IGNORED

Pizza with pineapple on it is the worst thing humanity has perpetrated

Dan C

and don't forget the jewel in the crown:

article-2062073-0ED0631D00000578-171_468

*swells with patriotic pride* :catsalute:

Wtf is that sliced bread with toast?

.________________.

I mean, isn't this an IDM forum? I thought most of us here had a fondness for weird shit.

Fair point. One of the interesting challenges of IDM is establishing your own rules and aesthetics (or figuring out the unwritten ones) and making a concerted effort to make them work in lieu of a well-established formula you can just lean on with most genre-based music. Sometimes the systems established just don't work and that can be interesting too. This can be said of food as well. I personally don't take issue with pineapple pizza or mozzarella on sushi being "weird", it's that the former only works with special care (which many pizza chefs and pizza eaters alike don't give a fuck about), and I don't see how the latter would work at all.  

But on that note, what did you like about the mozzarella on the sushi? Maybe there's something there worth exploring. What did they do differently? Maybe with the rice - make it a little drier than usual to compensate for the steam from the mozza? Did they use tofu or tamago instead of the usual sashimi (which would get at least partly cooked by the heat)? Did they double-wrap the nori to strengthen it against the warping caused by the heat?

My guess is they added the mozzarella on top right at the end. And they slightly browned it somehow, like a crème brûlée. The contents included crab meat, avocado, cucumber, mushroom, scallop, and tobiko. And it was garnished with green onion on top.

The rice did feel dry on the sushi. TBH I don't think the mozzarella really damaged the texture of it. I think crab and scallop you can get away with using that kind of cheese, but not with any type of raw fish.

My guess is they added the mozzarella on top right at the end. And they slightly browned it somehow, like a crème brûlée. The contents included crab meat, avocado, cucumber, mushroom, scallop, and tobiko. And it was garnished with green onion on top.

The rice did feel dry on the sushi. TBH I don't think the mozzarella really damaged the texture of it. I think crab and scallop you can get away with using that kind of cheese, but not with any type of raw fish.

The localized browning sounds like an interesting theory. An Indian guy I work with explained to me that paneer is basically the Indian version of tofu. It browns nicely too although it doesn't seem to melt. Maybe a cheese like a gruyere that can stay hard but also brown and melt nicely could work well for this.

in scotland you can get what is known as a roll and scone, which is a fried potato scone in a buttered bread roll. sauce optional. 

Edited by messiaen

Yeah, clams are good.

Alright, listen up... you guys don't know what life is unless you've had a pizza with nutella and mascarpone. It's the fucking BOMB! I know people have a tendency to add strawberries to it. But no. Fuck strawberries.

All the photos that Google shows you if you do a search for it make it look disgusting. But trust me. Come to my hometown and I'll buy you a nutella-mascarpone pizza. I'll treat you real nice. Treat ya good.

Best seafood pizza is definitely Scampi pizza. So good. Actually, Scampi and Blue mussel pizza is the best seafood combo.

Edited by impakt

pizza is like music yknow, a classic margherita would be classical music, nice and easy, and a pineapple or seafood pizza would be like merzbow: not actual pizza and absolute shit

are you implying that merzbow is not actual classical music you vile heathen.

Best seafood pizza is definitely Scampi pizza. So good. Actually, Scampi and Blue mussel pizza is the best seafood combo.

Goddamn I gotta get on this.

i made a mild travesty of a pizza a few months back, leftover octopus, squid ink + squid risotto from work plopped on a dr.oetkers ristorante frozen pizza at 3am. extra cheddar. it was deece.

i made a mild travesty of a pizza a few months back, leftover octopus, squid ink + squid risotto from work plopped on a dr.oetkers ristorante frozen pizza at 3am. extra cheddar. it was deece.

lol... that sounds pretty bad man. Sounds like something I'd make when uber stoned.

Yeah, clams are good.

Alright, listen up... you guys don't know what life is unless you've had a pizza with nutella and mascarpone. It's the fucking BOMB! I know people have a tendency to add strawberries to it. But no. Fuck strawberries.

All the photos that Google shows you if you do a search for it make it look disgusting. But trust me. Come to my hometown and I'll buy you a nutella-mascarpone pizza. I'll treat you real nice. Treat ya good.

Mascarpone has potential. Fuck outta here with the nutella and strawberry tho.

Sounds like something I'd make when uber stoned.

90% of the shit in this thread