IGNORED

Best RBMA Lectures/Studio Sciences

sheatheman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Red Bull sometimes although I prefer Monster on the rare occasion I want an energy drink.

I don't get why these RBMA things are so controversial, although I haven't seen one yet that wasn't at least a little awkward. The Mike Paradinas one was painful though, I felt bad for everyone involved.

RBMA is well good. Sure it's a drinks company but who else is gonna cough up the monies needed for this type of thing?
I have friends who've been and it was a life changingly gr8 experience for them.*

It used to be the church and royalty that were patrons of the arts, now it's big-ass corps. Welcome to the world.

*they didn't drink any redbull

RBMA is well good. Sure it's a drinks company but who else is gonna cough up the monies needed for this type of thing?
I have friends who've been and it was a life changingly gr8 experience for them.*

It used to be the church and royalty that were patrons of the arts, now it's big-ass corps. Welcome to the world. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*they didn't drink any redbull

Keep in mind that without RBMA, house & techno would be totally dead and not hip right now.

We're all would be dead and not hip without RBMA, god bless.

best lol on the forum i've had in awhile thank u

Keep in mind that without RBMA, house & techno would be totally dead and not hip right now.

please explain this, because of all the people who I know who make both I've never heard anything even remotely like this from them. without trying to be mean it sounds completely ludicrous. no offense

house has always been in fine fettle, i just like RBMA for getting producers of the caliber of Francois K or Ron Trent to discuss the music THEY love, the tunes they grew up with at home etc. Anthropologically, its a useful source and is 1 of the rare occasions where education & entertainment collaborate successfully

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the Brendan Gillen one is killer. I find myself watching that one maybe once a year. He is passionate about the history of music. I wish that fucker would release his book if he is actually still working on it.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because I just stumbled upon this weird thing RBMA did in co-op with Discogs:

http://marketwatch.redbullmusicacademy.com/

Apparently black metal vinyl is on the rise while free jazz sales make a nosedive...

"Breaking: Recent mixtape from Young Thug triggers renewed hunt for Roy Ayers samples"

Yeah the Brendan Gillen one is killer. I find myself watching that one maybe once a year. He is passionate about the history of music. I wish that fucker would release his book if he is actually still working on it.

He was/is writing a book? Man, I'd so buy that. The guy is a true niche historian.

She is just as cool as they come

She is insanely creative and cultured

She is aging extremely gracefully in all respects

She is a reasonable, mild-mannered radical (Marxist, situationist, feminist, etc)

She is exactly what a feminist should be

(Anytime someone praises someone like Beyoncé for being this feminist, strong, self-made creative woman I wanna throw a Stereolab record at them)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1L0Uw1BU9s

Sent from my pee-pee using poo-poo

(Anytime someone praises someone like Beyoncé for being this feminist, strong, self-made creative woman I wanna throw a Stereolab record at them)

We are all gorgeouise now.

Archived