IGNORED

WARP.NET 4.0

cear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that old menu was really cool. Must have taken forever to program all the small little animations:

warped1.png

The really neat thing is with today's CSS, they could probably do that entire site as pure CSS, no graphics. That would be an interesting design/programming challenge for sure...

yeah image this as responsive design and css / html5 instead of flash. It doesn't look dated at all

WERP.NET at 1366x768 (ThinkPad laptop)

NlHgYKo.png

WERP.NET at 1440x2560 (Nexus 6 phone)

HsOldVd.png

WERP.NET at 2560x1600 (Dell U3014 display)

bhZernG.png

gaps at the sides are the two 1920x1200 monitors I have set up in portrait.

Welcome to the all-new Warp.net [4.0]!

We've spent over a year designing, developing, redesigning and redeveloping to bring you a new way to experience our and our artists' work on Warp.net. Since we last updated our site in 2009 the web has evolved dramatically and we've built the new Warp.net from the ground up in order to keep up and ahead.

It took them a year to do that crap? A YEAR? But now you can buy from Bleep right from the Warp site, and make playlists...(do people do that?). Wowz. :emotawesomepm9:

We'd like to thank all of our contributors:

Creative Direction & Design:

HelloMe, Till Wiedeck

Interactive Design & Development:

Stinkdigital

For Interactive Design that Stinks! TM

Damn do those screenshots of the old Warp site make me all nostalgic though. I'd totally forgotten about that cut buttons/blocks design.

that old menu was really cool. Must have taken forever to program all the small little animations:

warped1.png

Trying to remember what colour was what.... I think it was:

Purple - Various/Compilation

Dark Gray - One off artists not getting a colour

Silver - Autechre

Dark Blue - LFO

Yellow - Aphex Twin

Orange - Nightmare On Wax (maybe)

Light Blue - Boards of Canada

Red - Red Snapper ?

Pink - Plaid ?

That's as much as I can recall.

Autechre was gray and Squarepusher was turquoise...

Man, I really want to make a WARP.net theme for the forum now with that colour scheme!

I think Chris Clark was light purple

The old one was fine! a lot more organized, with a really nice colour scheme.

This new one completely chaotic. It feels like it has been redesigned for the sake of redesigning it. Everything looks completely unorganized. With huge ass buttons (as if we're retards that can't point their mouses) just because that's what's hip right now.

It's truly a mess.

The guy that designed this (from HelloMe) has some great graphic work but he is obviously a graphic designer and not a web designer.

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong subforum..!

It looks like a real mess underneath the newsletter sign up box. I still can't handle these Tumblr style sites. But who am I, the one still mourning this one:

Warp-Records.jpg

man they should really just go back to this, it was fun to actually use & go on, these days i rarely go on the website, the current/recent sites are ultra generic 'uber-flat line' bold font on a white background, 'highly designed', macbook cafe, cut glass architects toilet, polished poo

I haven't found the warp site an enjoyable experience to browse for quite some time. Haven't seen it on desktop yet, just phone, but expecting the same feeling to continue.

i think the goal of the new site is to push sales, it looks easier now to buy records cause bleep is integraded.
(also optimized for mobile phones)

put thats just my opinion.

I haven't found the warp site an enjoyable experience to browse for quite some time. Haven't seen it on desktop yet, just phone, but expecting the same feeling to continue.

scroll up for screenshots that I've posted.

Archived