IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I just read somewhere that Trump and his wife danced to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor during an NYE party at his Florida whatever and I can't stop loling at the thought.

Wait, so some of them maybe thought they were speaking off the record, but also they were being recorded? So Wolff was secretly recording them? Or am I combining two groups that aren't necessarily overlapping?

this presidency... omg

one minute you think it couldn't get any worse, and the next minute....wait what!?

and people are scared of normalisation.... nothing normal going on here. absolutely nothing. the only suggesting of a normalisation is a complete silence from GOP. that might appear as normalisation, but isn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/marijuana-legalization-justice-department-prosecutions.html

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Thursday will free federal prosecutors to more aggressively enforce marijuana laws, effectively threatening to undermine the legalization movement that has spread to six states, most recently California.

The Justice Department is expected to rescind an Obama-era policy of discouraging federal prosecutors from bringing charges of marijuana-related crimes in states that had legalized sales of the drug.

Big govt. is bad, except when it's good

Here we've been thinking Texas was going to secede from the union, but the feds are basically begging California to with this, the tax cut rules, sanctuary state issues, etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/marijuana-legalization-justice-department-prosecutions.html

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Thursday will free federal prosecutors to more aggressively enforce marijuana laws, effectively threatening to undermine the legalization movement that has spread to six states, most recently California.

The Justice Department is expected to rescind an Obama-era policy of discouraging federal prosecutors from bringing charges of marijuana-related crimes in states that had legalized sales of the drug.

Big govt. is bad, except when it's good

This will not fly in states in which marijuana is already legalized (including my own). It simply won't.

Wait, so some of them maybe thought they were speaking off the record, but also they were being recorded? 

That's what it sounds like.

At least in Canada, that doesn't matter though - only one party to a conversation has to know the conversation is being recorded here. You can't place a recording device in a room you aren't in, but if you're in a room and recording it it's legal.

Not sure if it's the same in the US though - if it's different that'd be a pretty stupid thing to admit, illegally recording people.

edit: quick search suggests it varies from state to state?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

\

trump is right to say that bannon doesn't represent his base\

This is BS, most of Trump's base is Braitbart's base

Breaitbart created the rhetoric, trump repeated it during the campaign, thats why all those chimps that read breaitbart loved trump from the start, he was telling them what they have been reading on breaitbart for years.

i like how you accidentally pre-emptively addressed your own bullshit with a preface, kinda reads like "so, this is bs, but..."

:p

i challenge you to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that the majority of trump voters are brietbart reading juvinile shitlords, half of whom can't even vote. this represents a decent chunk of his base, but he won largely with disaffected middle class voters and boomers. also racists, he's hyuge with racists. i understand this includes many sub categories, but that's also the point...i bet many us watmmers have grandparents who voted for trump. also parents. i doubt these people read brietbart. i get where you're coming from regarding the source of trump's rhetoric, but that doesn't mean that bannon represents anyone but himself and selected private interests.

okay lets think about it. Out of the people who voted from trump first you have to separate the conservatives who always vote republicans and the MAGA crowd, those two are completely different types of conservatives. Once you remove the always republican from the equation. you are left with MAGA and Hilary haters. The always republicans and the hilary haters are not trump's base, Trump's base is the MAGA people and if you look at the tenets of MAGA they are straight out of Breitbart and Steve Bannon's brain (nationalism,xenophobia).

All trump did to win the primaries was repeat Breitbart headlines, he was speaking directly to the breitbart readers, he energized them because he was the first candidate that "thinks" like them, he won the primary with their vote. Once he became the republican candidate he gain all the always vote republican votes.

The only people that still support trump and feel energize about his presidency is the MAGA crowd (a few partisan republicans here and there).

I guess my point is, Trump sold Breitbart's rhetoric, people bought it but trump is just the salesman, Bannon made the rhetoric.

Edited by Deer