IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

lololol

and in regards to "is trump the most american product ever" i would say more or less yes, but more specifically he's the sort of ignorance that has held murica back for the last several decades personified. pretty much everything i loathe about the worst parts of america are all found in the man. the only good thing i can say is at least he's not as much of a batshit religious nut like most other republicans, though maybe knowing the big man upstairs is watching may somehow rein him in. having said that, i seriously think that if a reporter asked him if he was god he would respond with "absolutely not... well, maybe" and do that dumb fucking shrug.

He's properly supported by all those evangelical witless quacks though

Trump Promised to Protect Steel. Layoffs Are Coming Instead.

Foreign steel makers have rushed to get their product into the United States before tariffs start. According to the American Iron and Steel Institute, which tracks shipments, steel imports were 19.4 percent higher in the first 10 months of 2017 than in the same period last year.

That surge of imports has hurt American steel makers, which were already struggling against a glut of cheap Chinese steel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier this year, tariffs seemed imminent. Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary, said in late May that he expected to conclude the steel investigation by the end of June.

And in early June, Mr. Trump told a crowd in Cincinnati, “Wait till you see what I’m going to do for steel and your steel companies,” vowing that he would “stop the dumping” of products at superlow prices by other countries.

“We’ll be seeing that very soon. The steel folks are going to be very happy,” he said.

But the announcement never came.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/business/economy/trump-steel-industry-layoffs.html?hpw&rref=business&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

"I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

It's glorious! :)

He had to make a public apology. And at this point nobody in the Netherlands will take him seriously. Really fitting as he's representing the Trump government.

Note the subtle difference between representing the US and representing the Trump government. You see similar things happening with the Paris agreements about climate policy. The US is still involved. It's just that the rest of the world sees the Trump government as a lame duck. The orange dog barks a lot, but has no biting power.

i was pretty glad in november last year when the nyt was reporting on the fake news circulating facebook and twitter which had influenced the election. palpably false stories on shit websites of sheer propagada. it was interesting when, as soon as the "liberal media" started reporting on this phenomenon, donny coopted the term, applying it to cnn and such. reminds me of elementary school

It's glorious! :)

He had to make a public apology. And at this point nobody in the Netherlands will take him seriously. Really fitting as he's representing the Trump government.

Note the subtle difference between representing the US and representing the Trump government. You see similar things happening with the Paris agreements about climate policy. The US is still involved. It's just that the rest of the world sees the Trump government as a lame duck. The orange dog barks a lot, but has no biting power.

Instead of an embarrassment of riches, America now has a richness of embarrassment.