IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

"Um... So I think it's officially my next film. #alien"

Neill Blomkamp on board as director, after debunking it about a month ago. And its apparently NOT the Prometheus sequel.

He could do the "Alien war on earth scenario" justice although im not sure yet If I actually want to see this. Some of the concept art released a month or so ago looked pretty good though. Straight continuation from Alien Resurrection would be possible although not sure how they managed to reanimate Hicks?

http://io9.com/neill-blomkamps-secret-alien-movie-looks-so-good-were-f-1677082116

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if its mentioned on that article but there was speculation that it takes place in an alternate reality 'split' type of situation after the events of Aliens, where Hicks doesn't die and Ripley never crashes on the planet with the prison colony. She lives her life and later teams up with Hicks to take down the Weyland corporation (notice the suicide vest on her in the shot with both of them). Im not sure how far Blomkamp thought it out but it looks like the Space Jockey ship is being studied or used in some way by Weyland corp and that Ripley at some point suits up to pilot the ship using the suit the space jockey wears. It sounds over the top and ridiculous but it just might be a decent way of rectifying the fuckups of especially Prometheus and will satisfy fans who hated Alien 3

Sigourney Weaver is 66…! Don't suppose that matters really in the world of stunt doubles and CGI. I'm sure the new star wars films will manage to make the old school cast look great.

Exciting prospect on that alternate reality concept... There's a ton of fan fiction and comics based on stuff that happens after Aliens and before Alien 3

I'd be more than happy to watch a new film that ignores anything that was added to the "canon" after Aliens.

It'll be total shit, as if this isn't obvious?

I don't think the contemporary creative industry is able to produce something which can properly connect to the original film.

Fashion, marketing, technology, are all very different now. This will be utter shit, like all the other reboots, games etc.

did you all not read the actual article? it repeatedly states that this isn't actually a film that is being made but something neill blomkamp WAS working on "in secret" that never got off the ground...was replaced by prometheus most likely.

did you all not read the actual article? it repeatedly states that this isn't actually a film that is being made but something neill blomkamp WAS working on "in secret" that never got off the ground...was replaced by prometheus most likely.

Well, shit

Let me guess the plot, Hicks and Ripley have to fight their way out of Capetown's garbage ghetto in order to board a mysterious alien ship, then everyone puts on styrofoam power suits and dances to Die Antwoord.

Let me guess the plot, Hicks and Ripley have to fight their way out of Capetown's garbage ghetto in order to board a mysterious alien ship, then everyone puts on styrofoam power suits and dances to Die Antwoord.

If people don't even read one page threads you can't expect them to read whole articles :emotawesomepm9:

Anyway, looks like the linked article is unrelated. He did tweet that his next film #alien last night.

I have a feeling that Fox is letting Blomkap do a new Alien film, but there's no way in hell they'll let that trash of an 'idea' that he had go forward. It's absolutely silly. Sillier than Alien Resurrection.

Sent using magic space waves

I'm fatigued by the massive industry reliance on sequels and remakes right now. I want new shit!

Like, how long til they just give in and make an Alien tv series? Would be awful but I feel like it could happen. Too many new shows coming out based on old films/stories. Some of them are good (Hannibal) but still I just want new stuff.

think there is still space to explore in the alien universe (just look at the game alien isolation) its just that there have been 2 great films vs 2 meh films & prometheus which is erm .... which have overshadowed everything. think Neill Blomkamp could really pull this off & i know Sigourney Weaver is keen so could be really exciting,

in terms of sequels think alien is just about worthy of one, the film will probably be its last chance, its just all the superhero movies & spinoffs which have been scheduled to at least 2022 u gota be more concerned about

If any director was going to do i would pick him every time (Or Cameron but he is never coming back from Avatar land) Neil seems to have a great love for all things scfi so he should make a good movie

Archived