IGNORED

Welp looks like North Korea were the sane ones after all

Entorwellian

http://qz.com/821612/a-rasputinesque-mystery-woman-and-a-cultish-religion-could-take-down-south-koreas-president-park-geun-hye/

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/south-koreas-prosecutors-raid-homes-offices-of-presidential-aides-in-probe-over

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/29/south-korea-president-orders-10-staff-members-to-resign-amid-worsening-crisis

South Korea's president has been taking her orders from a religious cultist from a group called "The Eight Goddnesses" and the population is collectively throwing their shit. Apparently this isn't being reported in western media because Samsung's pulling strings with the media in S.K. but there are mass protests being staged.

I've seen at least a half a dozen stories on this all over my Feedly and Google News feeds. That's a lot more than much international news gets, so the assertion that this isn't being reported on by the Western media is incorrect.

We live in a world where the president of the united states went on live TV and said to billions of people around the world that god told him to invade IRAQ, obviously this is typical human behavior 

Now they'll bring in Sum Yun Guy to take over

What's wrong with you?

Also this thing is of course, being blown way out of proportion.

Edit: it's legit in that yes, Park took advice from a woman she shouldn't have, and that she probably made some pretty poor policy decisions as a result. There's also influence peddling, so this Choi woman is geting rich and helping others in her family get rich.

The cult bullshit is nonsense - but it sells the headlines. Also note that Koreans love them some drama, and they also love rounding on the political elite at any opportunity.

It remains to be seen if the current president will hit the popularity lows of two of her predecessors.

and they also love rounding on the political elite at any opportunity.

They probably have a tendency to be hypercritical of their politicians/authority figures, perhaps a byproduct of their proximity to DPRK and the relative craziness of leaders from there?

George Sorors is part of the elite too just because he donates to democrats doesn't mean we should excuse his tactics, he is the koch brothers of the left, all those type of guys are creepy, their greasy hands all over media 

The media is trying to blind us all from a more important truth...:

926596fc73fadc74a03a639b60968884.jpg

How would the public react if they find out that our recent technology boom came from reverse engineering various crashed UFOs 

I can't wait until we finally make contact with aliens and force them into sexual slavery

I can't wait to discover what hyper-acid their alien vajays have as lube.

Insta cock meltoff.

They probably have a tendency to be hypercritical of their politicians/authority figures, perhaps a byproduct of their proximity to DPRK and the relative craziness of leaders from there?

Nothing to do with the leaders of DPRK (who are assuredly not crazy). They just like bitching at authority figures - they can do it now without fear of imprisonment or death. Same tendency in Japan, newly elected PM starts out with high ratings, and then sinks (usually rapidly) as he fails to do anything of note that doesn't piss off someone.

Nothing to do with the leaders of DPRK (who are assuredly not crazy). They just like bitching at authority figures - they can do it now without fear of imprisonment or death. Same tendency in Japan, newly elected PM starts out with high ratings, and then sinks (usually rapidly) as he fails to do anything of note that doesn't piss off someone.

I don't base my assessment of the leaders of DPRK solely on the media. 

More so on the books you recommended I read. They seem like proper nutjobs to me.... 

I don't base my assessment of the leaders of DPRK solely on the media. 

More so on the books you recommended I read. They seem like proper nutjobs to me.... 

The DPRK and ROK are less than 70 years old. They are populated by ethnic Koreans who have the cultural and social history until the post-WWII civil war that created two governments split arbitrarily after a ceasefire in 1953. Millions of Koreans on both sides have relatives that live in the other country. Canada and the US literally more different in culturally than the DPRK and ROK.

The immense cult of personality and authoritative establishment in the DPRK tapped into the exact same cultural tendencies and traits (ancestor worship, concentrated business and social elites in power) that shape authoritarian politics in the ROK. The only major difference is the North went with USSR and PRC influenced communism and the ROK went with a US steered anti-communist regime. The Cold War produced the more nuanced differences now and the recent democratization in the ROK makes them starkly more modern and pro democratic in comparison to the isolated and insular North. 

What's wrong with you?

Also this thing is of course, being blown way out of proportion.

Edit: it's legit in that yes, Park took advice from a woman she shouldn't have, and that she probably made some pretty poor policy decisions as a result. There's also influence peddling, so this Choi woman is geting rich and helping others in her family get rich.

The cult bullshit is nonsense - but it sells the headlines. Also note that Koreans love them some drama, and they also love rounding on the political elite at any opportunity.

It remains to be seen if the current president will hit the popularity lows of two of her predecessors.

I was about to say, the ROK is basically a technocracy right? The extent of this scandal is pretty immense and prime for a media circus but considering the history of the country I wasn't shocked by it at all.

Also, her father was a military dictator until he was assassinated in 1979. I don't think many westerners actually grasp the fact that democratic reform didn't actually come to South Korea until the 80s, the same decade one of their presidents was actually sentenced to death for his culpability to a massacre. They spent decades modernizing while under a State of Emergency. It's a completely different context than if say this scandal hit a EU country or the US.

I can't wait until we finally make contact with aliens and force them into sexual slavery

I can't wait to discover what hyper-acid their alien vajays have as lube.

Insta cock meltoff.

*Smiles distantly at the prospect*

*ahem* I mean yeah of course that would be horrible who wants liquidick

*secretly longs for liquidick*

How would the public react if they find out that our recent technology boom came from reverse engineering various crashed UFOs 

That's impossible - extraterrestrials wouldn't be as backwards to get rid of headphone jacks and function keys...

Archived