IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

The problem is the president. He's so desperate to be loved that if he gets positive feedback for military aggression I think you can be sure there'll be more and more of it. The middle east is already a clusterfuck.

Even a pig can climb a tree when flattered enough.

There's no post 45 intervention by the US etc that's been successful. 

let's ask kuwait what they think about this statement

in all seriousness i agree with your statement, you're mostly right, but i'm convinced most people opposed to the latest development are knee jerking and not considering the circumstances. 

the best case scenario would be to stay out of it all. but that opportunity faded a long time ago. so all i'm saying is given the choice between getting involved in a half arsed way and actually getting shit done directly i'm all for the direct approach. 

Desert Storm also succeeded because the objective was clear and simple - there was a lot of debate to take out Hussein and in hindsight it would of been a better time but the fact remains that that war succeeded because they focused on Kuwait.

The US also help end the Balkan chaos faster, the UN and Europe were watching a bloodbath unfold with their hands tied behind their back before the US lead NATO airstrikes in 1995. Grenada and Panama were successful but totally pragmatic. 

It's really just been post-9/11 that the US has slipped into failed interventions. It still succeeds in deterrence when in place: US Naval presence in the Gulf keeps trade open and waters secure. Eerily Russia is only invading countries without US/NATO bases (Ukraine, Georgia).

nope just don't think attacking genocidal maniacs with force is a world ending scenario just because i don't like the guy in charge. this is what obama should have been doing instead of farting around and pretending to be peaceful whilst participating by proxy. at least we've sorta cut the bullshit here. 

Trump is wrecking havoc on US domestic laws, attitudes, etc. That's the stuff that concerns me. He's already shifting foreign policy, like warming back up to China and backing off Russian ambivalence, because he's literally figuring out stuff every other POTUS and admin already knew.

Success cant ever be about selfishness and greed. Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf wars, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria...not to mention everywhere else they are fing up on a covert level...the U.S is a failure at home and abroad.

Success cant ever be about selfishness and greed. Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf wars, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria...not to mention everywhere else they are fing up on a covert level...the U.S is a failure at home and abroad.

subjective though because i think what america has always been is a power struggle. that's all it boils down to. two parties doing dirt to stay in power and help their supporters.. their backers.. their friends.. 

so, is it a failure if all the horrible shit that america does/did is by design? toppling democratically elected governments to insert despots loyal to american interests has always been the plan. remain the dominant power in the region or world at all costs.. maintain the american standard of living.. though this obviously doesn't include everyone in america.. that's a separate internal battle.

and yeah.. arguably it's failing because all the cracks are showing and late stage capitalism and all that.. the ship isn't going to float forever the way they're scrapping the various systems that were keeping it going. education, infrastructure etc.. the financial system.. all of it is hanging on by a thread. 

so i agree w/you it's a failure because it's a bad plan.. but it was a plan. a shortsighted one. 

fyi my dad just called me to say he thinks we'll shoot down whatever nk fires off for their celebration in an admirable show of statesmanship  :cerious:

Is that bad?

I tend to think that's a good approach maybe. I dunno.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

He thinks he's some kind of MAGA boy band member throwing hats into swarms of creaming girl fans. He will be crushed in 2020 that is unless the demoturds scythe their own faces off.

fucking lol

he can't even fake bullshit concern about the elections in Turkey like every other president before him, flol

it's like he can't lie when it's for something well-meaning/good

i secretly hope they destroy that Nk asshole. I hate what they've done to those people.  If they do it fast enough and use thaad missile defense maybe it can be done without too much damage to innocent lives

Fat Boy and Orange Clown are so much alike tho, personality-wise

I'd rather they be thrown into a boxing ring together so we can watch them have at it to our amusement. If the rest of us are to get involved in their pissing match, then that's the best way.

I'd rather they be thrown into a boxing ring together so we can watch them have at it to our amusement.

I'd put my money on Fat Boy, he's less than half the age of Orange Clown. 

heh

I'd rather they be thrown into a boxing ring together so we can watch them have at it to our amusement.

I'd put my money on Fat Boy, he's less than half the age of Orange Clown. 

heh

That's a good point, but he might quickly get sweaty and winded. They're both at disadvantages physically.

a sure fire way to prolong coitus....imagine piss wearing this jacket

I remember some time last month seeing Orange wearing a similar jacket. Hawkish politicians pretending to be generals. Image how real veterans would feel about that.

i secretly hope they destroy that Nk asshole. I hate what they've done to those people.  If they do it fast enough and use thaad missile defense maybe it can be done without too much damage to innocent lives

I'm sure chen could chime in but the shitty thing is how much death and destruction an assassination would bring...I'm not talking post-Gaddafi or post-Saddam instability either but a brief, emboldened counter-strike of the most fanatical of the DPRK in the wrath of such a move. Even if it's a quick war, one-sided war it'd still be messy. I think a lot of North Koreans simply don't know anything beyond their quaint existence - we see them as famished tortured masses but IIRC the top 1-5% of the DPRK live well and anyone who isn't a dissident is treatly fairly albeit in rural areas. Ignorance is bliss literally for them. South Koreas still have family in that country and mixed feelings about the US and their own government, it's a lot more emotionally loaded to ponder war from their perspective than ours. Add the fact that the last war they all experienced - and the one that forged the existence of the DPRK and the military dictatorships in the ROK that existed until the 1980s - was brutal as hell, and the US was the main belligerent in the eyes of the communist North.

There's no good endgame, at least not immediately.