IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

trench warfare generally refers to world war one which was nothing to do with hitler. but yes, chemical weapons were used, and used in earnest for the first real time in a war. also they were used by both sides afaik.

Edited by BCM

To be 100% fair most likely all that he meant was that Hitler never used chemical weapons like Assad allegedly did. It's a bit ironic but it just wasn't thought out.

"no no what he really meant is this.." is the story of this administration  

i dont want to play riddles dude, they can't communicate effectively what they are trying to say (part of me thinks this is on purpose)

trump is a shitty communicator and so are his gang, no wonder the idiots that voted for this abomination see what they want to see in his speeches, its all scrambled nonsense (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia)

Edited by Deer

trump is planning on using the poor as a bargaining chip.. freeze whatever subsidies he can that help poor people until the dems repeal the affordable care act. 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/trump-i-may-sabotage-obamacare-until-democrats-repeal-it.html?mid=facebook_nymag

best deals.. so much winning.. 

i hope he dies on the toilet bleeding from every orifice 

trump is planning on using the poor as a bargaining chip.. freeze whatever subsidies he can that help poor people until the dems repeal the affordable care act. 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/trump-i-may-sabotage-obamacare-until-democrats-repeal-it.html?mid=facebook_nymag

best deals.. so much winning.. 

i hope he dies on the toilet bleeding from every orifice 

JFC. I imagine the Dems can just call his bluff if he tries it, because ultimately I'm not sure the Republicans in Congress can let this tactic fly, since so many of the people they represent would be effected by the possible subsidies, and ultimately the people don't actually want Obamacare gone, they just of course want its benefits...but not associated with a black man.

they had a press conference about a bomb.. because they have nothing else to offer.

jesus christ talk about compensating

anyway militarily speaking there's some novelty to it tech wise but it's not that big of a deal tactically - it's for bombing deep tunnel/cave systems

USAF dropped BLU-82 daisy cutters, which the MOAB replaced, a lot in Desert Storm and other operations and those things are pretty comparable

lol?

war has a funny way of coming full circle

more examples I can think of offhand:

we supplied ROC (Taiwan) in 1958 with AIM-9 sidewinder missiles very early on, as they were then a key ally against the PRC (China). during one of many skirmishes ROC and and PRC fighter jets had one of the AIM-9 missiles hit a MiG-17 but didn't explode and instead became lodged in the jet. It returned and the Chinese were able to reverse engineer the missile with the USSR, who went on to produce the very successful AA-2 Atoll missile and various derivatives.

Gaddafi's main air base in the 80s was bombed by USAF fighters - all of the hangers and facilities were once American, it was a cold war era base until 1970.

Israeli's built the terminal in Entebbe that they raided during the hostage crisis there in the 1970s, back with Uganda and Israel were close trading partners just years before.

wonder how long it will take for trump to calibrate just how much military aggression is the right amount to make him popular again

the problem is - he's made it clear he's handed a lot of the responsibility for these decisions to the military itself - he'll claim the "successes", and disown the mistakes

the guy literally didnt even know this big dumb idiot american bomb was dropped until afterwards...that glance down when the journalist asks him whether he authorised it is total child body language....guilty sheepishness...

The people who still support him have some fetish for aggressive military action. This feels like the end times of the Roman Empire all over again. Only now the weaponry and tech are vastly more destructive.

At this rate who knows if we all survive the next six months. To my fellow non-Americans, I'm deeply sorry for this orange shithead we ended up with.

"no no what he really meant is this.." is the story of this administration  

i dont want to play riddles dude, they can't communicate effectively what they are trying to say (part of me thinks this is on purpose)

trump is a shitty communicator and so are his gang, no wonder the idiots that voted for this abomination see what they want to see in his speeches, its all scrambled nonsense (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia)

There's no post 45 intervention by the US etc that's been successful. History clearly shows. I'll never support any war mongering MIC. Don't support Assad, Ghadafi, Hussein etc either. I'll keep my bearings on violence for as long as possible.

If it killed a bunch of Isis, then fine, id say the world is a better place without them.

The problem is the president. He's so desperate to be loved that if he gets positive feedback for military aggression I think you can be sure there'll be more and more of it. The middle east is already a clusterfuck.

Edited by Sally Vingoe