IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

So this is what living in a post-factual world, where nothing matters, is like.

facts only matter for a minority of people who can think for themselves. Feelings are what drive humans.

It's apparent that a lot of people FEEL that mexicans are taking over the country EVEN THOUGH ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS LESS THAN 1% and they're ALREADY segregated by economic class. But if they're told something often enough they will come to believe it.

Edited by Brisbot

this does feel pretty unreal, it's as if the laws of physics changed overnight. before you thought x,y,z are good and right and things are going in a particular direction, but now it seems like they aren't. a new world with its own logic.

that was predicted, the market will balance out in the coming weeks

someone made a ton of cake shorting it. 

this does feel pretty unreal, it's as if the laws of physics changed overnight. before you thought x,y,z are good and right and things are going in a particular direction, but now it seems like they aren't. a new world with its own logic.

i'm investing in pork futures. 

So this is what living in a post-factual world, where nothing matters, is like.

facts only matter for a minority of people who can think for themselves. Feelings are what drive humans.

It's apparent that a lot of people FEEL that mexicans are taking over the country EVEN THOUGH ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS LESS THAN 1% and they're ALREADY segregated by economic class. But if they're told something often enough they will come to believe it.

To be fair though. Similar arguments can be made about the "establishment".

well, now that you mention it: gravity might not exist at all. at least not in the classic way we thought we understood

https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.02269

There is an establishment though. I mean, it isn't totally corrupt or anything, but it's there. And it doesn't have the people's interest in mind really.

No one can be totally objective. But I think it's important to try to be as objective as you can. Most things have gray areas, of course. I think Hillary is corrupt, however I don't think she will throw America under the bus. Donald however... remains to be seen.

Democracy is broken and that's why hate filled demagoguery is in vogue. It's a symptom of how inter-mingled politics is with the financial industry which has gotten so big that it undermines democracy.

I think what I'm worried about the most is Global Warming. It'll be interesting to see how many more species Trump will be responsible for killing. I wonder if he'll keep his promise to get rid of the EPA... well he called it something totally different

TRUMP: Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace.ÿEvery week they come out with new regulations.

Q: Who's going to protect the environment?

TRUMP: We'll be fine with the environment. We can leave a little bit, but you can't destroy businesses.

I HOPE this will be a wake up call for America, and we will come out better for it in 4 years.

gonna go to sleep now.. half drunk. half not believing it. but really believing it.  hoping trump just chases domestic economy and does infrastructure as first priority. 

dems have 4 years from right now to figure shit out. 

again.. sorry world.. for whatever horrible dark nightmare happens to foreig policy.. 

oh, and tell me again how rape allegations can ruin a man's career? 

There is an establishment though. I mean, it isn't totally corrupt or anything, but it's there. And it doesn't have the people's interest in mind really.

No one can be totally objective. But I think it's important to try to be as objective as you can. Most things have gray areas, of course. I think Hillary is corrupt, however I don't think she will throw America under the bus. Donald however... remains to be seen.

Can't think of any objective reasons to call Hillary corrupt, tbh. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but all the stories I'm seeing are just different kinds of birther stories.

i'm ready for dictator trump. so glad i went out to the bars to get lit instead of watching the fuck-up that is the current world.

all hail the new world order. i really hope pence begins a trump youth movement to (you know) get ready for war.