IGNORED

Lone - Ambivert Tools Volume 1

fumi

Press Release

Following Lone AKA Matt Cutler’s stunning sixth album ‘Levitate’s hallucinogenic joyride through breakbeats, he returns to R&S with ‘Ambivert Tools’ the first in a series of EPs for the floor returning to hypnotic 4/4 excursions. Inspired in no small part by the rich seam of house that he’s been excavating with his fine Magicwire imprint, a refreshed Cutler delivers an EP stacked with sure-fire bullets, crafted for his intoxicating DJ sets.

First up is ‘Crush Mood’ - crunching drums, lush resampled chords and dulcet female vox combine into a heady, peak-time rush. ‘Chroma' comes off like a lost 90s anthem, with its shimmering vibes, airy chords and bumpy rhythm track. B-side closer ‘From A Past Life’ could well be the strongest track on the EP - hazy Emulator ii chords, spiral arpeggios, gooey bass and woozy african percussion that finds Lone digging deeper into some of his more esoteric House music influences.

'Ambivert Tools' finds Cutler a true master, at the top of his game - taking all he’s learned over his many years of beat exploration and condensing it down into rugged house stacked full of nagging melody / harmony that elegantly pays tribute to bygone years whilst simultaneously feeling fresh and vital to 21st century dance floors.

TRACKLISTING:

A1. Crush Mood A2. Chroma B. From A Past Life

https://bleep.com/release/82060-lone-ambivert-tools-volume-one

Lol i feel like those song descriptions apply to everything lone has ever made, but still i'm always pumped for new lone

same here

Lone kicks off his new release with Lone-esque synths, rhythms, and melodies.

Love me some Lone - Levitate was album of the year for me. Sometimes it's refreshing to listen to somebody fully embrace their sound and just run with it, as opposed to constantly trying to reinvent themselves. Not to say every Lone release is the same, just that he really knows his strengths

levitate was a really great album. Not too long or padded out with a load of mediocre tracks.

That Sleepwalkers track was the best thing he's ever done, IMO.

Crush Mood is just generic house to me? Is there something I am missing that all you are hearing?

Where is the warmth, the signature sound?

(PS. Lone is a top 5 producer for me.  Love guy.)

Crush Mood has a nice break at 03:20, but the rest of the song is just really mediocre in my experience

"Free your mind, eh-eh-eheh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-YO"

Crush Mood has a nice break at 03:20, but the rest of the song is just really mediocre in my experience

Yeah I admit I didn't like the vocal sample as much for the last half.

That said I really cannot get enough of Lone's house sound. He's really Loned, I mean honed into his niche.

• 1 month later...

This leaked.  Gotta say..... NICE!!!!!!

Was bored with Crushmood, but the other 2 completely made up for it.

Lush as fuck and will be enjoyed on my upcoming beach vacations this year for sure.

Yeah I admit I didn't like the vocal sample as much for the last half.

That said I really cannot get enough of Lone's house sound. He's really Loned, I mean honed into his niche.

I'm just wondering when he might lone his sound to others.

Archived