IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

We are approaching the dawn of a new renaissance - a new age of nationalism and human liberty. BUT only if Trump helps to bring the power back to state and local government.

Something has changed alright. But I'm not so sure it's going to be your kind of change.

Seeing Glenn Beck making sense again, is ... wtf is going on

Can't think of any objective reasons to call Hillary corrupt, tbh. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but all the stories I'm seeing are just different kinds of birther stories.

What she has done doesn't necessarily break the law. It is simply money influenced, and I view her as a fairly corrupt politician. She takes legal indirect bribes, that she herself pushed for, and which has worked.

Off the top of my head: Glass-Steagall (ugh money in politics, there should be very little money in politics, WHY would they push to get this passed when there's no reason for money), voting for the Iraq war, not voting for gay marriage, pipelines, potentially shitty trade deals, voting against (like 60% of) environmental reform that was justified, once supporting universal healthcare, and then after receiving many donations deciding Obamacare is good enough. Uhhh the DNC doing various small things to ensure Hillary's victory, then only the person running the DNC getting shafted because of it, then subsequently getting a job WITH hillary. Super-predators.... uh... ok that's enough.

There is a reason companies WEREN'T supporting Bernie. They know Hillary will do good by them. She's bought out. I mean, it's just obvious man.

I don't understand why this isn't clearly evident.

That's all I have to say. I'm tired of arguing about Hillary. She is in the past now. As I said, hopefully this will be a lesson to the DNC to choose someone who is more respected. Understand, I think things would have remained the same with Hillary as the president and I would choose her over a living spray tan any day. I think the Bernie or Bust thing wasn't rational.

Edited by Brisbot

ideal scenario: orangeman spends a year in office failing to put most of his ridiculous/aggressive/idiotic platform policies into practice when faced with the realities of politics/negotiation/power-balancing, quickly disenfranchises his former support base and gets assassinated by someone in the lunatic fringes, thus wrecking his administration and discrediting the people that put it in place both.

course then someone would have to take over... but this scenario is based on the assumption that the Republicans'd be able to muster someone better. (a big assumption, then.)

ideal scenario: orangeman spends a year in office failing to put most of his ridiculous/aggressive/idiotic platform policies into practice when faced with the realities of politics/negotiation/power-balancing, quickly disenfranchises his former support base and gets assassinated by someone in the lunatic fringes, thus wrecking his administration and discrediting the people that put it in place both.

course then someone would have to take over... but this scenario is based on the assumption that the Republicans'd be able to muster someone better. (a big assumption, then.)

None of this changes the frightening fact that the majority of American people voted for a total fucking psycho who ran a campaign of hate with blatant racism at its core. Nothing can change that. That is the worst thing of all. 

None of this changes the frightening fact that the majority of American people voted for a total fucking psycho who ran a campaign of hate with blatant racism at its core. Nothing can change that. That is the worst thing of all. 

that is true. but there's no easy solution to that.

lol Considering he has a hardcore republican as his VP... He'll be a simple figurehead, and Republicans will end up passing a lot of things. I honestly do think there will be a flat tax of 15%, in addition to all the loopholes rich people have to lower their taxes even more. Only us plebs will be paying to fix roads. Rich people will become richer. And at the end of the term, the deteriorating lifestyle of the Republican will STILL blame a minority of Muslims and illegal immigrants for all the problems they've caused themselves, even though their lives will only get worse, along with ours.

Anyway... what music have you guys been into lately?

Edited by Brisbot

lol Considering he has a hardcore republican as his VP... He'll be a simple figurehead, and Republicans will end up passing a lot of things. I honestly do think there will be a flat tax of 15%, in addition to all the loopholes rich people have to lower their taxes even more. Only us plebs will be paying to fix roads. Rich people will become richer. And at the end of the term, the deteriorating lifestyle of the Republican will STILL blame a minority of Muslims and illegal immigrants for all the problems they've caused themselves, even though their lives will only get worse, along with ours.

Anyway... what music have you guys been into lately?

currently listening to this

yeah exactly, goppers had a wide choice of the usual, conservative, good ol' fucked-up-in-the head republicans in the primaries, but they chose this creature overwhelmingly instead. the whole idea of "someone better" is all backwards right now.

yeah exactly, goppers had a wide choice of the usual, conservative, good ol' fucked-up-in-the head republicans in the primaries, but they chose this creature overwhelmingly instead. the whole idea of "someone better" is all backwards right now.

Not everyone who voted Trump voted because they're racist. There are MORE demographics Trump appealed too. He appealed to the anti-establishment crowd since (for some reason) many of them thought that just because Trump was a reality TV star and not a politican, he wouldn't be as bad as Hillary... for some reason. 4 sum reason

I was a Republican about 6-8 years ago (before I realized how to fact check I guess), and since I am surrounded by family who are Republicans (why I was a republican). They honestly think the economy and everything will become better if a R is in office, and I'd say only one or two are VERY racist, a few more casual racists, but there are those who aren't racist at all, and are very nice/sincere people who were raised republican (and Christian). I mean it's not true, but at the end of the day don't forget that regardless of what party you're in, everyone just wants a better life, and the way their life has played out has brought them to the point they are. There is only so much control people have over what they believe.

Edited by Brisbot

Can't think of any objective reasons to call Hillary corrupt, tbh. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but all the stories I'm seeing are just different kinds of birther stories.

What she has done doesn't necessarily break the law. It is simply money influenced, and I view her as a fairly corrupt politician. She takes legal indirect bribes, that she herself pushed for, and which has worked.

Off the top of my head: Glass-Steagall (ugh money in politics, there should be very little money in politics, WHY would they push to get this passed when there's no reason for money), voting for the Iraq war, not voting for gay marriage, pipelines, potentially shitty trade deals, voting against (like 60% of) environmental reform that was justified, once supporting universal healthcare, and then after receiving many donations deciding Obamacare is good enough. Uhhh the DNC doing various small things to ensure Hillary's victory, then only the person running the DNC getting shafted because of it, then subsequently getting a job WITH hillary. Super-predators.... uh... ok that's enough.

There is a reason companies WEREN'T supporting Bernie. They know Hillary will do good by them. She's bought out. I mean, it's just obvious man.

I don't understand why this isn't clearly evident.

That's all I have to say. I'm tired of arguing about Hillary. She is in the past now. As I said, hopefully this will be a lesson to the DNC to choose someone who is more respected. Understand, I think things would have remained the same with Hillary as the president and I would choose her over a living spray tan any day. I think the Bernie or Bust thing wasn't rational.

No need to argue. I just read that list as her having made different political decisions than you'd have liked. That's political disagreement. Not corruption, imo.

Not interested to dissect any political judgment made by her. Not because I necessarily disagree with her on all those as well, btw. I mean, the obamacare deal was the obvious best step forward at that point in time, imo. But doesn't matter anymore. Soon you might have no obamacare at all. And no universal care either.