IGNORED

UFO'S

pyramidpanes

6 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

2) why are we so certain it's humans they're interested in? Maybe aliens have an alliance with dolphins or octopuses.

yep. like what if they stealthily arrived and were like "oh damn, there's jellyfish here? fuckin rad! let's find out what those dudes know." 

I mean it would make sense they'd be more interested in knowing how the self sufficient species on this planet survive here. humans can barely manage to flush a public toilet after taking a crap in it! 

and then there's the issue of humans believing aliens are really who they say they are. there are people in this country that probably wouldn't even believe it is a real alien anyway. it could be Obama dressed up in a green suit. or a secret liberal operation to scare us into not voting for orange guy next time. who knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

1) if I were an alien, I'd have no interest in ensuring humanity maintains itself.

2) why are we so certain it's humans they're interested in? Maybe aliens have an alliance with dolphins or octopuses.

3) how come electro music is so content-focussed on space/technology/alien matters

i'd go further and say what if the ufos are octopi? it's not a solid assumption to discount that other species attained forms of advancement. they may politely ignore the rude chimp situation, and disable a nuke here or there, when not donking the multiverse to visit the fomalhaut system or whatever.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, very honest said:

i'd go further and say what if the ufos are octopi? it's not a solid assumption to discount that other species attained forms of advancement. they may politely ignore the rude chimp situation, and disable a nuke here or there, when not donking the multiverse to visit the fomalhaut system or whatever.

not sure if this is what you meant by "the ufos are octopi," but if you are inferring that underwater sea life could in fact be aliens, then I'm totally on board with that. maybe aliens are supremely interested in what goes on at the bottom of the ocean, much more so than what we all are doing up here on land. or maybe they're actually down there in the depths trying to hide from us, knowing that we'd do something stupid to them...like lock them up in a facility, or try and eat them lol.

@Thu Zaw I think the electro connection with this is due to Drexciya, no? weren't they the ones that created the whole underwater/alien life thing back in the early '90s? or perhaps it goes back to Afrika Bambaataa saying some crazy future shit back in the '80s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chim said:

It's difficult to imagine that a flat infinite universe isn't teeming with life, but the distances of spacetime probably prevent most if not all communication and planet-cruising. Unless you're some kind of space sloth, it's hard to do any meaningful communication over thousands of light-years, let alone millions of them. Advanced civs are probably short-lived and self-destructive, and Dyson Spheres or Warp Drives are just fiction. We might be looking for the wrong biosignatures too, or just haven't scanned enough exoplanets... There are a shit ton out there. 

1 )  The universe is finite. Its possibilities of arrangement are infinite, but the universe itself is not. 

2 )  The universe isn't teeming with life, it itself is alive.

3 )  Spacetime is only a possibility of arrangement within the universe, it can fractalise into various other directions and non-directions.

4 )  The universe can't be understood in an absolute manner, neither through language and abstract thought, nor through experience (whereas the former is a subcategory of the latter).

5 )  The universe can be understood only through its own categories and processes.

6 )  The universe is not a mechanism, it's the flow of life.

7 )  The universe is not a totality, it's a process of becoming.

8 )  The universe is not a thing, but a becoming. It becomes through us and within us.

9 )  The universe is not a concept, but an active principle. It's an active principle that has become all that exists and can ever exist.

Edited by dingformung
"fractalise"
  • Like 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

personally, i think aliens would/will be extremely interested in tardigrades. they can survive in a vacuum for more than 100 years, can be fired from a gun, can live in extreme temperatures (eg. under 5 meters of ice in antartica) and unlike humans, aren't hurt by boiling water or nuclear explosions

i wouldn't be surprised in tardigrades are some form of life that came hear on the astroid that killed the dinosaurs

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

3 hours ago, zero said:
5 hours ago, very honest said:

Expand  

not sure if this is what you meant by "the ufos are octopi," but if you are inferring that underwater sea life could in fact be aliens, then I'm totally on board with that. maybe aliens are supremely interested in what goes on at the bottom of the ocean, much more so than what we all are doing up here on land. or maybe they're actually down there in the depths trying to hide from us, knowing that we'd do something stupid to them...like lock them up in a facility, or try and eat them lol.

lol

i meant non-alien, native species, that evolved advanced abilities. kind of a stretch and i'm half trolling but honestly i don't discount the possibility that something else evolved to an advanced state long before us. we have arguments for why we think this is not the case but perhaps they are flawed. i think we project what we imagine non-human technology would be like. what if crustaceans refined their shells to exploit some material science we don't know about at all? they could have tapped into godhead consciousness and distributed an enlightened, transcendant perspective to the individual organism nodes so they are not guided primarily by "self" motives, and thus we would not see the kind of individualist intelligence that we look for.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

Individuals serve as the eyes of the cosmic being (a universal octopus) whose tentacles they are. They are his sense organs. You are responsible for communicating with other beings. They pause when necessary to listen and take in the messages of these other beings. Finally, when there is an answer, they may send it on in their own way.

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

1 )  The universe is finite. Its possibilities of arrangement are infinite, but the universe itself is not. 

3 )  Spacetime is only a possibility of arrangement within the universe, it can fractalise into various other directions and non-directions.

4 )  The universe can't be understood in an absolute manner, neither through language and abstract thought, nor through experience (whereas the former is a subcategory of the latter).

5 )  The universe can be understood only through its own categories and processes.

8 )  The universe is not a thing, but a becoming. It becomes through us and within us.

9 )  The universe is not a concept, but an active principle. It's an active principle that has become all that exists and can ever exist.

Hoo boy! 

1) Our most recent and rigorous analyses of the CMB show no indication of curvature. A curved closed universe could very well be the case, it'd just be a lot bigger than we expect, but that would also mean there's a boatload of opportunities for life. A flat universe would likely be infinite and there's no real reason to suspect matter would "stop" in any direction. It eventually implies really weird stuff (infinite variations of Earth and yous). 

