IGNORED

Andy Stott - Too Many Voices

According to the label, the album takes inspiration from both the music of Yellow Magic Orchestra and grime as well as referencing This Mortal Coil and Dead Can Dance, offering “a vision of the future as was once imagined.”

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

influenced by grime? ok i guess

last one seemed influenced by euphonium warm-ups so this seems like an improvement

Agreed with all of this (I loved the title track though) but the mention of This Mortal Coil, Dead Can Dance, and Yellow Magic Orchestra has got me tuned in.

According to the label, the album takes inspiration from both the music of Yellow Magic Orchestra and grime as well as referencing This Mortal Coil and Dead Can Dance, offering “a vision of the future as was once imagined.”

Based on his past work and that concept, this seems promising

Guest bitroast

too-many-voices.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Waiting For You
2. Butterflies
3. New Romantic
4. First Night Alone
5. Forgotten
6. Selfish
7. On My Mind
8. Over
9. Too Many Voices

He's not on my auto-order list anymore. Last one was complete drivel and the Millie and Andrea on had one great track if we're being honest. Luxury problems had an ironic title given the cost of ML releases.

We stay together and passed me by still the best covers, still the best tunes.

Anyway I'll listen to this on spotify

We stay together and passed me by still the best covers, still the best tunes.

Agree he is stil auto buy for me though but hoping I like this new one more than his last 2.

His early work is also underrated imo more staight up dubby techno but so good.

Oh man what boring shit is this ! sounds like a simple drumkit demo track, where are his epic emotional moments ? his great drum arrangements (drmbass meets 4/4 ) and so on......

also very mainstream sounds, sure this is going to sell well

Archived