IGNORED

Andy Stott - Too Many Voices

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd never heard this artist before. Judging from earlier comments, I wouldn't like his earlier stuff but this album is good. 'Butterflies' is lovely.

• 6 months later...

"See what 'appens, should be or'right"

I could listen to this track alllllllll daaaaayyyyyyy.

This is the banger on the album fletcher!

I think I appreciate Faith in Strangers more after listening to this record. How It Was is classic Stotter right there. Either way, he has some brilliant synth chords on all of his albums, very post-ravey, melancholic city dwelling, soul impeaching music.

Butterflies and New Romantic are two of the best tracks on Too Many Voices. I hope this is the direction he will continue with. I don't find his earlier stuff to be very listenable at all.

• 2 months later...

Yeah so I am probably the last person on WATMM to give this a proper listen (fuck off, I'm getting old) but this album is really getting under my skin. Got me thinking all kinds of whimsical thoughts about gain staging and shit. I don't know his back catalog at all but now I think I want to listen to all of it. I don't really care if it sounds nothing like this. 

• 9 months later...

Passed Me By / We Stay Together is still his apex imho, though I like the trajectory he's taken since.  Would like to hear something sans-vocals next time around but I doubt that'll happen given his success with the current formula.

Archived