IGNORED

Most frightening film sequences.

fumi

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a frightening sequence with Robin Thicke dancing yesterday. It was truly terrifying. Once you see Thicke dance you can't unsee it. It's eerie as hell, a waking nightmare. The cunt is like a old drunk uncle dancing at a wedding, or a middle aged estate agent who's turned up at a karaoke.

The generic 'elbows at right angles' dance moves, the sunglasses hiding the beady eyes, the naff blow dry, the squashed up munchkin face. This must be the most unlikely pop star ever. Looks like an old benefits scrounger going down to the shops to buy some booze and showcasing his new suit the jobcentre paid for to get some interviews. It's the juxtaposition of Thicke moving his decrepit body against young girls which is very, very haunting. The old bastard was plucked from obscurity for his one hit, and you have to wonder what dirt he has on Pharrell for Pharrell to drag this animated corpse from it's grave and sleaze his way to a payday, dancing. In court it was shown he had no part in writing the track because he would turn up at the studio drunk and in tears. He's a spare part. A third leg. Darkness lurks behind the beady eyes behind those shades. Truly nightmarish.

robin-thicke-320.jpg

28 days and 28 weeks, both scary ass films! Zombie apocalypse dun proppa lyk.

Think I will watch them again at the weekend.

Days was fucking great. Can't fault any flick with GY!BE in the soundtrack. Weeks was nowhere near as good, but still an enjoyable watch. The opening sequence is ace.

I heard not so long ago that 28 Months Later was actually in motion? Kinda hoping that's true.

that one where kevin maculkin almost got manhandled by those goons

It took me years to realize that Home Alone 1 and 2 were like really good anti-rape instructional videos.

I heard not so long ago that 28 Months Later was actually in motion? Kinda hoping that's true.

This just popped up on my Facebook feed!

Hopefully "28 months later" as its the logo they have used for the first 2 films. Anyone got any more info?

post-7829-0-47621600-1439706496_thumb.jpg

This just popped up on my Facebook feed!

Hopefully "28 months later" as its the logo they have used for the first 2 films. Anyone got any more info?

Interesting, but in reality, that could be anything. The biohazard symbol is commonly used to represent 'zombie'-related stuff.

Still, I wouldn't completely rule out the fact that it's Months. That's the hope!

'no country for olld men' alwaze sends chills up spine, w. many heart rending, fidget encouragingly paced scary scenes throughout c/o v bad baddie; incl:

One of my favourite films. Some very tense moments in there.

Couldn't find vids for these but:

The scene in The Fly (1986) where Jeff Goldblum is removing his fingernails. The movie ruined me as a child.

Much more recent, the scene in V/H/S with the vampire/succubus girl in the hotel room. That one really caught me off guard.

Funny Games. Well, just pick a scene. Not a movie that I'm likely to revisit.

yeah, I thought of Funny Games too. while that movie is pure dread from start to finish, it's not really the kind of spine-chilling fear commanded by the best horror film sequences. different ting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find vids for these but:

The scene in The Fly (1986) where Jeff Goldblum is removing his fingernails. The movie ruined me as a child.

Much more recent, the scene in V/H/S with the vampire/succubus girl in the hotel room. That one really caught me off guard.

Funny Games. Well, just pick a scene. Not a movie that I'm likely to revisit.

I watched Creep recently and the whole time I was thinking it was basically a tamer version of Funny Games. I can't watch it again either although somehow I managed to watch both the original and the English remake. Pure stress.

I enjoyed V/H/S and its sequel a lot more than I expected. Because it's just a bunch of vignettes it doesn't have much of a plot but that actually seemed to work in its favor, as a sort of collection of short stories. The streamlined pacing led to some great moments and haunting images.

Archived