IGNORED

Are people in general just boring, or am I too critical?

Twelvetrees

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean lets be honest here, if your life amounts to your listening to music its about time you be ok with being a boring person (and even being called one ocassionally) [and the off change your passion for music is actually because you might be a pedophile, then you should go to jail]. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being boring and coasting through life, the problem arises though when boring people get insecure and try to overcompensate for the fact that they are fundamentally boring and will probably always be.

also twelvetrees? is that like roppongi times two? are you the girl from Double Suicide, bored with life and hoping you can meet some gang members and have sex with them? but the gang members only talk about guns and about killing people and they have no time for you? then something weird happens and there's an abrupt ending?

Guest RubiconNano

also twelvetrees? is that like roppongi times two? are you the girl from Double Suicide, bored with life and hoping you can meet some gang members and have sex with them? but the gang members only talk about guns and about killing people and they have no time for you? then something weird happens and there's an abrupt ending?

BWQ5Yfj.gif?1

Often when I start expressing an opinion they won't even answer.

Im here for you twelvetrees. PM me a current opinion of yours and I will try to respond with a genuine reply, within 3-5 working days.

Failing this, I have included an automatically generated response, courtesy of

http://www.amquix.info/humor/insider_bs_generator/index.html

Your automatic response was as follows:

Again you state as fact something that is demonstrably false.

BWQ5Yfj.gif?1

non-weaboos are holding back the internet

but seriously double suicide is a good film, you should give it a try

Everyone here is the same as you and they hate themselves for it so you'll get some insightful responses

yeh.

I hate everyone and everything and most people dislike me because I know everything (and will correct you if you are WRONG)

Guest kymppinetti

you'll need to stop thinking that are people boring, cos that makes you preatty boring. there is always something interesting in every human. if don't see this, then i guess you have wrong pair of glasses.

It is indeed true that most everyone has an amazing backstory of a life, and each of them are living a life of adventure and crazy trippy fucking nutz shit. I've experienced a lot of greatness from some of the most "normal" people ever-- as these people are "the norm", they have crazy views on the world that I would never feel myself, like, "Money is everything", etc. So interacting with everyday type people is quite mindblowing, and I try to learn as much as I can from them, even if they will never create anything awe inspiring or even say something interesting. Because I feel like there is hidden wisdom in the words of some boring fucks. They've obviously lived a life different from me, so I can learn from that.

Despite all this, the problem of the general populace being boring is fucking true, and this is because modern society is based on creating worker slaves; not creating creative minds. I've found it true in my life anyway, that the most interesting people tend to have deep hobbies, or they have at one time or another been very, very proficient at something that is difficult. The most boring people tend to be those who have never been great at something and who don't have hobbies, other than maybe television. I think this has to do with the fact that for any skill to become great, a lot of hard work and TROUBLESHOOTING has to go into this hobby FOR YEARS ON END. And when one troubleshoots and thinks outside the box for years, it seems like other parts of the brain latch onto that, and these people have original or well thought out opinions on life and just things in general. Or maybe it's just as simple as... they had to think for a long time.

Yeeeah, but of course-- bottom line is that most people are interesting, even if they're boring. Most people might not be able to make you laugh or paradigm shift blow your mind like LSD on LSD on shrooms, but somewhere in their life there's some experience, that if you heard it, you'd nod cuz you learnt something or you'd go, "Holy shit."

Are most people "boring"? Yes. Are most people "Boring"? No.

yeah, I can find common ground with anyone who has an interest in anything and is agreeable enough to entertain my opinion in a discussion. But I think I am interested in a large variety of things, many only in a theoretical sense, but everyone has something insightful to tell you, or even discussing something with them will help you better understand yourself.

Yeah, same here. It isn't difficult for me to be friends with someone who shares absolutely no common interests to myself, so long as I find their way of thinking relate-able. One of my good friends is a person who doesn't know anything about music, philosophy, poetry, etc. and just does athletic shit that I'm not even capable of and researches airplanes and locomotives, but it has no impact on our friendship. Common interests really don't mean shit, I think it's just valued because it's a good indicator of potentially compatible personalities.

People as a whole are incredibly boring because they hide all of the dysfunctional and personality stuff from view whenin the presence of others. When they take drugs, or they don't think they are being observed, all of the crazy stuff comes out that you never get to see.

It is indeed true that most everyone has an amazing backstory of a life, and each of them are living a life of adventure and crazy trippy fucking nutz shit. I've experienced a lot of greatness from some of the most "normal" ..... that if you heard it, you'd nod cuz you learnt something or you'd go, "Holy shit."

Peace up in here - So good to see you embrace the language dawg. You got rid of that text talk, my man, whaddup! I'm lovin this new style, peace7 whaddup!

