IGNORED

Minions appreciation thread

Npoess

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think minion are popular because they discovered that that exactly shade/intensity of yellow will make people synesthetically hear the song yellow calx without realizing it and yellow calx is awesome at least

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/sam-kriss-minions-are-good-833

"

There is, admittedly, one good reason for hating the Minions. According to the films, the Minions have existed for millions of years, and in every age, they've loyally served the greatest villain on Earth. They're always trying to do evil, even if it's somewhat held up by their hilarious incompetence. So at the start of the recently released film Minions we see Minions accidentally pushing a tyrannosaur into a volcano, crushing thousands of Egyptian slaves beneath a poorly built pyramid, ruining Napoleon's ambitions on the battlefield with an errant cannonball.

This potted history papers over a few cracks. Minions must have been there, piling human skulls on human skulls, some of them still blood-splattered, some hanging with stringy trails of human flesh, when the Mongols came to sack Baghdad in 1258. Pith-helmeted Minions fumbled the quinine as the British Raj starved millions in India. And eventually, the Minions would have allied themselves with Adolf Hitler. Helmeted Minions directing artillery fire in the wrong direction during the siege of Leningrad. Minions in Einsatzgruppe uniforms, chasing bananas into the mass graves. Minions falling from the guard towers at Auschwitz. After all, they're evil.

Strangely, though, the fact that the Minions are complicit in the crimes of the Third Reich doesn't seem to be why people hate them so much. With a few exceptions, most complaints about the Minions have nothing to do with their intrinsic evil. Instead, there's a familiar triad of unsatisfying objections: they're stupid, they're annoying and they're taking over everything."

I fucking hate the minions and I hope everyone involved in their creation die in an horrific way.

They're like, characters from a kids movie.. how could anyone have a problem with that? Non-parent adults who genuinely like them exist,which is a bit odd but.. well not really, since those people likely have learning difficulties or other issues.

I think the yellow reminds everyone of the time when The Simpsons were good. A subconcious collective yearning for better written television. In their minds, they do not see tiny yellow mute annoying things, they see Homer finding out Lenny and Carl have been going to a secret club called The Stonecutters. Something that us poor blind cynics simply do not see.

The minions will go the way of the crazy frog and be just another rank blip in mass culture that our kids will laugh at us about.

There's now a massive Minions advertisement at a train station I stop at going into work. This is in Tokyo. I thought of this thread. I might have died a little, but then I lived a little more. So now I'm +7 points. Don't let Minions win. They feed off your hatred and your fear of the unknown. Are you scared that Minions are perhaps real? Or maybe that you are a Minion? If Hollywood made a live action Minions film staring a CGI John Candy cloned thousands of times over, would that make the world a better place?

Okay, obviously my mind broke a bit there. But you get the point. Chillax.

i was listening to nick drake while looking at the images in this thread and i think i had a brain aneurysm.

that new pixar film about the things in the little girls brain as well, i was watching tv today and saw them in a tie-in subway advert and a broadband one as well in the same ad break. jesus fuck i was just tryna watch an episode of futurama. too many adverts featuring the same thing gets to feel like some totalitarian nighhtmare. ott i know but its the shape of things to come i reckon.

http://www.pantone.com/pci/minion-yellow

Pantone Color Institute is excited to announce the creation of an official new PANTONE Color, Minion Yellow.

Based on the Minions from Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me global film franchise, including the upcoming prequel Minions, PANTONE Minion Yellow is an illuminating, energetic, friendly and fun-loving yellow shade that immediately calls out to you.

"Just as the sun’s rays enliven us, PANTONE Minion Yellow is a color that heightens awareness and creates clarity, lighting the way to the intelligence, originality and the resourcefulness of an open mind – this is the color of hope, joy and optimism," said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute.

http://www.pantone.com/pci/minion-yellow

Pantone Color Institute is excited to announce the creation of an official new PANTONE Color, Minion Yellow.

Based on the Minions from Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me global film franchise, including the upcoming prequel Minions, PANTONE Minion Yellow is an illuminating, energetic, friendly and fun-loving yellow shade that immediately calls out to you.

"Just as the sun’s rays enliven us, PANTONE Minion Yellow is a color that heightens awareness and creates clarity, lighting the way to the intelligence, originality and the resourcefulness of an open mind – this is the color of hope, joy and optimism," said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute.

:catsob::catnope::catbleed:

Archived