X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they should just do a millennium movie before lance henriksen dies instead

Fuck yes!!!!

This I would pay to see

Hell yes indeed. One of the most criminally under-recognized shows out there.

Have you watched it recently? First couple of series are alright but holy fuck does it go downhill fast. Season three is pure Ebola

U nathan barley?

• 2 months later...
Guest Atom Dowry Firth

they should just do a millennium movie before lance henriksen dies instead

Fuck yes!!!!

This I would pay to see

Hell yes indeed. One of the most criminally under-recognized shows out there.

Have you watched it recently? First couple of series are alright but holy fuck does it go downhill fast. Season three is pure Ebola

U nathan barley?

No. R u?

I was kind of adverse to an X-Files reboot at first, but then decided it's probably better to keep an open mind about it. Besides, how will we know it's bad if we haven't seen it yet?

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this - X-Files was defined by the decade it was created in (the 90's), and removing it from that context and bringing it into the modern era might not work.

I guess we'll find out soon enough - it is smart they are only doing 6 episodes though; find out if the magic is still there, and if so, do six more - if not, well, no big loss.

could be ok if it's just devoted to the main alien storyline, can't imagine they could reproduce the atmosphere of those early episodes.

that pilot he made recently was pretty awful though (having a guy with a strong north-side Dublin accent was weird), I assume it wasn't picked up? so there's a good chance he's going to completely make a balls of it instead.

Miss Anderson was completely delicious in The Fall,

she looks gorgeous in Hanibal as well.

I was kind of adverse to an X-Files reboot at first, but then decided it's probably better to keep an open mind about it. Besides, how will we know it's bad if we haven't seen it yet?

but we have seen it. it was on for 9 seasons. they're only doing 6 more episodes to make the series valuable for netflix and amazon prime. so this has very little to do with the new episodes and everything to do with the already 200 plus that exist

with that said though, there were some really good episodes of x-files, like the one where everyone in the small town mistakes mulder and scully for being "men in black" and the police chief doesn't cuss (instead using words like blankety blank for fuck etc.)- or the one with the school teachers and have a cult going on and "satan" starts teaching at the school. i think those episodes were better than most of the on-going storylines like the alien conspiracy story trying to colonize earth- mostly because carter couldn't figure out how to finish such storylines and they'd just degrade to "get this weapon, fire it at that guy then we'll explain everything for skinner and he'll somehow get us out of the trouble we got ourselves into off screen lol"

there were some really good episodes of x-files, like the one where everyone in the small town mistakes mulder and scully for being "men in black" and the police chief doesn't cuss (instead using words like blankety blank for fuck etc.)- or the one with the school teachers and have a cult going on and "satan" starts teaching at the school. i think those episodes were better than most of the on-going storylines like the alien conspiracy story trying to colonize earth- mostly because carter couldn't figure out how to finish such storylines and they'd just degrade to "get this weapon, fire it at that guy then we'll explain everything for skinner and he'll somehow get us out of the trouble we got ourselves into off screen lol"

Yeah the random wacky shit was the best. There are so many shows now with these long-running multifaceted storylines that do a better job with that than X-Files ever did. Hope they play to their strengths and keep the goofy element alive.

but we have seen it. it was on for 9 seasons. they're only doing 6 more episodes to make the series valuable for netflix and amazon prime. so this has very little to do with the new episodes and everything to do with the already 200 plus that exist

What I meant is we haven't seen the six new upcoming episodes, so it's too early to review those ones specifically.

could be ok if it's just devoted to the main alien storyline, can't imagine they could reproduce the atmosphere of those early episodes.

that pilot he made recently was pretty awful though (having a guy with a strong north-side Dublin accent was weird), I assume it wasn't picked up? so there's a good chance he's going to completely make a balls of it instead.

Miss Anderson was completely delicious in The Fall,

she looks gorgeous in Hanibal as well.

She's doing great in Hannibal and The Fall; he had a great run with Californication. Carter's output has been...non-existent/weak.

They're seemingly not doing the alien invasion story arc though: Carter mentioned that they have 'six stories to tell' for the six episodes, so I would hazard a guess that these will be mainly stand-alones. The press around the last movie echoed the desire to tell a self-contained story, they thought that was where X-Filed shined (not the case for I Want to Believe, unfortunately...) and would work best for a film's amount of time...so Carter/execs think the short standalone episodes are best (generally true), hence a short cash push to see how much they can get returned.

The theory above about making the past series more valuable by raising interest in the property makes sense too.

All that said, I'm really not sure what to expect. I LOVE the series, but so much of the magic was gone by the end...and I'm one of the few fans of the Doggett/Reyes team. I just don't know if they can do anything good with this, now...

Guest chunky

X Files series 25: episode 4:

Mulder and Scully visit a spooky town and discover a strange monster. Meanwhile the mysterious man named the Nicaraguan Humidor smokes while standing around in a trench coat. What's that odd brown liquid that's running down the inside of his trousers? The town and the monster have more in common than Mulder first realises. Scully offers a scientific analysis of the situation and does her best to debunk Mulder's bullshit. But she's neither young nor beautiful now. Mulder finally discovers that the Spooky Town is in fact the reincarnation of his long lost sister. She was kidnapped as a child by an Alien group called the Townies. Mulder fights the monster but is knocked out, leaving Scully to look cool by killing the monster herself. Mulder's sister (the spooky town) pulls off its mask to reveal that Mulder's sister is in fact a 57 year old black guy with a trench coat and beard. Then the monster/blackman/Mulder's sister/the spooky town dies by choking on its own vomit. Tune in next week for the big twist that makes you want to watch the next episode.

• 2 months later...

i hope you mean duchovny, Gillian anderson gets hotter every day imo

I doubt we'll agree on much else, but I'm with you on this one.

Rubin dedicates his life to analysing celeb pics and presenting credible theories for the supposed demise of their good looks.

Archived