(peace 7's text chat was gawdawful, it sounded like shit and it ruined his rep, you dig?)

Next on Conan, collaborative screenwriters Abel Ferrara and peace7 talk about what it was like working together. And their trouble of getting their first feature off the ground ''The Cummer''

it's the main reason i'm here ...but i still like people, boring or not

best answers:

ugh I know right?

i don't want this to come off sounding jerky, but a lot of people are more interested in things other than music and media. maybe it's gardening or their kids' sports team or their family history. thinking that you're the only one who's inquisitive and thoughtful is a good way to find yourself isolated. or yeah, what the other guy said: some people at work aren't there to make friends and they just wanna keep it light.

Everyone here is the same as you and they hate themselves for it so you'll get some insightful responses

or their kids' sports team

i mean lets be honest here, if your life amounts to your child's sports team its about time you be ok with being a boring person (and even being called one ocassionally) [and the off change your passion for a child's sports team is actually because you might be a pedophile, then you should go to jail]. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being boring and coasting through life, the problem arises though when boring people get insecure and try to overcompensate for the fact that they are fundamentally boring and will probably always be

you haven't met the right people.

i once saw this girl who thought was boring and meh, but when we met she's actually schizophrenic so it was a trip talking to her.

yeah, I can find common ground with anyone who has an interest in anything and is agreeable enough to entertain my opinion in a discussion. But I think I am interested in a large variety of things, many only in a theoretical sense, but everyone has something insightful to tell you, or even discussing something with them will help you better understand yourself.

You know there's this fallacy called something or other, where the human brain is hardwired to think of itself as a main protagonist, and everyone else are usually one dimensional side characters who only watch netflix and listen to that damn rap music.

Are people in general just boring, or am I too critical?

Neither. You're probably not smart enough to have more nuanced views on people in general and a lack of self reflection to have a better assessment of your part in the social exchange with your coworkers.

sheeple.png

you'll need to stop thinking that are people boring, cos that makes you preatty boring. there is always something interesting in every human. if don't see this, then i guess you have wrong pair of glasses.

It is indeed true that most everyone has an amazing backstory of a life, and each of them are living a life of adventure and crazy trippy fucking nutz shit. I've experienced a lot of greatness from some of the most "normal" people ever-- as these people are "the norm", they have crazy views on the world that I would never feel myself, like, "Money is everything", etc. So interacting with everyday type people is quite mindblowing, and I try to learn as much as I can from them, even if they will never create anything awe inspiring or even say something interesting. Because I feel like there is hidden wisdom in the words of some boring fucks. They've obviously lived a life different from me, so I can learn from that.

Despite all this, the problem of the general populace being boring is fucking true, and this is because modern society is based on creating worker slaves; not creating creative minds. I've found it true in my life anyway, that the most interesting people tend to have deep hobbies, or they have at one time or another been very, very proficient at something that is difficult. The most boring people tend to be those who have never been great at something and who don't have hobbies, other than maybe television. I think this has to do with the fact that for any skill to become great, a lot of hard work and TROUBLESHOOTING has to go into this hobby FOR YEARS ON END. And when one troubleshoots and thinks outside the box for years, it seems like other parts of the brain latch onto that, and these people have original or well thought out opinions on life and just things in general. Or maybe it's just as simple as... they had to think for a long time.

Yeeeah, but of course-- bottom line is that most people are interesting, even if they're boring. Most people might not be able to make you laugh or paradigm shift blow your mind like LSD on LSD on shrooms, but somewhere in their life there's some experience, that if you heard it, you'd nod cuz you learnt something or you'd go, "Holy shit."

Yeah, same here. It isn't difficult for me to be friends with someone who shares absolutely no common interests to myself, so long as I find their way of thinking relate-able. One of my good friends is a person who doesn't know anything about music, philosophy, poetry, etc. and just does athletic shit that I'm not even capable of and researches airplanes and locomotives, but it has no impact on our friendship. Common interests really don't mean shit, I think it's just valued because it's a good indicator of potentially compatible personalities.

I know, I know I'm a fucking prick. I just wish people wouldn't wait until they're drunk to act strange.

Well if everyone acts strange all the time, wouldn't that be the norm?

Maybe normal people are acting strange all the time.

Sometimes really boring conversations are great and soothing though, like a warm bath. I've had the same conversations a thousand times with, say, family members, but there's something nice about that. I'm not always in the mood for a super-deep talk about art or philosophy or whatever. Those conversations are great when they happen, especially with the right people, but it's important to find the beauty, or at least the simple pleasure, in people's everyday interests, boring though they often are.

Archived