IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

this guy is such a fucking asshole racist white supremacist snob

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/report-trump-calls-haiti-el-salvador-african-nations-shithole-countries/

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

i hope he dies soon. 

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting. 

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

SOURCE

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and African countries, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than people from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-immigration-norway-haiti.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66345417&pgtype=Homepage

Yeah, there's at least a day or more lag on that stuff. His bumping up recently seems to have been from the holiday quiet, good end of year/beginning of year business/WallSt stuff, passing the tax bill, etc. Will be curious to see if today's "shithole" comments do anything at all. It's par for the course.

Edited by auxien

This "Shithole" business seems to be a further level of the degradation of his dementia, he's basically operating at Prince Phillip levels now. He'll be a total mess in a year.

To me it doesn't seem any different from anything else he's said about comparable subjects. His base won't care. Twitter is up in arms I'm sure. Just another day.

yeah.. he said equally awful or worse things about haiti and africa a while back.. i guess just bluntly saying 'shithole' as a characterization and comparing to norway catches people in a different way.. though it's odd because previously he said, in regards to haitian immigrants "they all have aids" and about africans "they'll go back home to their huts" or something like that... 

so, he's just piling on more really.. 

explicitly calling other countries 'shit holes' is most certainly an escalation of his rhetoric.

Dunno how really. He's called Mexicans rapists. Actively worked to ban all Muslims from entering the country. Also, of course see:

in regards to haitian immigrants "they all have aids" and about africans "they'll go back home to their huts" or something like that...

He's just as terrible of a person as he was yesterday, publicly and privately.

jesus, I hadn't heard about the 'AIDS' comment, but that was just from a few weeks ago? so it's in the same timeframe as his current comments, re his declining mental state it all still fits. I'm not saying he hasn't always thought this stuff, he just had enough sense to not say it publicly, or at least add 'and some of them are nice people' or some other weasel words.

jesus, I hadn't heard about the 'AIDS' comment, but that was just from a few weeks ago? so it's in the same timeframe as his current comments, re his declining mental state it all still fits. I'm not saying he hasn't always thought this stuff, he just had enough sense to not say it publicly, or at least add 'and some of them are nice people' or some other weasel words.

...he didn't say the shithole comment publicly though. It was from a private meeting in the Oval Office.

...he didn't say the shithole comment publicly though. It was from a private meeting in the Oval Office.

...and the AIDS comments were from last year, not three weeks ago (only skimmed the article and misread).

Still though, this wasn't a private meeting, it was with a bipartisan group of senators. As long as he's around anyone outside of his inner circle he should know better to modulate his outbursts at least somewhat.

In the same meeting he initially said he was a big fan of some Democrat initiative apparently, until one of the Republicans jumped in and had to remind him that was verboten. He also made some really dumb comment about not having any opinion on what deal to make, and he'd just listen to what everyone else had to say. lol. He's not supposed to let on that he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing.

I have zero doubts now that he's a racist, xenophobic bag of dog shit. As if all the ICEstapo raids weren't bad enough.

Anyone who still vehemently defends him has no moral compass, and is devoid of compassion, empathy, logic, or intellect.