IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Meh. Doesn't do anything for me. Forgettable.

So now we've heard more than half of the EP already (three long tracks)? Now it's needlessly waiting for just two actual new tracks and two small interludes... Warp should've just dropped it all at once imo, never been so underwhelmed by an AFX release before.

Also, how is U M I L still not properly released?!

UMIL is one of the best post-syro releases to me.. maybe the best? And of course it was "released" as obscurely as possible. Debating listening to this track yet. Already know 2 other tracks way to well already... One thing I loved about receiving CCAI2. Felt brand spanking new (mostly) when I received it in the mail.

Definitely groovy. Really love the bass-line and the drums are effective. This one I could actually see people getting down to in a club unlike all of Deejay Selek. But yeah.. doesn't exactly go anywhere. It does feel like a "dj tool" from an alternate universe that resembles 1993.

Guest bitroast

that other track isnt even on the vinyl release for cheetah. im gonna regard it a scrappy bonus beats cheetah track (( to even out the cassette release length so the b side is equal to the a side ?? that's a right .. right ? )). agreeing here that the track isn't too hot but doesn't bother me too much.

cheetah7b on the other hand :music:

still buzzing for the new ep. wish the whole thing just dropped in one lump sum.

Absolutely agree about umil. That and MARCHROMT are larp and I can't get enough of them.

Snap reaction to 2X202; I like it. Nothing mindblowing and I do wonder what I'd have thought if it wasn't aphex. In fact, the recent output has made me a lot less snobby about loads of electronic music out there. If I'm going to enjoy ODS and Cheetah then I have to concede my aphex bias and acknowledge artists like Rone and Com Truise just as much. Feels good to begin to lose the fanboy obstruction that's been with me since aphex blew my mind as a young teenager. Used to think no-one could touch the guy but now I appreciate a bunch of others beyond the 90s Warp roster.

Man, it was hard not to post while the video love-in was happening. Didn't want to piss in your chips. Wonderful gesture but... I'll stop myself. Realised I had a cold, black heart of stone when I came here. Great for the kid tho.

Cheetah7 has taken on new life for me in this mastered/clarified form. It was a top-25 soundcloud track for me before, but now really breathes...

For sure. When that air-y synth comes in, I perked right up. So clear, "lush", and Aphex as holy hell. Finally.

some slight differences in the final version, the added percussion is there at the start this time and the pads take a little longer to creep in

kicks are much punchier too

I don't understand why ppl go crazy about this track, it was on sc dump for fukkin ages...

I really liked it then too, but the mastering works wonders. Gets me even more excited for the SC collection "greatest hits" or whatever it will be.

the sc version was really not a very good recording. this is redone and lush af

cd's gonna be nice. combine it with ods and you've got a pretty dope lp

is that two other versions of circlon3 i see on that bbc page? hope we get those in flac from bleep or something

Edited by very honest

that other track isnt even on the vinyl release for cheetah. im gonna regard it a scrappy bonus beats cheetah track (( to even out the cassette release length so the b side is equal to the a side ?? that's a right .. right ? )). agreeing here that the track isn't too hot but doesn't bother me too much.

cheetah7b on the other hand :music:

still buzzing for the new ep. wish the whole thing just dropped in one lump sum.

I concur with the above statements.

Loving the audible difference in quality between the original and mastered version of cheetah7b as well. I can only imagine how immense a mastered version of T13 quadraverb would sound bouncing around in the gulliver.

I didn't notice much difference in the CHEETAH7b vs the soundcloud, though it appears to be 40 seconds longer? Seems to be still quite low quality, but that could just be the BBC stream.