IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Where are the FBI etc dismantling the seemingly abundant hate groups that keep popping up lately? Isn’t this shit their jurisdiction? 

Can't do much until they do something illegal.

• Like 1

here we go...we knew this was coming:

Scoop: Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-digital-media-competitor-25afddee-144d-4820-8ed4-9eb0ffa42420.html

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios.

• "He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it," said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump's intentions

Here's Trump's plan, according to the source:

• There's been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
  • Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
  • Trump's digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he'd aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.

• Burger 3

that could actually be good news, non?

the more segregated the echo chamber is from mainstream media, the less likely moderate rep voters will be entangled in it. on the other hand there's no bounds to extremism, but arguably most lines have been crossed already anyway. hm...

53 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

that could actually be good news, non?

hopefully so. I just wish mainstream media would follow suit and stop giving him non-stop coverage once he's out of office. no doubt it will take awhile to shake their trump addiction.

if he's relegated to the corners of the internet where Breitbart, Limbaugh, Alex Jones, etc. live, then maybe he'll eventually fade away in a wash of far right crazies. it would also be up to the GOP to cut ties with him, and force him to go on the attack against them. 

reminds me of the ending of Terminator 2. donnie's like the T-1000 lashing out at everyone, while the rest of us are Linda Hamilton waiting to confirm he's finally gone...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, zero said:

here we go...we knew this was coming:

Scoop: Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-digital-media-competitor-25afddee-144d-4820-8ed4-9eb0ffa42420.html

being the strategic business genius he is, this will surely play out well

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Random question, but is there some video or article that does goes into depth on the similarities and differences of Trump vs Hitler or any prominent authoritarian?

1 hour ago, kieselguhr kid said:

being the strategic business genius he is, this will surely play out well

Ah. So that's why he suddenly hates Fox and told his fans to start hating fox. I wonder if Fox had remained 100% loyal to him, if he would have suddenly found a major reason to hate Fox because of his new indoctrination channel.

Edited by Brisbot

I think one of the big psychological tethers for conservative voters is authority, so having a fissure between the fairly stable and seemingly-authoritative Fox vs. Donnie's Discount Propaganda Emporium is gonna fuck with a lot of people's heads. The lack of solidarity is going to be interesting to watch play out for the solidarity party.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Random question, but is there some video or article that does goes into depth on the similarities and differences of Trump vs Hitler or any prominent authoritarian?

that yale historian, timothy snyder, has been calling trump authoritarian since 2016. he spotted several identifying characteristics way back then, because he studies authoritarianism. i wish i could recommend a specific talk that provides what you asked for but i haven't watched too many. but i know he has many talks on youtube. many are from a few years ago, but, with trump contesting the election/not conceding, he is doing the media circuit, lately, as well.

his is good content to check out. he knows the practical advise that people need to hear.

while i'm talking about it, i'll link this article by benjamin wittes, who is saying what most knowledgeable people are saying: trump can't stay in power. he's done. he needs to start looking at real estate in russia. https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-hard-it-overturn-american-election

the play is to just work on the root issue of fox news saps, and run murdoch out of town. that will help to mitigate whatever bullshit we have to deal with until individual 1 is on the run, or dead from suicide.

but we are still on coup alert. top-level purges at the pentagon are concerning. it may get worse before it gets better. but this dude's check is about to bounce. we're about to see a holiday season with hospitals overrun all around the country. el paso hospitals are requiring military assistance, presently. 

Edited by very honest

there's a lot of things printed over the years. this guy spells it out pretty well. 

https://ommalloy.medium.com/why-trumps-base-is-a-brainwashed-cult-and-how-to-break-the-spell-765866991081

also, there's a doc about th erise of hitler and history of the time preceding when he assumed power that's pretty fascinating about how it all went down. very trumpian like vibes. 

here's episode one-  rise of the nazis - goes into the politics and personalities leading up to it. hitler was on the way out when he got an olive branch from someone else trying to get back in power. but hitler and trump literally said all the same shit. 

https://www.pbs.org/video/episode-1-politics-6y6ygy/

More than 130 Secret Service officers are said to be infected with coronavirus or quarantining in wake of Trump’s campaign travel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-coronavirus-outbreak/2020/11/13/610eebcc-2539-11eb-8672-c281c7a2c96e_story.html

1 hour ago, zero said:

spacer.png

the interview that everyone has been waiting for. a heartfelt call to justice from a mother threatening legal acting to a president elect for labeling her son a racist his peaceful protest at kenosha armed with an AK-47 which he took just in case things went south (they did)

“He’s my son, and I know him”

Edited by Nebraska
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

the interview that everyone has been waiting for. a heartfelt call to justice from a mother threatening legal acting to a president elect for labeling her son a racist his peaceful protest at kenosha armed with an AK-47 which he took just in case things went south (they did)

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

“He’s my son, and I know him”

The family clearly doesn't listen to Johnny Cash.

That just reads as "we're willing to let wages stagnate and defund everything BUT police."

Wants to protect health care but doesn't think everyone should have the right to it.