IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Okay but bait to disguise what? To dictate narrative? To deflect attention? The WH and Trump are as dumb as they look and sound. 

bait may not be the quite the right word. but it seems clear to me that this terrorist/muslim ban stuff seems primarily race-motivated and secondarily and effort to setup gains to be made after the next and inevitable attack. when something happens, they will say "see! the media is to blame! see! the courts are to blame! so are our political opponents!" i really can't tell how cynical/calculating this crew is. although bannon has said repeatedly that he wants to destroy things so they can be remade. so this really may be part of a narrative he's trying to setup.

or they're incompetent?

perhaps if the trump hadn't made good on election promises they would have seen severe backlash from supporters

bannon's leninist leanings have a mighty established bureaucracy to topple so that seems far fetched 

ultimately trumps team just look dumber and dumber by the day

i cant imagine spicer getting mays name wrong repeatedly, conway brazenly telling falsehoods, or spelling mistakes in the terrorist attack/media neglect thing out today to be intentional, or the botched muslim ban roll out or the inauguration picture bs, or the prayer breakfast farce, or the black history sit down whatever its called jokes or bannon being voted onto the security council without trump's knowledge etc etc etc etc etc 

american exceptionalism 

also the most dangerous.

Trump doesn't seem to be a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger, maybe we'll get to see a real-life Running Man?

The Running Man was set in the year 2017 btw :psyduck:

so after all the hoopla and betsy devos will still become education secretary? wow

didn't she donate $200 million to the republican party? money wins again.

Pence broke the tie by voting, first time a VP has done so in history.

They'll spin this by saying Dems are obstructionists, the other argument is no on other nominee has ever been this unqualified, including when GOP nominated folks with Dem majorities.

so after all the hoopla and betsy devos will still become education secretary? wow

havent followed the details (or followed the link), but if pences vote was necessary for devoss' approval, the positive is that if she screws up, the administration could actually be held responsible for not only proposing but also approving devos. this might be political gibberish for some of you, but essentially this is all about shifting the burden of responsibility towards the administration.

didn't she donate $200 million to the republican party? money wins again.

yup. she also defunded public schools or something along those lines. basically, she's the least experienced person to be secretary of education

havent followed the details (or followed the link), but if pences vote was necessary for devoss' approval, the positive is that if she screws up, the administration could actually be held responsible for not only proposing but also approving devos. this might be political gibberish for some of you, but essentially this is all about shifting the burden of responsibility towards the administration.

unfortunately that won't happen. trump recently wrote (on twitter) something to the effect that any news organization that reports negatively about anything he or his organization are doing is fake news. so if you brought about any factual evidence that betsy devos screws up her job, you'll just be rebuked for making up lies or trusting "fake news" organization.

that's an odd argument. not sure if i need to respond. if devos screws up, it's a problem no matter what trump tweets. what trump tweets is irrelevant. he may not take responsibility (he prolly wont...). but he its not up to him to make those kinds of decisions. he's allowed to have an opinion. but who cares. nixon had an opinion about something watergate. and see what happened to him.

Nixon was threatened with impeachment, but resigned first. Clinton was the last POTUS to actually be impeached but remained in office for the rest of his second term.

The term itself is somewhat broad though. It can either mean charging an official with misconduct, or removing from office because of said misconduct, depending on context (or order of procedure).

Still not ruling out the possibility in the case of Trump, but we have to ask ourselves if his replacement would be any more benevolent.

I can imagine Trump not giving a fuck if he was impeached or not though, and the republicans are in such denial of reality right now that they wouldn't vote him out of office if it happened.

Nixon was threatened with impeachment, but resigned first. Clinton was the last POTUS to actually be impeached but remained in office for the rest of his second term.

The term itself is somewhat broad though. It can either mean charging an official with misconduct, or removing from office because of said misconduct, depending on context (or order of procedure).

Still not ruling out the possibility in the case of Trump, but we have to ask ourselves if his replacement would be any more benevolent.

At least the alternative would be a tiny bit less aggresive...

that's an odd argument. not sure if i need to respond. if devos screws up, it's a problem no matter what trump tweets. what trump tweets is irrelevant. he may not take responsibility (he prolly wont...). but he its not up to him to make those kinds of decisions. he's allowed to have an opinion. but who cares. nixon had an opinion about something watergate. and see what happened to him.

i get what you're saying. but trump's doesn't consider that his opinion. this is a guy who said global warming was manufactured by the chinese despite EVERY scientist telling him it is real- and he still said they were lying.

the fact that he can say global warming is manufactured by the chinese and still have people support him is why i don't think devos screwing up will be seen as a problem except by the left. the right will just ignore it and busy will resume as usual

btw: make americans great again?

At least the alternative would be a tiny bit less aggresive...

Meaning we'd be stuck with Pence? I dunno...a proper replacement may not come until January 2021, in which case we'd have to just suck it up and ride it out the next four years. November 2018 though...maybe we can flip Congress then. Maybe.

This is the most optimistic I can be right now. I fear any re-election of these tools at this point could mean an overall purge of political power on the left.

It does seem like grassroots dissent is growing more and more though.

DeVos is in. if I lived there and had children I'd be furious (edit: or if I was a teacher - doublename :mellow:). sympathies to y'all.

Edited by usagi