IGNORED

2015 European Migrant Crisis

KovalainenFanBoy

The latter is reasonable-ish IMO, but if the welfare burden genuinely is overwhelming, why not just let refugees in but don't let them take benefits etc?

You don't see a problem with having thousands or tens of thousands of extra people in a country with no housing/food (etc... other benefits typically provided by the welfare state)??

Course I do, but it's better than them living in lawless warzones or in evergrowing shanties on the fringes of Europe. And it's presumably better than letting them all in with full benefits only for welfare states to crumble as a result (which I personally doubt would happen, but many have argued that it would).

Of course the best option would be for local states e.g. the Emirates to take some of the refugees, but they're cunts so that's unlikely

good point

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relevant

Blech - the phone in guy starts with the usual fear aspect, then the "analyst" makes a bunch of false equivalencies between Germany, Japan, and Iraq, Afghanistan. Post WW2, Germany and Japan were under the rule of law of their conquerors (Germany was under American/Russian rule, Japan was ruled by America - Afghanistan and Iraq have no real functional government, certainly not a powerful one) and additionally had not been created out of thin air a scant 70 years before their invasion (Iraq and Afghanistan were created after the breakup of UK dominance in the middle east). Then I stopped watching, because - what a waste of time.

Also I thought Germans were supposed to be good with numbers - Yes Merkel is allowing in 800,000 - that's 1% of Germany's population. Again I ask the question - how is that an invasion?

human beings move and always have done

how this is a surprise given current geo-political malaise to international institituions is what boils my piss

how long since the Arab Spring? What, everything was just gonna transition peacefully?

absolute piss take and shows humanity at its worst

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The map below shows the flow of asylum seekers toEuropean countries over time.

Each moving point on the map represents 25 people. That corresponds to approximately one busload with every other seat taken.

http://www.lucify.com/the-flow-towards-europe/?&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Facebook-berichten&utm_content=infographic_refugees&utm_term=15-12-8

lol at the control words, refugee and asylum seeker, it's illegal immigrants or illegal economic migrants. Only 1/5 of those coming from the eastern med claim to be syrian and of those many have false identification that they picked up in turkey. Their map ably displays this. It's a shame they don't show pakistan and bangladesh as well as india, given the huge flow coming from there and the fact that when you have seen those walking in from the east there are many faces that come from those domains as well as central asia as i have previously stated on here.

Archived