IGNORED

PANTONE COLOR FOR TRI REP COVER

dr lopez

Taking the image from WARP's website (a Google Images search for the Tri Rep cover results in a huge difference in colour variations, so let's assume WARP's image is the accurate one) and using this tool:

http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/pms/pms_color_in_image.php

Results in a listing of Pantone colour shades that match the cover.

I've attached the image I used in case the link above doesn't link to the results

trirep.jpg

Would be a lovely base colour for an Autechre forum theme...

definitely feel like my cd sleeve is closer to the one i posted but i'm at work right now.

Would be a lovely base colour for an Autechre forum theme...

yes

or an lp5 theme where you can't see the text unless the light hits it at the right angle

I have two CD copies (can't remember if one is TVT or if they are both Warp, but they do have different stickers on the plastic cover).

Yeah, they are shiny, resulting in a gradient from the base darker color to a lighter color. But also (!) it seems to range from brown to green to grey, like it occupies some field of colors, not just a single-dimension range on a plot of hue vs value.

Kinda makes me want to make a gif animated to light angle.

Yeah, they are shiny, resulting in a gradient from the base darker color to a lighter color. But also (!) it seems to range from brown to green to grey, like it occupies some field of colors, not just a single-dimension range on a plot of hue vs value.

lol @ Autechre subforum

lol @ Autechre subforum

As always, helping watmm remain the most comforting place on the internet

it's like, brown green, right?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/does-this-colour-turn-you-off-20120816-24bf4.html

IS PANTONE 448C the world’s ugliest colour?

google image search pulls up a bunch of different shades for the cover but what i pulled looks pretty close

It indeed looks pretty close. And it would be amazing if they chose the color based on the fact that it's unappealing (of course the study wasn't out at that time but I'm pretty sure they might already have had that feeling !)

wasn't it a metallic?

yeah, something close to 8700 maybe?

edit: that's just by looking at swatch books.. maybe I'll do as dr lopez is gonna do and take the LP in to work tomorrow

It really depends on what media you're trying to reproduce the colour for... if it's for print, then yeah probably a metallic PANTONE colour. If it's for screen, you're only going to get an approximation, for obvious reasons.

Archived