IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Howard Stern, the famous radio show host, said Wednesday that he wished his longtime friend, President Trump, did not run for president because he is concerned about his mental health because “he just wants to be liked.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/02/04/howard-stern-says-trump-wants-to-be-loved.html

"There are a lot of killers," Trump responded, "We've got a lot of killers. What do you think? Our country's so innocent?"

this guy... 

the red pill - gamergate - alt-right venn diagram fascinates me. i'm sure there are folks in all these groups that have legitimate cases for the charge "unfair overlap!". just seems like young male frustration is such a powerful and destructive force that our society is bad at managing, or maybe there's just tons of room for improvement here. of course, young male frustration is probably what underlies terrorism of all kinds.

it wasn't that long ago that 17 Women Reproduced for Every One Man. and you know, all the dudes (and girls) walking around today are descended from the winners of those games. intense!

We need to talk about the online radicalisation of young, white men

If there are folks on here who think my linking of these groups is totally unfair, i claim ignorance. tell me how i'm wrong.

just some stuff swimming around in my head. sorry if this is junky.

I think your point is worth considering mamm.... I've attributed this all to just poor culture. Poison culture. And it's happened before and will happen again, humans just repeat the same patterns over and over. 

yeah i mean. i'm NOT saying all trump supporters are in these categories. but i think many of his younger male supporters are. and they definitely played an important role keeping his campaign going in early on.

i wish society was more supportive of young men channeling their frustrations into doing drugs and making art. 

oh, huckabee you POS

clicking through some of the thread in those tweets there's links to a story about huckabee's son who when a young man hung a dog from a tree while out on a boyscout trip. 

all these people are shit. 

Edited by ignatius

this new weird right wing memester /pol/ group is probably the outlier in trump's voter base. if these people actually even voted for trump. i can't tell through the highly curated irony and awkward attempts at bridging real life and the internet. i'm looking at that shia labeouf stream thing right now and there's guys from 4chan dancing around with their shirts off drinking milk. they all have hitler youth haircuts. real weird vibes. i can't tell what's real with these people anymore. anyway, these aren't the majority of trump voters. the majority of trump voters are white americans in rust belt states who work a lot and think there's a link between immigration and terrorism, job loss, "us v them", "america doesn't owe you anything" while demanding america bail them out because they either work in dying industries and didn't adapt or overspent in an economy that is collapsing. these people are what's left of the working class and they believe steve bannon's lies. and then there's the two groups on either side of that. the working poor in states like west virginia who live in towns that are ravaged by the heroin epidemic and absolutely no job prospects or options for education, and the rich who want tax breaks and resent the liberals elitists who exist in a closed system on the two coasts. i encounter these people all the time in virginia and dc. there were trump signs everywhere as soon as you stepped outside of the dc metro area, and those rich northern counties were the only reason that state went blue at election time. there is no "alt right", only splinters of different groups within trump's base, many of whom voted for him out of desperation, fear or contrarianism. 

the biggest irony to the anti-PC right-wing rhetoric, and the reason it continues to fail to ever take hold, is that the same people who talk the talk can't walk the walk. they call people snowflakes or whiney liberals or cry babies etc. but will cry foul at any criticism leveled at them with any ounce of snark, insensitivity, or nastiness. I've actually encountered this IRL - the double standard and hypocrisy is immense. 

they dish it out but can't take it.

to quote michelle obama the only way to win is take the high road when they take the low. the results will never be immediate and they will ultimately eat their own words but it is a gradual road full of frustration and bafflement. also I remind myself that far more people in the past century had to live with fascism, unabashed racism, gross systematic injustice and how much they were sneered and silenced by those in power without any outlet online, through any form of accessible media, or in easily planned mass protests. we have to remind ourselves we are not alone. those in the wrong can ignore the facts and spew lies but ultimately those things will not last.

the biggest irony to the anti-PC right-wing rhetoric, and the reason it continues to fail to ever take hold, is that the same people who talk the talk can't walk the walk. they call people snowflakes or whiney liberals or cry babies etc. but will cry foul at any criticism leveled at them with any ounce of snark, insensitivity, or nastiness. I've actually encountered this IRL - the double standard and hypocrisy is immense. 

they dish it out but can't take it.

to quote michelle obama the only way to win is take the high road when they take the low. the results will never be immediate and they will ultimately eat their own words but it is a gradual road full of frustration and bafflement. also I remind myself that far more people in the past century had to live with fascism, unabashed racism, gross systematic injustice and how much they were sneered and silenced by those in power without any outlet online, through any form of accessible media, or in easily planned mass protests. we have to remind ourselves we are not alone. those in the wrong can ignore the facts and spew lies but ultimately those things will not last.

thin skin. yes. none more so than the orange hitler. and i hope you're right. if people keep protesting and stalking trump at mira lago in palm beach etc maybe it'll start to sink in and maybe in 4 years we can dump the nightmare and move on. 

until then... 

this new weird right wing memester /pol/ group is probably the outlier in trump's voter base. if these people actually even voted for trump. i can't tell through the highly curated irony and awkward attempts at bridging real life and the internet. i'm looking at that shia labeouf stream thing right now and there's guys from 4chan dancing around with their shirts off drinking milk. they all have hitler youth haircuts. real weird vibes. i can't tell what's real with these people anymore. anyway, these aren't the majority of trump voters. the majority of trump voters are white americans in rust belt states who work a lot and think there's a link between immigration and terrorism, job loss, "us v them", "america doesn't owe you anything" while demanding america bail them out because they either work in dying industries and didn't adapt or overspent in an economy that is collapsing. these people are what's left of the working class and they believe steve bannon's lies. and then there's the two groups on either side of that. the working poor in states like west virginia who live in towns that are ravaged by the heroin epidemic and absolutely no job prospects or options for education, and the rich who want tax breaks and resent the liberals elitists who exist in a closed system on the two coasts. i encounter these people all the time in virginia and dc. there were trump signs everywhere as soon as you stepped outside of the dc metro area, and those rich northern counties were the only reason that state went blue at election time. there is no "alt right", only splinters of different groups within trump's base, many of whom voted for him out of desperation, fear or contrarianism. 

jep lol