As for the other philosophical positions, I'm not really contesting them, but they're beyond the scope of this subject. 

Edited by chim
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Individuals serve as the eyes of the cosmic being (a universal octopus) whose tentacles they are. They are his sense organs. You are responsible for communicating with other beings. They pause when necessary to listen and take in the messages of these other beings. Finally, when there is an answer, they may send it on in their own way.

if you don't mind me asking, how were you able to pry open your 3rd eye? are you seeing 1's and 0's right now as you look around the room? I know some folks swear by psychedelics, but those always just make me clam up and turn into a babbling half mute, not really giving me the answers to anything really. u seem like ur so f'n woke right now dude.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I probably sound like a self-aggrandizing douche sometimes, and maybe I am. But I'm not writing this to pat myself on the back, or to make you think I'm some kind of all-encompassing genius or enlightened being. If someone is going to call me out for my mistakes, I can take that. I've made a lot of mistakes in my day, and I've learned from them. The point is, if you're always trying to be right, you'll never be anything but wrong.

all good man. just giving you a good natured ribbing because you've been posting a lot of enlightened type stuff on here recently. I do think there is value in some of the things you've been saying. but on the other hand, I don't take a lot of what is posted here too seriously. it's a form of entertainment after all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems

• Like 1

The universe may be flat and infinite (who knows, the cosmologists change they're opinion every few years) but our observable universe and even more the universe that is accessible to us even in theory is finite.

Here's a nice video about the theoretical limits of human expansion as per our current understanding of physics.

• Like 2

Also:

- meanings of words change depending on context and individual

- if the brain theory is true, then this theory could only be made via a brain, which is then used to read about brain theory, and the letters and words are created in the brain after a visual stimulus irritates the retina and only in the second step arise as an image (or a logical chain of images that we call "thought") in the brain (including neuroscience itself)

- therefore using language/texts/speech (as in reading scientific research or even producing your own studies) won't enable you to explain anything in its entirety

- a system like language can only refer to something that is within the limits of language, therefore reading about stuff can't teach you anything about things that are beyond the limits of language (which at the same time is constantly changing and shifting as there are no truly fixed definitions of words) 

A more plausible and meaningful (and also pleasant) way to "think" about this sort of stuff isn't in a scientific way (or in a "believing in science" way), but in an energetic/sensory way. Let words be words and books be books. Don't trust your own eyes, your memory and your future vision, your sense of time etc., or at least don't believe in the absolute truth of it. How do you describe the universe via a bird song? What's the difference between a bird song and human speech/text?

Maybe there are no individuals but just a universal being that creates all these different individuals/costumes/personas to play with itself, out of nothingness/emptiness. If that's the case, nothing is a thing and everything is becoming.

Which again, doesn't necessarily make any absolute sense, as we are using text again, and brains and vision as a brain function (if this is true, which isn't the actual question).

This text is an unidentified object flying on the canvas of your vision.

It's a bird, a plane, a black hole?

Even if it's a bird, it's not the whole bird, just a part of the bird (and also its wings are out of sight, so it could be a plane or a black hole).

Or is it just a picture of a bird?

A picture of a bird that's also a bird?

ufos are the undigested subconscious of the collective humanity materializing through the power of thought alone culminating in collective hallucinations reinforced through their common origin in the biologically common brains we are shjare. to make matters more confusing, they are also tourists from the most culoturally bloviated and decadent alien empire in the galaxy, also the most hated one, they are planning to colonize not just our land, but our brains.  its why theyre sculpting us through genetic engineering and actively working with bill gates himself, through jeffry epstein, to implant 5g chips in all of our blood streams so that the aliens can remotely vacation on earth through experiencing what it's like to be a human eating doritos and watching low budget romantic comedies on netflix

• Haha 1

The essence of the universe is action. Action implies a relationship between two or more entities. That relationship determines what happens next, which determines another relationship, until you reach a state where there is no longer any change. This state of no change, however, does not last long, because when it occurs again another entity comes along and changes it. Thus, there is never an absence of change, but only a series of cycles based on recurring patterns (patterns that are themselves determined by repeated interactions).

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

what if aliens don't speak English, then what? they'd be shot on sight if they landed their ship in the U S A.

maybe they'd be ok if they landed in Germany and had ding to talk to. he seems like he "gets" them.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

The essence of the universe is action. Action implies a relationship between two or more entities. That relationship determines what happens next, which determines another relationship, until you reach a state where there is no longer any change. This state of no change, however, does not last long, because when it occurs again another entity comes along and changes it. Thus, there is never an absence of change, but only a series of cycles based on recurring patterns (patterns that are themselves determined by repeated interactions).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

38 minutes ago, zero said:

what if aliens don't speak English, then what? they'd be shot on sight if they landed their ship in the U S A.

maybe they'd be ok if they landed in Germany and had ding to talk to. he seems like he "gets" them.

alien_semiotic_standard_icons_by_scotch_

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 2

life is organic, language is organic, technology is organic.  the spaghetti code is never going to be untangled, formally proven, and standardized.  the engineering designs will never be formalized and universalized.  the different alien civilizations will never merge their knowledge in a smoothening way.  everything will be combined through intermediary layers and ad-hoc connections.  the organic nature of the different civilizations will not unify, and should not.  communication with alien species is not as important as it seems.  what's more complex and more valuable is cooperation without communication.  the unspoken agreements that we all come to as a conclusion.  if it can't be done at that level, there is no hope for longterm sustainable multi-species societies.  in a post scarcity scenario such an agreement would not only be possible but reasonable and desirable.  im just typing words

• Like 2