (literally) all over the place.

that old menu was really cool. Must have taken forever to program all the small little animations:

warped1.png

The really neat thing is with today's CSS, they could probably do that entire site as pure CSS, no graphics. That would be an interesting design/programming challenge for sure...

that old menu was really cool. Must have taken forever to program all the small little animations:

warped1.png

Trying to remember what colour was what.... I think it was:

Purple - Various/Compilation

Dark Gray - One off artists not getting a colour

Silver - Autechre

Dark Blue - LFO

Yellow - Aphex Twin

Orange - Nightmare On Wax (maybe)

Light Blue - Boards of Canada

Red - Red Snapper ?

Pink - Plaid ?

That's as much as I can recall.

warped1.png

Silver - Autechre

Dark Blue - LFO

Yellow - Aphex Twin

Red - Red Snapper ?

Pink - Plaid ?

Autechre was gray and Squarepusher was turquoise...

Man, I really want to make a WARP.net theme for the forum now with that colour scheme!

warped1.png

Silver - Autechre

Dark Blue - LFO

Yellow - Aphex Twin

Red - Red Snapper ?

Pink - Plaid ?

Autechre was gray and Squarepusher was turquoise...

Man, I really want to make a WARP.net theme for the forum now with that colour scheme!

Joyrex pls

Archived